View Poll Results: Are you participating?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. (MAKE SURE TO FILL UP THE REGISTRATION FORM FOUND BELOW!!!)

    23 74.19%
  • Maybe.

    2 6.45%
  • No.

    6 19.35%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 251 to 267 of 267

Thread: 2013 International Challenge - April (Official Play! Pokémon Wi-Fi Tournament)

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London, England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Well my best rank yet in one of these things, still pretty poor though lol. Ranked 2518, 1538 points, 14 wins and 8 losses.

    Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Rankings are released!
    I'm ranked 526 with 1643 rating.
    Damn it I would've been just above you had I not gone on that losing streak lol.
    Instead I finished 1195th with 1585 rating.
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    would have finished 3rd in USA... these people should get therapy for anger control... its JUST A GAME!!!

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Unova...
    Posts
    950

    Default

    So...I just realized that Earth Day was last week. Which makes me want to kick myself, because if I had known that ahead of time, I would have entered with a Ground monotype Sandstorm team to reference it (y'know, Ground-type as in earth...yeah...).

    Maybe for the next tourney I can pull out the Ground monotypes? Maybe then I'll actually have a chance. XD
    Current fanfics:


    Proving Grounds

    How far will one boy go to prove something?

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Well it's about time! I ranked 523 with 28 wins and 12 losses. I'm glad they counted that one win I had, because that player tried to disconnect as the game was saving data. I have to say, not bad for my first competition. Now I just have to make a few adjustments to my team in preparation for the next one!

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Got a rating of 1583 pts. and a ranking of 1235 with 20 wins and 11 losses. My team was Weavile, Kingdra, Jolteon, Scizor, Politoed, Breloom. I think I could have got a higher ranking if I played more matches. I might have to play 70+ matches to get a ranking under 200.
    Last edited by Ristor; 26th April 2013 at 2:18 AM.
    Pokemon 3DS FC: 0044-3542-1738
    Ground Safari: Phanphy, Gastrodon, and Marowak

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoshinX03 View Post
    Well it's about time! I ranked 523 with 28 wins and 12 losses. I'm glad they counted that one win I had, because that player tried to disconnect as the game was saving data. I have to say, not bad for my first competition. Now I just have to make a few adjustments to my team in preparation for the next one!
    about time...?
    before it took them like 1 to 2 weeks. this is great...
    it would be greater if i was ranked because my score was 1853... but you can't ask for everything... -_-

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    about time...?
    before it took them like 1 to 2 weeks. this is great...
    it would be greater if i was ranked because my score was 1853... but you can't ask for everything... -_-
    We get it, joej m. You didn't rank because the server was being stupid again and putting up D/Cs against you when you didn't do it on purpose.There's no need to go on about it.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    about time...?
    before it took them like 1 to 2 weeks. this is great...
    Well then, that is an improvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    We get it, joej m. You didn't rank because the server was being stupid again and putting up D/Cs against you when you didn't do it on purpose.There's no need to go on about it.
    Actually, I can't say that I blame him. I mean, I personally would be livid, especially after ranking anywhere near the 1900's. I just hope they really work on that for X and Y.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    I got ranked? O.o... even though I had like 7 DCs in only 11 battles? 3242 out of 10164 isn't horrible, but my last tournament was far better
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    539

    Default

    well i got ranked 164, not too bad i guess...





  12. #262
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Hey joej / joltik I've got another potential team change I want you guys to look at / comment on.

    So T-tar, Ex and Ludiculo are now my 3 definite starters.
    Landorus has always served me really well but has tended to be a bit fragile against Ice Beam.
    Wobbuffet didn't get much use but did secure a couple of vital wins.
    Kingdra was in for rain team countering but now Luduculo has taken that niche.

    So I'm thinking Kingdra is coming out to be replaced by the new Intimidate Scrafty I'm in the process of breeding. My theory is he will give me Fighting cover to deal with those annoying Normal Types / other Scrafty etc. Ice Punch will help with Dragon types and could allow me to drop Landorus.
    Wobbuffet has his uses and I'm tempted to keep him in over Landorus, but either way one of them is being replaced by Uxie. My psychic tank served me well in previous tournaments and I'm seriously considering putting him back in for a number of reasons.
    a) Psychic attack for dealing with fighting types, that also reduces another of Landorus's uses on my team.
    b) Trick Room. Now I'm putting Scrafty in I can either utilise Trick Room myself or as I previously used it to counter opposing Trick Room.
    c) Imprison stops opposition using Trick Room and Protect which makes it a lot easier to hit them

    So what do you guys think? Wob or Landorus to stay in? I'm leaning with Wob which would give me the following team.

    T-Tar / Ex - Sand Rush
    Scrafty / Uxie - Trick Room
    Lucidulo - Rain Counter
    Wobbuffet - Sheer annoyance, trapping mon once I've a) changed weather, b) set up Trick Room / Imprisoned
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Next to my wife...
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Damn it I would've been just above you had I not gone on that losing streak lol.
    Instead I finished 1195th with 1585 rating.
    Dont feel bad I had a horrible losing streak trying for 1700 and fell from 1674 to end up at 1645 with a rank of 621. Real pissed at that. t-tar and Breloom help out loads with slow TR teams. If I can just play when im not distracted i'll be ok. But that has always been my problem
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Hey joej / joltik I've got another potential team change I want you guys to look at / comment on.

    So T-tar, Ex and Ludiculo are now my 3 definite starters.
    Landorus has always served me really well but has tended to be a bit fragile against Ice Beam.
    Wobbuffet didn't get much use but did secure a couple of vital wins.
    Kingdra was in for rain team countering but now Luduculo has taken that niche.

    So I'm thinking Kingdra is coming out to be replaced by the new Intimidate Scrafty I'm in the process of breeding. My theory is he will give me Fighting cover to deal with those annoying Normal Types / other Scrafty etc. Ice Punch will help with Dragon types and could allow me to drop Landorus.
    Wobbuffet has his uses and I'm tempted to keep him in over Landorus, but either way one of them is being replaced by Uxie. My psychic tank served me well in previous tournaments and I'm seriously considering putting him back in for a number of reasons.
    a) Psychic attack for dealing with fighting types, that also reduces another of Landorus's uses on my team.
    b) Trick Room. Now I'm putting Scrafty in I can either utilise Trick Room myself or as I previously used it to counter opposing Trick Room.
    c) Imprison stops opposition using Trick Room and Protect which makes it a lot easier to hit them

    So what do you guys think? Wob or Landorus to stay in? I'm leaning with Wob which would give me the following team.

    T-Tar / Ex - Sand Rush
    Scrafty / Uxie - Trick Room
    Lucidulo - Rain Counter
    Wobbuffet - Sheer annoyance, trapping mon once I've a) changed weather, b) set up Trick Room / Imprisoned
    I use a defensive Scrafty myself, so I relied more on Fake Out, Drain Punch, Crunch, and Detect... but I did consider the offensive capabilities if I used Trick Room again. One thing with Scrafty, despite the Attack drop with Intimidate, it still takes a chunk of damage from the common Fighting Gem Hitmontop. Now I'm not saying not to use it, just be a bit cautious. Because of that, I'd lean more on using Wobbuffet for that trapping.

    Interesting choice in Uxie... Cresselia or Reuniclus are normally the go to Pokemon, even Chandelure on occasion. I'd say let testing figure that one out, because otherwise it's a pretty interesting team. On that note, have you considered making Excadrill a Sand Force Pokemon because of TR?

    Next tournament is a Single battle with only Unova Pokedex Pokemon being eligible though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I use a defensive Scrafty myself, so I relied more on Fake Out, Drain Punch, Crunch, and Detect... but I did consider the offensive capabilities if I used Trick Room again. One thing with Scrafty, despite the Attack drop with Intimidate, it still takes a chunk of damage from the common Fighting Gem Hitmontop. Now I'm not saying not to use it, just be a bit cautious. Because of that, I'd lean more on using Wobbuffet for that trapping.

    Interesting choice in Uxie... Cresselia or Reuniclus are normally the go to Pokemon, even Chandelure on occasion. I'd say let testing figure that one out, because otherwise it's a pretty interesting team. On that note, have you considered making Excadrill a Sand Force Pokemon because of TR?


    Next tournament is a Single battle with only Unova Pokedex Pokemon being eligible though

    Yeah that's why I was thinking Uxie over some of the others, it's got good bulk and would give me a powerful psychic to hit Top's hard to protect Scrafty. Plus Fake out, Wob switching etc could make it a non issue.
    I didn't consider Sand Force on Ex because if the team selection screen results in me going Trick Room / Scrafty etc then Ex won't be in the 4, he'll only be coming out for battles that my Sand team would have the advantage in.
    I just missed out on registration for the Japan Cup which is annoying as I was going to test on there, couldn't get Scrafty EV'd and levelled in time
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Yeah that's why I was thinking Uxie over some of the others, it's got good bulk and would give me a powerful psychic to hit Top's hard to protect Scrafty. Plus Fake out, Wob switching etc could make it a non issue.
    I didn't consider Sand Force on Ex because if the team selection screen results in me going Trick Room / Scrafty etc then Ex won't be in the 4, he'll only be coming out for battles that my Sand team would have the advantage in.
    I just missed out on registration for the Japan Cup which is annoying as I was going to test on there, couldn't get Scrafty EV'd and levelled in time
    Cresselia has better bulk from my knowledge, but they again, Uxie is the same thing in the end I guess. Another note on Scrafty, it will not outspeed other Fake Out users though.
    Just thought I'd make a mention of Sand Force because having 3 different strategies at once isn't the easiest play style.

    I know I'm just one person, but I'm normally available if your ever in need of practice.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Thanks Joltik, much appreciated.

    Should've also said choosing Uxie over Cress due to Imprison. Let's me shut Trick Room, Protect and Psychic down if I want to. When I'm playing the Sand game Uxie can switch in for T-tar take whatever was gonna hit and imprison trick roomer's while Ex speeds them to destruction.
    Yeah I know Scrafty is the slowest Fake Out user so that's why it'd be about prediction, switching in to get the intimidate bonus while keeping my At up after they've used their fake out etc.
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •