Thread: Balanced Rain Team (OU) Please Rate!

Default Balanced Rain Team (OU) Please Rate!

My first attempt at a Rain team, looking for any and all feedback that can make this team better. Thank you for taking the time to read!

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Perish Song
    - Encore

Politoed is a necessity on all OU rain teams. I chose to run a scarfed set as my team lacked a scarfer and although less destructive than the choice specs set it still works, allowing me to outspeed a number of threats. Hydro pump is essential as it is STAB + Rain Boosted and will hurt anything that doesn't resist it bar Blissey and Chansey. Ice Beam allows me to take on dragons while perish song let's me beat baton pass teams. Enore allows me to beat adamant Gyarados as I can lock it into a useless move and proceed to setup with Breloom. It also let's me handle sub/cm Jirachi.. The EV spread is simple, max Sp Atk and speed allow me to hit as fast and hard as possible. The remaining 4 EV's are put into hp to give me a little extra bulk. A Timid nature is used to help me ouspeed adamant max speed 80`s including Dragonite and Mamoswine.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower

Thick fat mamoswine is brilliant - in rain, he actually has a fire RESISTANCE. This guy brings much needed priority, and a lightning immunity that is an absolute godsend. His dual STABs are amazing, helping to deal with dragons and my nemesis Gliscor. Superpower is mostly for opposing Mamoswine, but can help with Ferro too. Life Orb adds a nice boost to his power too, allowing me to hit very hard.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball
    - Volt Switch
    - Spikes

Forretress provides me rapid spin support and allows me to take on stall teams more effectively. Rapid spin is to remove hazard and Gyro ball is a stab move that hits hard thanks to my low speed, It also helps take on Mamoswine and Tyranitar, something that people suggested was troublesome. Volt switch is for scouting and to deal a good chunk to Gyarados while spikes are there to provide residual damage. 248 hp give me a lot of bulk while 180 def make me an insane physical wall. 80 Spdef EV's give me decent special bulk. A relaxed nature is used for more physical defense

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp Def
    Careful Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power Fire/ Hidden Power Ice
    - Gyro Ball

This pokemon is one hell of a tank in the rain with no weakness due to the removal of it’s fire weakness. It has an excellent Psychic / Steel typing, as well as great 67 / 116 / 116 defensive stats which provide it great utility for this team. EV’s are set up to provide bulk and balance. It can set up rain in the face of other weather inducers providing momentum gains for my team. I can’t decide between Hidden power ice and fire. I’m leaning towards fire as I have no other fire attacks, worried about all the Scizor and Ferrothon running around these days.

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Thunder

Not sure if I should be using scarf or specs?
    Anyway this is meant to punch holes in opposing teams. Draco Meteor destroys just about everything including a clean 2HKOs 248 HP Scizor after Stealth Rock. Even bulky Steel-types such as Skarmory and Forretress don't stand a chance of surviving two Draco Meteors. Rain Enhanced Surf takes down any Steel-type in OU except for Ferrothorn and Jirachi, 2HKOes any Tyranitar bar the specially defensive variant, making it a very safe move to use when Steel-types are healthy. Psyshock gets STAB and gives Latios a way to get past Blissey and Chansey, easily 2HKOing the first while having a decent chance (30.47%) to 2HKO the latter after Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage. It also allows Latios to OHKO Keldeo regardless of how many Calm Mind boosts it has accumulated. Finally Thunder is there to spam against opposing Rain Teams as well as flyers, Amazing when rain is up.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch

Breloom is easily the best late game sweeper on this team. Spore allows me to incapacitate a pokemon temporarily while I setup swords dances. Bullet Seed is insanely powerful with technician while mach punch gives me priority and has the same power as Scizor's bullet punch. Mach Punch can even OHKO pokemon that resist it. 252 Atk and speed Ev's are for hitting as hard and as fast as possible while the remaining 4 Evs are thrown into hp for more bulk. An adamant Nature is used to hit as hard as possible. Life Orb gives me a huge boost in my attacks which allows me to gain a few OHKO's.

Thank you for reading, any ideas or suggestions to improve this team would be appreciated!

Team seems pretty solid, I won't have much to say here.

Politoed is a necessity on all OU rain teams.
    Lies.... Damp Rock + Swift Swim is perfectly usable... (Sorry, just had to point this out haha, being a SS user myself)

I don't like Forretress, but Ferrothorn can't spin so I can't really suggest that over it. I dunno, Forry just wasn't ever more than setup bait for me.

Not sure if I should be using scarf or specs?
    You've got priority in Mamoswine and Breloom, so I don't really think you need another revenge-killer. I'd stick with Specs here.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

First off, thank you for taking the time and offering your insights and suggestions, much appreciated!
    Only one question if thats okay, Which hidden Power is more useful on Bronzong for this team?
    Bronzong can sponge dragon attacks and return some damage with Hidden power Ice
    Bronzong is also useful against Ferrothorn and Scizor attacks with Hidden power Fire
    Which is more useful for this team?

I lied, one more question, should I replace Leftovers on Bronzong with a damp rock to ensure longer periods of rain?

I think this is a pretty solid team but, in my opinion you could put Hydration Vaporeon, because it wouldn't be stalled and could heal your pokemons with Wish and can be used to stall some threats like Gliscor if it has Ice Beam
    Friend code Y:2320 7216 6241
    Friend Safari: Psychic , Espurr and

Spoiler:- Banner:

HP Ice. HP Fire will do nothing in rain as it is absolutely weak when coming from your Bronzong with no EV investment or STAB. Basically a 35 BP move that will do very little to Ferrothorn and not much to Scizor and Forry.

i have a little advice.

encore and perish song with a choice scarf politoed seems very weird but i'll take your word that it works. i think you could use focus blast somewhere there though. use full defense evs on forretress since right now you are sacrificing good physical bulk for a little special bulk that may not matter much. also use full special defense evs on bronzong. this will give you one physical defensive steel and one special defensive, which can work good together. also use hidden power ice since hidden power fire is weak in rain and hidden power ice can help with dragons and landorus, which is dangerous in ou. one more thing, i dont think thunder is helping much with latios because the only pokemon in ou that can resist draco meteor and surf is ferrothorn and thunder does not help with that. maybe you can use trick to ruin ferrothorn's strategy and maybe beat other walls and stallers.
    it's not that i have bad grammar, it's just that the shift keys on my laptop don't always work, so it's easier to just not capitalize stuff. sorry if that makes my posts hard to read.

Yeah, after looking over the team again, Toed will need Focus Blast to smash Ferrothorn who otherwise walls the set completely. Perish Song and Encore have it's merits and depends on what you really want. Since you don't really have a setup sweeper that can really take advantage of Encore, I'd recommend Perish Song to mess with BP Chains and stat boosters that can hurt the team like SubCM Jirachi and such.

I really dislike that fortetress I dunno why, I think spikes is redundant as you have no spin blocker. However if you need a spinner try one of the rain dish, spinners like blastoise or tenta.

Also on bronzong max out attack, and as lower speed as possible and have a sort of stand alone trick room sweeper. However if that going to be the case try out slowbro, max out special attack, life orb, trick room, fire blast, surf, psyschock, regenarator. I don't know calcutions but fire blast will hurt. You also don't need need to worry about synergy as it would be a stand alone mon
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

Also looking for female dream world moxie heracross and a miltank message me I have many dream world pokemon

I don't know calcutions but fire blast will hurt.
    Er, in Rain resisted Surf is going to hit harder than neutral Fire Blast.... I really think his Bronzong is fine if it runs HP Ice, since it also screws with the other 4 inducers. 5 if you're counting Snover but who uses Snover in OU?
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis