Thread: magnagate dungeons

Default magnagate dungeons

Talk about the dungeons you discover!

I've found Joyous Barrens and Unknown Volcano. Both were 3 stars. I got a lot of TMs from Joyous Barrens.

Some things I've observed regarding magnagates are:

1. The completion rewards for a given dungeon will be identical each time you repeat it, so if you get one with some nice rewards, save it so you can keep repeating it for more.

2. The only things that are fixed about magnagate dungeons are their names and their setting. Everything else, such as Pokemon selection, length, and difficulty is random, so just because you get a dungeon with the same name doesn't mean it'll be the same experience.

3. The larger the object you're scanning is, the more likely it is that you'll be to be placed in a difficult dungeon. If you see those golden rings forming on the object before you activate the gate, then you're good.

The only really noteworthy dungeons I've encountered so far are the Eternal Ruins, Seasound Ruins, Hoarfrost Tower, and Turbulent Tor, which respectively had Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyurem, and Black Kyurem as the end bosses instead of standard Pokemon.

I went in twice, first time was Joyous Beach (3 stars), and second was Joyous Shores (4 stars). I was playing as Servine, and my partner was Pignite, and on the second dungeon, Dewott joined us, though we dropped in a monster house and lost him on the first floor.

Luckily, I found a bunch of Reviver Seeds on both runs, which I needed for the main story (I'm on my way to meet Kyurem and the Bittercold)
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8