Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    The main question I have is that if it is a new Mewtwo forme, how do they plan on explaining it in the anime?
    They didn't bother explaining even Kyurem. It will simply transform and that's it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627
    [img]http://i47.*******.com/2cr9dn8.png[/img]
    "Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you! My rival should be strong to keep me sharp."
    Your rival would like to battle!

>_>

All over DeviantART too. At least there are less ponies that way. I'm just going to make one more comment, it reminds of a combination of Dragon Ball Z's Frieza, Cell, and Buu. More importantly, it looks eerily similar to Giygas.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I really hope this has ingame plot significance and they're not giving it a new form to bait Gen 1 fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    They didn't bother explaining even Kyurem. It will simply transform and that's it.
    True. At least Kyurem was explained in the games though. Hopefully if this is a Mewtwo forme, it will also be explained to an extent in the games...that way it can be inferred over to the anime?
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

hell yeah....i knew it's true....the only thing is wat type it'll get
    Maybe psychic/ice or psychic/poison
    To be hell lot effective on the genesect!

Thank God; it might actually not be Mewtwo!

Edit: Mewtwo is alright as it was; giving it a new Forme would just be flipping lame; additionally, I am a considerable Gen 1 fan, and, furthermore, just making a new legendary who resembles Mewtwo would definitely be better than giving it a different Forme.
    Last edited by PokeLegend; 7th April 2013 at 6:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    Thank God; it might actually not be Mewtwo!
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Right, let's get this sorted out a bit here. There seems to be some confusion going around. I'll just lay down some facts and we'll go from there

Fact the first: This Pokémon REPLACES standard Mewtwo on the poster for the movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens. This indicates that it is likely to be Mewtwo. This is further confirmed by the official Japanese site promising the new trailer on April 18th featuring Mewtwo and Newtwo, where it says secrets shall be revealed

The official sites say that it's a new Pokémon. This has occurred before, most recently with the reveal of Black & White Kyurem where Smash, and Junichi Masuda, labelled them as new Pokémon. This become a point for discussion for a while until we managed to get the artwork from press sites seen to be labelled as 646_black and 646_white.

This to me at least indicates that it's a new form. However, who knows, it could be some new variation introduced in XY
    Again - most things point to it being some variation of Mewtwo.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yet there's still a chance it isn't.

If that's what you prefer to cling to.

-----
    Words to|live by

Have you seen the images for it on the official X and Y page? They appear to suggest it to be a different Pokémon entirely.
    Last edited by PokeLegend; 7th April 2013 at 6:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    Have you seen the official confirmation pages for it? They appear to suggest it to be a different Pokémon.
    Did you read what I quoted? It explains why that may not be strictly accurate and shouldn't be taken literally

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Did you read what I quoted? It explains why that may not be strictly accurate and shouldn't be taken literally
    I apologize if I appeared to take that comment as being definitively adverse to my own; I'm just relieved because once I initially saw it, and heard it was almost certainly going to be Mewtwo rather than some other Legendary, which I thought would've been stupid as h3ll.

There is an interesting piece of speculation leading to what it may be:

In most of the gen Final movies, like Lucario in the third gen, and Zoroark in the 4th gen, they're is usually a pokemon that is included from the next gen in the current gen final movie. Not the short, the movie (although, it may be sylveon if they decide to change it up a bit).

So, the hypothesis is that maybe the new gen pokemon in this next movie is Newtwo and it is a completely separate pokemon. but that's just speculation. it could go either way.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Point is, as explained, there are more signs that point to it being a transformation of Mewtwo - or at least possessed of a very close association to Mewtwo if not a direct transformation - than not.

-----
    Words to|live by

Point is, as explained, there are more signs that point to it being a transformation of Mewtwo - or at least possessed of a very close association to Mewtwo if not a direct transformation - than not.
    Eactly, for example the upcoming movie's title (ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening). No less, it could be something different but related. All these hints to familiar faces for us veteran players, they still leave so many unanswered questions making us want more; it's marketing 101. Personally, as a competitive player, I hope it's something very different but it's best for all of us to keep quiet and wait in anticipation!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm still hoping its a new pokemon all together. It would be cool if it was another clone that escaped or survived Mewtwo's blast or a different clone from another laboratory.

There's still a chance that it is it's own pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    There's still a chance that it is it's own pokemon.
    Is there a chance? Yes, in the sense that there isn't "not" a chance.

But let's consider the workings of the movie here. It's already been shown that this new design replaces Mewtwo on the movie posters, much as the Keldeo and Kyurem formes did on last summer's movie. The movie still has Mewtwo's name in the title - it didn't have an extra coda added on nor was part of it changed, as is sometimes the case when a new critter is revealed prior to the movie's release.

Is it possible that it's an entirely new critter, and that they're keeping its name out of the title to hide that fact? Maybe, but that's a mighty big stretch.

I think you'd agree that right now, most of the signs point to it being a forme change.

-----
    Words to|live by

Mew<insert number here> has a very attractive page detailing the past escapades of Mewtwo and featuring a cameo from Mew.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

The American site provides much of the same, just in English (stating the obvious) and with smaller images.

-----
    Words to|live by

I feel like this could be MewThree because he has three toes while Mewtwo only has two. It's a long shot, and it's a small detail that may not mean anything but it could be that it IS it's own Pokemon, and they tried once again to recreate Mew but this time they didn't succeed at all and ended up just creating a normal non legendary Pokemon that resembles and carries the same DNA as Mew and Mewtwo. Or it could be a legendary Pokemon that is more powerful than both Mew and Mewtwo, or it could even be just a form of Mewtwo. I for one am very interested in what it could be.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I must admit, I really like the design of this new Mewtwo form, (if it is a new form). The long head, the purple fingers and toes, as well as the thin design looks really great, I think.
    Personally, I don't think it is a Mewthree or something, but a new form of Mewtwo, since it looks very similar to Mewtwo with the colors and the tail, which has been moved to its head.
    Mew and Mewtwo looked a lot more different I think, and why would the new movie has Mewtwo in its title, if the movie is more about a Mewthree?
    This is a very positive announcement for me, and i'm looking forward to find out more about the new movie as well as X and Y details.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992

My main Pokémon interests are to play the games, battle competitively and to watch the animé.
    My favorite type is the Bug type. My favorite Pokémon is Scizor.

I hope it is Mewthree or whatever, because it actually looks pretty cool. It being a new Mewtwo forme would ruin it for me. But if it was one, it'd be called "Awakened Forme".
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    It being a new Mewtwo forme would ruin it for me.
    Someone explain this line of thinking to me. You're fine with it as a separate Pokémon, but if it's only a transformation (which the signs point to it being) then good lord all is lost all is lost?

-----
    Words to|live by

I like everyone is all in a frenzy about Newtwo. Watching it all unfold is pretty funny but I digress. However, I really do like Newtwo's design and I am interested in finding out more.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::

As a big Mewtwo fan, I think it would be a shame if it is a Mewthree or something. Mew and Mewtwo has always been connected close to each other, so a new Mew clone would just not fit in I think.
    It is also hard to consider this as a new Pokémon I think, since it has so many characteristics of Mewtwo. The tail, which has been moved to the backhead, in the same purple color, the bow on its head looks a lot like the bow, which were on its neck in its original form. Also the thin design, with the legs being wider than the rest of its body is making it looking like a new form, rather than an entirely new Pokémon. I really hope that it is the case too, because I'm a big Mewtwo fan, and doesn't want it to be overshadowed by a new Mew clone.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992

My main Pokémon interests are to play the games, battle competitively and to watch the animé.
    My favorite type is the Bug type. My favorite Pokémon is Scizor.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast