Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 256

Thread: Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Let us assume that this isn't competitive battling, and only 1 trainer actually EV trained.

    Because if it was a competitive battle, then I know that Aerodactyl could be taken down by mewtwo. Also, Mewtwo and Aerodactyl aren't in the same rank and I'm pretty sure that unless it's a wi-fi match, you can't take mewtwo into a ranked game via random battle.
    So his was all built on an incredibly one sided scenario? Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    ...May I ask what the point is, then?
    The only point I had was that there are Pokemon with a faster speed than mewtwo that could possibly take it down. I did not say that the strategy was flawed, or that they're was a counter for it, just that there are combos that can take it down.

    I was barely discussing the new form at that point. I should probably stop before someone comes and ask us to remain on topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    And why the hell would Mewtwo not be EV trained? Using situations that solely benefit your side of the argument doesnt help your argument. Speed tie
    I never said that it had to be EV trained, I was only saying that they're are combinations that can take mewtwo down. I completely understand that my logic is somewhat flawed when it comes competitively, but by no means do I mean that any of this means Mewtwo needs a new form. I was just simply proving the point that they're are pokemon faster than mewtwo who could possibly take it down.

    Besides, Mewtwo isn't allowed in Ranked games.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  3. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Kind of why I mentioned twitter, because I'm pretty sure that IS a place where peoples voices ARE heard.
    A place where people can shout what they want as loud as they want is not automatically tantamount to a place where people's voices are heard.

    If you think that individual professionals in any field are taking excessive heed of what people are saying about them on Twitter, I don't know what to tell you. Particularly when the matter isn't something that can and/or should be changed, like poor customer service or business practices. No, we're not talking about anything relevant like that - we're talking about people being mad about a Pokémon based on ice cream. Mull that over.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    ....This makes no sense. Somebody getting a "free dominoes pizza" door hanger is something they never signed up for, which is why its trash to them. Twitter is something they sign up for, so they CAN communicate with their fans. That IS twitters purpose.(not that I'm denying many celebrities do it for promotional purposes)
    See previous. I guarantee you a thousand times over Ken Sugimori - or Junichi Masuda, or your favorite pro athlete or music star - is not signing into Twitter daily and going "alright, let's see what well-thought out criticisms people have posted for me on this here Twitter today!"

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I'm aware that my job is to respond to criticism and improve upon it.
    You don't design for a seminal video game franchise. I'm not trying to downplay your experience as an artist, but doing fan work simply isn't the same as actually doing paid, professional work for a franchise like Pokémon. It isn't. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    but considering the excellent design of pokemon is what seperates it from other games, it sure as hell can attract a lot more buys.
    You would have an exceedingly difficult time proving this in any tangible sense, i.e. there's no way for someone to say definitively "Generation V would have sold more units if Vanilluxe hadn't been included."

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    As mentioned, he leads the developement team and picks each and every pokemon, I'd say he could change the result quite easily if inclined to.
    He certainly could. But I'll put it to you this way - as an artist, certainly you would agree that simply because something doesn't match your personal artistic sensibilities doesn't inherently make it bad, does it?



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    The only point I had was that there are Pokemon with a faster speed than mewtwo that could possibly take it down. I did not say that the strategy was flawed, or that they're was a counter for it, just that there are combos that can take it down.

    I was barely discussing the new form at that point. I should probably stop before someone comes and ask us to remain on topic.



    I never said that it had to be EV trained, I was only saying that they're are combinations that can take mewtwo down. I completely understand that my logic is somewhat flawed when it comes competitively, but by no means do I mean that any of this means Mewtwo needs a new form. I was just simply proving the point that they're are pokemon faster than mewtwo who could possibly take it down.

    Besides, Mewtwo isn't allowed in Ranked games.
    That's not what this was about. This was about Mewtwo's stats and his matchups to other pokemon who would supposedly be able to take him down. Always compare pokemon on an even platform, anything else is idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    That's not what this was about. This was about Mewtwo's stats and his matchups to other pokemon who would supposedly be able to take him down. Always compare pokemon on an even platform, anything else is idiocy.
    It may have been on your side, but not on mine.

    Mine was solely to prove that they could possibly take him down.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    It may have been on your side, but not on mine.

    Mine was solely to prove that they could possibly take him down.
    With an incredibly slanted scenario like yours maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of The Vale
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Who would spend time making a fugly version of this "New Mewtwo form"???


    Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cueva27 View Post
    Who would spend time making a fugly version of this "New Mewtwo form"???
    Well apparently this 'fugly' version of Mewtwo is real, my friend. :/ Yeah, didn't see it coming either
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    After seeing the official artwork, I kinda like it. :/

  10. #210

    Default

    What I've said elsewhere: They tampered with a classic.

  11. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    What I've said elsewhere: They tampered with a classic.
    What I've said elsewhere: you'll get over it. Let this be the "worst" thing to happen to you today.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #212

    Default

    I like the new form, now that I saw official art of it. The mockups shown this week were pretty terrible.

    Though I imagine the pokemon "fans" on other sites are gonna go nuts over this, calling it uncreative and such (Even though Eggsecute Horsea, Staryu, and Grimer are all uncreative to an extent as well). I don't think it's a big deal, I mean, at least it isn't something godawful like Garbodor or trubbish

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I can go staple a theses on why everything is awful to somebody's door. It doesn't mean they're going to read it.
    That certainly doesn't have to be mutually exclusive from creating things with appeal to the fans, but the mistake is made in assuming that the fans have any say or input on the matter.
    If you honestly believe that the fans have no power over the Pokemon Franchise, you're sadly mistaken. They release and make what is popular, and what further markets the franchise. In order to sell their product, they have to put out what the fans want to see.

    Example from the games:
    Gen 3- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 4- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 5- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 6- Good possibility later.

    Example from the anime:

    Charizard returning to Ash's main team. It has no purpose to be there, when Ash has so many other Pokemon that need to be developed. However, it's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time and the company knows that. How? From listening to the fans. It's fanservice. In conclusion, what the fans like/dislike DOES matter to Pokemon, even if it's usually just because of furthering how much money the company is making.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Battle Frontier isn't in ORAS
    Posts
    6,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    If you honestly believe that the fans have no power over the Pokemon Franchise, you're sadly mistaken. They release and make what is popular, and what further markets the franchise. In order to sell their product, they have to put out what the fans want to see.

    Example from the games:
    Gen 3- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 4- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 5- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 6- Good possibility later.

    Example from the anime:

    Charizard returning to Ash's main team. It has no purpose to be there, when Ash has so many other Pokemon that need to be developed. However, it's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time and the company knows that. How? From listening to the fans. It's fanservice. In conclusion, what the fans like/dislike DOES matter to Pokemon, even if it's usually just because of furthering how much money the company is making.
    Then why hasn't Pidgeot returned yet? Explain master.

    And if they do listen to us, how come no fan art made it to the Pokedex?
    Last edited by Dragalge; 7th April 2013 at 3:51 AM.


  15. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    I gotta say guys, I eat my words.

    After seeing the official art and in-game I actually like the new-mew. I hope it's actually something along the lines of Mewthree than a Mewtwo form. It looks like a halfway point between mew and Mewtwo, sort of like an underdeveloped Mewtwo which would be strange as a form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Then why hasn't Pidgeot returned yet? Explain master.

    And if they do listen to us, how come no fan art made it to the Pokedex?
    Maybe peeps like charizard more which I'm sure more do.

    They probably have a lot of premade designs(old Carracosta pokemon, other stuffs)

    Just guesses obv but why would you not want to cater to your fanbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Then why hasn't Pidgeot returned yet? Explain master.

    And if they do listen to us, how come no fan art made it to the Pokedex?
    1. Pidgeot was never as popular as Charizard. However, it may still make a return. It appeared as Pidgeotto in the Charizard flashback episode, not to mention Primeape, and there are rumors of Butterfree returning as well. Point being, Charizard would've never came back if they didn't pay attention to what the fans like.

    2. Copyright and legal issues.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    FYI, the fans are the reason why Pikachu is Ash's partner. It was originally going to be clearly but they changed it to Pikachu because they saw how popular Pikachu was among fans in Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,052

    Default

    Let's keep the discussion a bit away from the anime and what Pokemon are returning to it if only because it's a different tangent to Mewtwo's new form. =p

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arcanum, Ohio
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Well, someone brought up an idea in the Legendary Speculation thread that this isn't a forme, but a result of breeding Mewtwo to Ditto, similar to Manaphy. It could explain why this form is as small as Mew, and how its a "new pokemon that looks familiar" or whatever this form's catchphrase is.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

    FC: 5129-0492-5213

  21. #221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    If you honestly believe that the fans have no power over the Pokemon Franchise, you're sadly mistaken. They release and make what is popular, and what further markets the franchise. In order to sell their product, they have to put out what the fans want to see.

    Example from the games:
    Gen 3- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 4- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 5- Fire/Fighting Starter
    Gen 6- Good possibility later.

    Example from the anime:

    Charizard returning to Ash's main team. It has no purpose to be there, when Ash has so many other Pokemon that need to be developed. However, it's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time and the company knows that. How? From listening to the fans. It's fanservice. In conclusion, what the fans like/dislike DOES matter to Pokemon, even if it's usually just because of furthering how much money the company is making.
    I was unaware this still needed to be debated. The fans have no say in anything. Sorry.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Now that I look at it's full-body, it doesn't look so bad.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 7th April 2013 at 5:53 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    200

    Default

    The main question I have is that if it is a new Mewtwo forme, how do they plan on explaining it in the anime?
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Underwater cave
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roald View Post
    How do you not realise this is fake.
    Its not fake. It's all over youtube and on tons of different websites. Plus it was in the X and Y game trailer(one of them)

  25. #225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailor sun View Post
    Its not fake. It's all over youtube and on tons of different websites. Plus it was in the X and Y game trailer(one of them)
    You're replying to a post from three days ago. One announcement later, I think he's figured it out, yeah?



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •