Thread: How will the XY anime be done in the USA without being here when games are

Default How will the XY anime be done in the USA without being here when games are

so all the gens has had the anime of it on the tv at least in one way or another. While Gens 3 and 4 took a few months to be on USA tv we did get a few eps aired together Gen 3-Kids WB March 2003 First two eps and DP April 2007. However it seems that is not the case with X and Y due to a world release. Is this really a good move? I know for me I feel more into the games watching the anime rather then just playing the games. Not sure if this will affect sales and stuff. I mean I guess Japan could give the USA X and Y eps early and they pull a 4Kids GX/5D on us and just work on the new stuff skipping like the last few eps of BW but not sure how that would sit with fans. No spoilers please!

The games always come first in priority, so the anime and it's localizations weren't likely something that were brought up right away in the discussion of a worldwide release. It might be weird and awkward, but it seems like the US might just end up getting the usual treatment with the dub months later....meaning in this case months after the games have been out.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

We'll probably get the first couple eps of XY as a preview when the games come out, and then spend the next couple months catching up on BW before actually starting XY. That would be less awkward than holding off entirely until months after the games, but more feasible than doubling their dubbing speed to keep up with Japan.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    We'll probably get the first couple eps of XY as a preview when the games come out, and then spend the next couple months catching up on BW before actually starting XY. That would be less awkward than holding off entirely until months after the games, but more feasible than doubling their dubbing speed to keep up with Japan.
    True that is the best idea. Kinda curious how far the dub is right now. Now airing but actual dubwise as in working on it. Hopefully we can get X and Y anime when Japan does in like a movie format with the first 2/3 eps and we get the full series whenever BW ends.

I personally don't think it really matters much due to how CN treats Pokemon in general. They never advertise it, it's just big name part of their morning block. Still, if nothing else they could just do what AG did on WBkids and preview the first couple of episodes. I doubt they'd give BW the GX/5D treatment but who really knows. The games will still sell because Pokemon games sell themselves and market themselves. HGSS sold itself well with it's commercial's on TV and with trailers on TVs in stores like Gamestop and Best Buy, so Pokemon games are safe. They will be sold. The anime is kinda on it's own on how they'll get the XY anime caught up with the USA.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I could care less, just so long as they don't show the same promo over and over, like what they're doing for each BW season.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx