Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Eh. Win at least two out of three from the Jays and hope the Nats help the Tigs out. That's really the best you can hope for. KC and Minny are playing each other, so whatever.
    The Yankees helped last night against Cleveland, Hanfer normally killed the Tigers, but he destroyed his old team this time. Too early for me to care though about our rivals winning or losing, just gotta focus on the team itself and continue taking the series from now on.

On a side note: Not really upset about the lost Sunday other then the fact that we couldn't get a single run in, but hey, Sabathia normally dominates the Tigers till the Post Season.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I honestly didn't care, either. The Tigers already won two out of three, and it was just one of those days where the other team's ace was better than our own. It happens.

If the offense continues to behave like that against the Jays, I'll be a little worried, but otherwise, it isn't a big deal.

I consider the Minasota series a bust, it's difficult to start on the road and it's even more difficult to play in cold weather, so that explained their poor offensive (at least to me). Coming home proved they're the team that paper claimed they would be.

So yeah, I doubt they're repeat what they did Sunday, it's as you said, their Ace was just better then our own. Though to Verlander's credit, 3 runs is not difficult for this team to overcome when they make contact with the ball. The bull pen is what really needs to get it's act together, Downs, Smyly, and Benoit can't take on opposing teams everyday. I give Al some credit though, he's normally better then what he appeared to be on Saturday. Sure he's still wild, but he got us out of plenty of jams in the past.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Game 2 against the Brewers tonight. I'm hoping it doesn't get rained out.

Also I've heard something about the Cubs possibly relocating to a suburb of Chicago with a brand new stadium, however I'm hoping that doesn't happen until they at least win 1 world series at Wrigley Field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post

Also I've heard something about the Cubs possibly relocating to a suburb of Chicago with a brand new stadium, however I'm hoping that doesn't happen until they at least win 1 world series at Wrigley Field.
    Knowing the curse... that won't happen for a long long time

Just noise. Ignore it and speak not of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Knowing the curse... that won't happen for a long long time
    Curses don't exist. It's crap for people who like to sell t-shirts and believe in dribble like that.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Curses don't exist. It's crap for people who like to sell t-shirts and believe in dribble like that.
    All in good fun XD But the Tiger's Ace is truly superstitious. Gotta eat that Taco Bell everyday he starts

The mayor of Rosemont has offered some land for a new stadium.. but from what it sounds like, Ricketts isn't interested. He wants to see the Cubs win the World Series at Wrigley (and so does everyone else).

The thing is, there's been a lot of conversation going on about renovating Wrigley, but it's a slow conversation.
    The Cubs have contracts with the rooftop owners and the neighborhood of Wrigleyville. In 2004, a deal was made so the rooftop owners could maintain their unobstructed view in exchange for a percentage of their profit. Now Ricketts wants to install a jumbotron that would obstruct their view and break that contract. He also wants more night games, which upsets many of the businesses and residents of the area. Parking is a nightmare during games, there isn't just one huge lot for everyone to use.. I'm 1.5 miles North of the field and there's special parking restrictions for night games even in my neighborhood.

I guess my rambling point is, there's a lot involved but it seems like everyone is determined to keep the Cubs at Wrigley for a while longer.

Congrats to Torii Hunter for getting his 2000th hit

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I guess my rambling point is, there's a lot involved but it seems like everyone is determined to keep the Cubs at Wrigley for a while longer.
    Yes. This is the reality of the matter. Rosemont is a bargaining tool for the Cubs and little else.

-----
    Words to|live by

So Weaver got injured... well, there's another series with the Angels where the Tigers don't get to face off against him :P

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Just noise. Ignore it and speak not of it again.

Hey, the cubs curse serves another purpose too. It gives us sox fans something laugh at all the time.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Laughing at an idiotic superstition perpetuated by people of roughly equal intelligence in order to sell t-shirts sounds about that speed, absolutely.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Hey, the cubs curse serves another purpose too. It gives us sox fans something laugh at all the time.
    Except for the fact that the Cubs tend to take at least 2 games from you guys...last year was great XD

Blegh. And tonight only confirmed what we already know. The Tigers bullpen is a dumpster fire.

I have been trying to figure out what pitcher to give up for Paul Maholm. I've been bouncing between Hiroki Kuroda, Jason Hammel, and Ryan Vogelsong. I am in a 10-team league, and took Mike Trout 1st overall.
    I was leaning towards dropping Vogelsong.

Also, I just about every closer is taken in my league. I have Bobby Parnell and Huston Street. I'm dropping David Robertson in favor of Mitchell Boggs (Jason Motte's replacement). I have to wait for my waiver to get Boggs.

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

Blegh. And tonight only confirmed what we already know. The Tigers bullpen is a dumpster fire.
    This was all on Villarreal and Leland for leaving him in. Otherwise the Bullpens decent outside of Coke who can't decide if he wants to pitch well or bad. Can't really get mad at Dotel, he threw the strike that he had to, just the other guy hit the ball well. Rick once again got screwed (by Villarreal again no less) after once again pitching a decent game. The Rain Delay and long 5th inning gave him too much time on his hands.

Still, were only 8 games in right now...don't hit that panic button until the 40 game mark if they're under .500 again.

I'm not hitting the panic button at all, it's just from what I've seen, Drew Smyly and Darin Downs are the only two good BP guys we've got.

And if Villarreal isn't on the hot seat, then he should be. Send him down to Toledo and bring up someone else if he has one more bad outing.

I'm not hitting the panic button at all, it's just from what I've seen, Drew Smyly and Darin Downs are the only two good BP guys we've got.

And if Villarreal isn't on the hot seat, then he should be. Send him down to Toledo and bring up someone else if he has one more bad outing.
    What about Benoit or Al... we just gonna forgive Smyly for his outing in Minnesota? Those two aren't the only Bullpen guys that can be reliable. Sure Al was a little shaky in the New York series, but he couldn't get a grip on his Slider. Heck Phil's be decent enough imo, the blown save would have happened eventually and it wasn't entirely his fault. Dotel yesterday (after the inherited runners) was pretty good. So I believe our weakest link really is Villarreal, he hasn't had a single good outing in three appearances.

I say send him down immediately, no use destroying his confidence in one last attempt (which happened to a few players last year)

EDIT: Calling it, yesterday was a fluke...we easily swept this overrated Jays team
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 11th April 2013 at 8:14 PM.

Careful. The Tigers won their division last year after getting off to a slow start, and we're what? 9 games in? I wouldn't call the Jays overrated.

Careful. The Tigers won their division last year after getting off to a slow start, and we're what? 9 games in? I wouldn't call the Jays overrated.
    Why not, almost all of Baseball is...but fair enough. Just a remainder though, we were never in last place last year (unless I was looking at the standings wrong). I guess Royals are gonna be the bigger opponents this year then what they made Cleveland out to be

On a side note: It's great to see Peralta and Avila getting back into 2011 form. On the other hand, Dirks better not have been a one season wonder, at least V-Mart has a good reason for starting slow.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 11th April 2013 at 8:53 PM.

I'll be honest. I pay more attention to football and basketball but I do pull for the Tigers since I am a Michigander so I always want them to do good. I do remember last time when the Tigers started off slow, but ended up having a great season.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I'll be honest. I pay more attention to football and basketball but I do pull for the Tigers since I am a Michigander so I always want them to do good. I do remember last time when the Tigers started off slow, but ended up having a great season.
    Pistons have been on a collapse for a few years now, so really could careless about Basketball outside of College this year. Football is definitely something at times though, you wanna root for the Lions, but they just never seem to get it together...maybe this year will be a little better? Baseball though, it's always been a highlight since 06 and the team has always found ways to improve. This year is definitely no didn't, well, they need to solve the bullpen issue, but that's only for when they don't have a slug feast like they did today

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Pistons have been on a collapse for a few years now, so really could careless about Basketball outside of College this year. Football is definitely something at times though, you wanna root for the Lions, but they just never seem to get it together...maybe this year will be a little better? Baseball though, it's always been a highlight since 06 and the team has always found ways to improve. This year is definitely no didn't, well, they need to solve the bullpen issue, but that's only for when they don't have a slug feast like they did today
    I'm actually a Chicago Bulls fan. As a kid I grew up watching Michael Jordan and ever since then I have been a Bulls fan, and still watch them to this day. I do follow the Pistons, I always wish for them to do good, but like you said they haven't been good the last few years. I remember when the Pistons won it all in 2004, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince. That team was awesome!

And of course I follow Michigan hoops. I have been a fan for many, many years. I keep up with Michigan Baseball, Basketball AND College Football!

I agree with you on the Tigers. If they can solve the bullpen issue I think they will be fine, as for the Lions....It's hard to tell how they will do. They made it to the playoffs finally, then took a step back last season.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Padres Dodgers brawl made me laugh, i am a Padres fan, but I'm also realistic, .500 would be a great season for this squad, with the west coast Yankees (Dodgers) and the team who has won 2 of the last 3 World Series, NL West is a tough division, but hey, at least they aren't the Marlins

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast