Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wale ga Nai

Default Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wale ga Nai

Kyousuke Kousaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn't gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyousuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever.

One day, however, Kyousuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Merle, which had fallen into the entranceway of his house. To Kyousuke's surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imouto to Koishiyo! Kyousuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case by bringing up the topic of magical girl anime at the family dinner table. All that comes out is a strong negative reaction from his parents, especially his anti-otaku policeman father.

That night, Kirino bursts into Kyousuke's room and, in perhaps the first conversation she has initiated with him in years, says they "have things to talk about." Kirino brings Kyousuke to her room and shows him an extensive collection of moe anime and lolicon bishoujo games she has been collecting in secret.

Just a couple of days left before season 2 kicks off, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the more popular series this season, so I figured it deserves its own thread.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Well, considering they intend to cover the rest of the novels until the end, I'd imagine it'd be more popular because of it being longer.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

It's confirmed 16 episodes, which isn't really that long.

EDIT: God damn that typo in the title is going to do my head in.... Stupid k being so close to l.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 4th April 2013 at 11:55 PM.
    My Anime List

Guaranteed to be the BEST show of the 2013 Spring season.

I'm not too excited for this one. When I watched the first show I didn't like it that much. I don't think it's a bad series or anything I just remember not enjoying it nearly as much as most other people.

That said, this second season has a chance to totally take me off-guard and by surprise. I also think I might skim through the first season again, as kind of a recap. Maybe I'll like it better? Who knows.

Anyone here got any tips on how I should prepare my body for this?

Also Kuroneko > Kirino

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Anyone here got any tips on how I should prepare my body for this?
        Spoiler:- With this:
    My Anime List

16 episodes is a bit weird if they try to cover everything till the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- With this:
        Spoiler:- ::

Huh. 16 episodes? Figured it'd at least be 25. Now I'm not sure what to expect. Hopefully it's not too rushed, though I foresee a bit of source material being chopped out.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

AIC Build did cover 6 LNs worth of material in 15 episodes, going off the true end, and not the anime original end they originally went with. So, considering there are another 6 LNs to go, it could fit well into just 16 episodes, assuming A-1 go with a similar pace to AIC in the first season.
    My Anime List

Is it that good of a series? You guys are all giving it good reviews but..To me, I just can't get behind brotherxsister romance plus the main female character annoyed me the first episode.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Yes it is. Also why is Stardust Witch Meruru not an anime yet? Goku can't even destroy the planet that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    To me, I just can't get behind brotherxsister romance
    But there is no brother x sister romance. The series does the total opposite of what one would expect from this type of series. Kyosuke's just trying to be a good older brother.

It took me this long to realize Kyosuke's got the same voice as Tomoya Okazaki. .____.

Anyways episode 1 was... an episode. Stupid bullcrap interruption before Kuroneko got to say whatever she was gonna say. No reason he couldn't have just asked her after Sena left. But wait! He chickened out the next day.

Their dad keeps reminding me of how much I miss Kaiji and its awesome narrator.

Even though I loved the first season, I was surprisingly hyped about this coming in to it, and I thought the first episode was great, but then I love Kirino so of course I'm going to love an episode that is 90% Kirino screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It took me this long to realize Kyosuke's got the same voice as Tomoya Okazaki. .____.
    OreImo has got a pretty nice main cast with Nakamura Yuuichi, Taketatsu Ayane and Hanazawa Kana.

Anyways episode 1 was... an episode. Stupid bullcrap interruption before Kuroneko got to say whatever she was gonna say. No reason he couldn't have just asked her after Sena left. But wait! He chickened out the next day.
    They'll get around to that soon.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Even though I loved the first season, I was surprisingly hyped about this coming in to it, and I thought the first episode was great, but then I love Kirino so of course I'm going to love an episode that is 90% Kirino screen time.
    This is probably why I didn't like the first season that much. Kirino. Can't stand her. I also have a sister who's self-centered and unreasonable so whenever Kirino does something along those lines (which is really friggin' often) the back of my mind is like "Hey! Remember all your deep-seated resentment towards your sister?" So in my case it's a personal reason.

I don't like Kirino much but in this case it isn't too much of a bad thing. Most little sisters in anime are annoyingly overbearing. Kirino is a nice change to that.

Show needs more Kuroneko though.

Show needs more Kuroneko though.
    Don't worry, it will.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I just can't get behind brotherxsister romance
    You know, I don't even like this series, and I know that that's Blatantly Not True re: its content. Doing research might help.

Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised if certain people tried to play that up.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Also Kuroneko > Kirino
    Anything in the world > Kirino
    So glad the soundtrack is the same, it is one of my favourites, especially track 4 (plays just after kirino has finished watching the trailer on the screen)
        Spoiler:- games I want:

Click the banner to check out my semi-regularly updated chiptune filled soundcloud.

I love Kirino so much

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    I love Kirino so much
    Who doesn't?

Kirino is the epitome of everything and anything a good imouto aspires to be and achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Who doesn't?

Kirino is the epitome of everything and anything a good imouto aspires to be and achieve.
    You're joking right? This is a joke?

I don't even get why people like Kirino, she is one of the most annoying characters out there. I mean sure, I don't like tsundere characters in the first place, but Kirino is just down right infuriating.
        Spoiler:- games I want:

Click the banner to check out my semi-regularly updated chiptune filled soundcloud.

Weird gag episode to follow up the opener. Many facepalms were had.

Couldn't help but feel like most of the scenes with Kyosuke and Ayase were just the same joke over and over again. Though Manami (or Madami)'s scenes were great.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast