Thread: Dragon Ball shipping any one?

Default Dragon Ball shipping any one?

I know its an old anime, I'm sure people around here have favorite pairings on this show or support couples. For example, I know VegetaxBulma is the most popular from the series. Wonder how popular YamchaxBulma was back when Dragon Ball was airing? I bet when the Time skip happened in Dragon Ball GokuxBulma got popular, just my guess but than Chichi was a lot better back than so maybe not. I think my favorite was VidelxGohan, we saw how it all started and the cute little hints between them, Bulma even teasing Videl that shes in love with Gohan. Krillinx18 is another favorite of mine, too bad we didn't see much of it but the moments they had in the Buu saga was great. GokuxChichi was adorable back in the Dragon Ball days, my opinion on the couple changed a lot when Z happened though =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I'm not really a fan of pairings for DragonBall Z, honestly. Toriyama didn't do a bad job, I just feel like it's a show where pairings just don't exactly fit, even with the canon pairings. Even then, I tend to stick with the canon pairings, and since it looks like it's mostly just the big three, I don't have any complaints of the sorts. Though Gohan/Videl was pretty cute, I'm just a bit surprised it wasn't alluded to all that much. Then again, Toriyama said romance isn't his strongest point, so I can't blame him. But it's canon (right, my memory's kinda blurry on it), so whatever.

My favorite is probably Krillin/Android 18. Poor guy went through a lot, but he at least didn't give up pursuing her. I just wonder how it went, honestly, even though we never do see how Vegeta and Bulma ended up together either. Chi-Chi and Goku's wedding was anime-only, and even though Chi-Chi's not that great of a character, she loves her family enough she hasn't given up on them, even if her husband keeps leaving to do his thing. I kinda pity the poor woman.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

To be perfectly honest,I ship Goku x Bulma. It should have happened, but alas Toriyama doesn't like love and does not know how to properly write romance. And though they didn't get together, I still believe that there's more than friendship between them. They've been friends forever, she was Goku's first human friend in fact. She;'s the first human being besides his Granfather that he ever saw. She also greatly changed his world. Plus, she wouldn't have minded Gohan training. I think Goku/ Bulma would have had a stronger relationship than he and ChiChi, but their definitely would have been more turmoil and emotion because they've known each other for sooo long, I feel like there would be more emotion involved in Goku's decisions, which is probably why Akira avoided it because he struggled with romance haha, and Goku and Bulma would call for it at least a little bit. Their child would have been perfection, intelligent with an incredible talent for battle.

Other ones that I sort of like are Vegeta/18 because of how "unphased" both are about situations. They could get along just fine. Train, sit quietly, and screw like it's nobodies business.

Lastly, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and throw in ChiChi/Krillin as he is pretty much everything Chi-Chi wanted Goku to be. Not into the spotlight, kind, reasonably smart, willing to work, family man, and brave yet sensible.