Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Unless it's real and the guy who says it's fake is doing so because his explanation sounds plausible and because he knows people leap to conclusions like lemmings off a cliff.

Yup.

Good luck sleeping tonight.
    I did consider that, but then I realized the implication of it. If it were real, that would mean that this random person was taking credit for something made by gamefreak/nintendo. Anyone with any semblence of sanity, troll or otherwise, is NOT going to claim that they made something actually produced by gamefreak. You don't just claim that you are responsible for something produced by a major entertainment company. I highly doubt that anyone would want to risk being sued for everything they own just for the sake of trolling.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

Uh, no. No, thinking that way is overreacting just a touch. Particularly since what you've described isn't what's taking place at all.

Someone doing as I described would be trolling. Nothing more. Just like someone making fake stuff and propagating it in the first place would be doing.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    i think it's fake untill proven real. like i said on bulbagarden:

The thing is, it looks to crappy to be considered 'real'. I used to draw and edit alot on photoshop and gimp and I can tell that poster has been edited.

See this image? Compare it to the edited version and these two look EXACTLY alike. The only thing Mr XY did was that he cropped the characters so that they would be downward and he edited Myuutwo's position as well. There is also green splotches around the characters and Myuutwo itself and none of the official posters have that.

I still can't believe you guys are actually using this as an excuse for proving that it's fake. serebii said this thousands of times, even on this thread because this picture has been posted before.

From Joe's Facebook post:
    "It's too early to say. There's enough evidence both ways.. Incidentally, this has happened before:
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyurem/poster3.jpg
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyurem/image4.jpg "
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post

I still can't believe you guys are actually using this as an excuse for proving that it's fake. serebii said this thousands of times, even on this thread because this picture has been posted before.

From Joe's Facebook post:
    "It's too early to say. There's enough evidence both ways.. Incidentally, this has happened before:
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyurem/poster3.jpg
    http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyurem/image4.jpg "
    yep it di dhappen before it's too early to say anything...!
    it could turn either way!

Spoiler:- ASB Records and Credits:

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.|Wild Future|ASB

Uh, no. No, thinking that way is overreacting just a touch. Particularly since what you've described isn't what's taking place at all.

Someone doing as I described would be trolling. Nothing more. Just like someone making fake stuff and propagating it in the first place would be doing.
    Alright, fair enough. I must have misinterpreted your statement.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Mr XY trolled us all XD
    He didn't troll me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    He didn't troll me.
    Neither Me. And it isn't a troll he Is just stealing the Credits.

( I likeee my signature :P )

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

If that is Mewtwo's new form, then I'll cry. Now hes just reminding me of Dragon Ball Z.
    White F.C.: 0777-1970-9810
    and team~
    I have White2 but don't play it too much.
    Pokemon that NEED evo's in X and Y
    I think Magikarp should be in the Uber tier.

I wish they would bring back contests. They gave me something to do besides battling. And it was entertaining.

You'll get over it eventually (assuming it's real).

-----
    Words to|live by

Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon of all time, and for the first time in the Pokemon series I am really disappointed in this new form (if it is in fact real). There are some Pokemon that I don't care for, but this is the first evolution of a Pokemon that I thought looks awful. Mewtwo is such an awesome looking Pokemon and why ruin that with that terrible evolution? I'm just disappointed

Like the last chap who was similarly dismayed at his world being turned upside down at this earth-shattering news, you will in fact likely get over it eventually, again assuming that it is in fact real.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Charizard View Post
    Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon of all time, and for the first time in the Pokemon series I am really disappointed in this new form (if it is in fact real). There are some Pokemon that I don't care for, but this is the first evolution of a Pokemon that I thought looks awful. Mewtwo is such an awesome looking Pokemon and why ruin that with that terrible evolution? I'm just disappointed
    (If real), How did they ruin Mewtwo? The forme is seperate from the original design, the Mewtwo we know as a child hasn't nor will be canned at all. You still have your lovely Psychic type badass, all it has is an addition to its general self (can't find the right words so don't flame me on this sentence). It's like complaining that Victreebel gets a new move that hampers it or Eevee obtaining a new evolution.
    Like the last chap who was similarly dismayed at his world being turned upside down at this earth-shattering news, you will in fact likely get over it eventually, again assuming that it is in fact real.
    I give them 6 months, if not then they will eventually get over it either way like you said.

I'm not sure what to make out of this mewtwo form. The thing that's interesting about this is how easily it could be fake, but it actually looks quite real. Fakemon creators all over the web make mewtwo forms/mewthrees drastically overpowered with 80 cannons coming out of it tail, this one is able to hold back on features and seem like it could exist in Gen.1.

In addition, while we have few pokemon to go off of, it seems to me the designers have taken the heavy criticism on the "ridiculousness" of the Gen.5 Pokemon to heart, and are holding back and making more proportionate and logical designs, which I feel this is under.

So my point being this is either the work of a very calculating designer, or is real. Obviously my thoughts don't solve the real/fake dilemma at all, but still, I find it interesting.
    ----------------------------------

I found an Artist rendition of what the full form may look like:

In this perspective, it looks pretty cool.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    it seems to me the designers have taken the heavy criticism on the "ridiculousness" of the Gen.5 Pokemon to heart, and are holding back and making more proportionate and logical designs, which I feel this is under.
    No. No one capable of leveling a criticism that matters, much less a criticism that any of the designers would ever actually hear, ever called the Generation V designs "ridiculous".

Rule of thumb: if you think something - anything - was changed or otherwise affected by anything the fans did short of them not actually buying the games (which hasn't happened), remind yourself it wasn't and determine another hypothesis.

-----
    Words to|live by

[QUOTE=your boss;15876282](If real), How did they ruin Mewtwo? The forme is seperate from the original design, the Mewtwo we know as a child hasn't nor will be canned at all. You still have your lovely Psychic type badass, all it has is an addition to its general self (can't find the right words so don't flame me on this sentence). It's like complaining that Victreebel gets a new move that hampers it or Eevee obtaining a new evolution.

I see what you're saying; however, if they make the new form stronger than the original Mewtwo is kind of obsolete. Why would you want to use the original if it is weaker, especially in competitive game play? It doesn't even seem that creative of a design in my personal opinion, as all they did was take the tail and put it on his head (it looks like a Majin Buu rip off). I don't know they could have gave Mewtwo a more elagent design if they were going to do it.

In THAT perspective, he does look decent.

But when I see the poster, his head looks WAY too big for his body, almost chibi like. Plus I can't comprehend WHAT I see in the poster lol Is the tail connected to the head? Is it that super long thing?

Im open to a new Mewtwo form, but it should have some class. This rendition....I'm fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Charizard View Post
    I see what you're saying; however, if they make the new form stronger than the original Mewtwo is kind of obsolete. Why would you want to use the original if it is weaker, especially in competitive game play?
    Deoxys says hi.
    Last edited by T.W.I.; 6th April 2013 at 6:35 AM.

This... is...AWESOME!!!!!!!

No es fake!
    Credit to FairyWitch.

I'm in it.

Personally i think its real and i have a theory. Now with Gen 6 hinting at chromosomes with x and y, and Mewtwo being the genetic pokemon while Deoxys is the DNA pokemon, and with fusions introduced with kyurem i think Newtwo is a fusion of Mewtwo and Deoxys. Look at its design alongside Speed Deoxys.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Personally i think its real and i have a theory. Now with Gen 6 hinting at chromosomes with x and y, and Mewtwo being the genetic pokemon while Deoxys is the DNA pokemon, and with fusions introduced with kyurem i think Newtwo is a fusion of Mewtwo and Deoxys. Look at its design alongside Speed Deoxys.
    Nah, the fusion thing will most likely be kept exclusive to Kyurem. In fact, it isn't even a proper fusion, it is just Kyurem merging again with Zekrom or Reshiram. Let's not forget that according to Drayden, the Tao Trio were originally a single Pokémon and Kyurem is nothing but what was left after the Zekrom/Reshiram split. Anyway, I don't know where this absurd idea of Mewtwo fusing with Deoxys comes from. Deoxys hasn't been mentioned for ages and the new form of Mewtwo looks nothing like any of Deoxys's forms. If anything, the new form of Mewtwo would be a fusion of the legendary clone with a lame Furret.

His tail moved to his head? Ehh.

I dont think Mewtwo will have a fusion form either. The only legendary relates to him is Mew. Its kinda weird for them to form anything.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Jeez, it's MEWTHREE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

I wasn't sure at first, but I'm starting to really like this thing. I hope it's real, even if its head is bigger than in this picture. It'd make a great Down-B swap-out for Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. 4.
    Friend Safari:

3DS FC: 2836 - 0188 - 2561
    I'm currently looking for a with its Hidden Ability, Volt Absorb. If you'll trade one, or you have a Safari, please PM me!

I've finished my Pokédex, so feel free to get in touch if you need something for yours (I can't trade many legendaries, but I do have multiple of a few that I might trade for shinies).

Not too bad to be honest, but still nowhere near as good as the original. I still think that this whole ''new form'' is completely fake.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

No. No one capable of leveling a criticism that matters, much less a criticism that any of the designers would ever actually hear, ever called the Generation V designs "ridiculous".
    Really? You honestly think 3 million people saying "a freaking Ice cream cone is a pokemon!" never reached any of the designers? This is not the days of R/B/Y with only 5 people designing the pokemon. B/W had around 17 designers, many of who I follow their blogs/drawr accounts as I'm a big fakemon creator, plenty of which I can assure you talk with fans all over the world.

Hell, I've seen people mention the "ridiculousness"(note that I loved 5th gen, this isn't my opinion) on Sugimori's Twitter account. This isn't the 1990's anymore, the internet and twitter are rampant. And furthermore, a better rule of thumb if you ask me, is ask yourself what a designers JOB is? To make something appealing to their audience.

(on a side note, Sugimori himself said in a online nintendo power interview with Iwata, that the designs for 5th gen were pretty edgy for his tastes. So to me, its only logical he'd want to hold back a bit)
    ----------------------------------

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast