Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

What happened with that Padres-Dodgers brawl anyway? I just heard about it.

I'll say that I do think the Pistons will be fine eventually, and the Lions will probably be better next season, since it doesn't take that much of a stretch of the imagination to see them as a .500 team (plus, they had a ton of injuries), and I'm a firm believer in the Law of Averages, though I don't see them returning to the playoffs yet, because the NFC is way too strong. But this isn't the thread to discuss those sports.

Anyway, Tigs head out west to play the red-hot Oakland A's next. Not looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    What happened with that Padres-Dodgers brawl anyway? I just heard about it.
    Take it away, Vin:

http://atmlb.com/112cRSj

The Quentin HBP came after Jason Marquis threw over Kemp's head earlier in the game. Third time in their careers that Greinke has beaned Quentin. Quentin, Kemp, Hairston were ejected, Greinke left the game with an injury following the brawl, later confirmed to be a broken collarbone.

Kemp and Quentin reportedly went at it in the players' parking lot afterward. Kemp supposedly told Quentin "we'll see, *****" as he walked out of the stadium.

Quentin's Wikipedia page:

And finally, someone on the Padres bench was unsure of what to do as his teammates sprinted from the dugout

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Anyway, Tigs head out west to play the red-hot Oakland A's next. Not looking forward to this.
    I'm not really either....because of the times the game comes on XD

Trust me, with Scherzer, Verlander, and Sanchez pitching this series, the Tigers are bound to at least take 1 if not 2
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Take it away, Vin:

http://atmlb.com/112cRSj

The Quentin HBP came after Jason Marquis threw over Kemp's head earlier in the game. Third time in their careers that Greinke has beaned Quentin. Quentin, Kemp, Hairston were ejected, Greinke left the game with an injury following the brawl, later confirmed to be a broken collarbone.

Kemp and Quentin reportedly went at it in the players' parking lot afterward. Kemp supposedly told Quentin "we'll see, *****" as he walked out of the stadium.

Quentin's Wikipedia page:

And finally, someone on the Padres bench was unsure of what to do as his teammates sprinted from the dugout
    lol Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm not really either....because of the times the game comes on XD

Trust me, with Scherzer, Verlander, and Sanchez pitching this series, the Tigers are bound to at least take 1 if not 2
    Yeah, I hate West Coast road trips. I'm glad this is the only one they've got this year.

Oh, I know they won't get swept by the A's. The A's haven't even played anyone good yet (except for the slumping Angels). Just, I don't know. I don't feel good about this series.

Yeah, I hate West Coast road trips. I'm glad this is the only one they've got this year.

Oh, I know they won't get swept by the A's. The A's haven't even played anyone good yet (except for the slumping Angels). Just, I don't know. I don't feel good about this series.
    The old saying "Its not who you play but when you play them" really doesn't seem to looking in the Tigers favor right now...at least with this series. Then again, the Mariners seemed to have their number last year (Tigers play them next)

But I see it two ways, if the Tiger bats were getting it done in the cold, then it should be just as easy in the warmth of the West.

EDIT: Man oh man did the Tigers get screwed on that should be HR by Santiago. Of coarse then Jim sends in the slumping Villarreal, so that's a lost we didn't deserve. That error by Scherzer was really the key to their defeat today other then the lack of clutch hitting.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 13th April 2013 at 8:16 AM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Well, that series went better than expected, to say the least. Can't believe the A's only got three hits in that last game! Also, when did Josh Reddick grow that insane beard? My goodness, he looks like a caveman.

Next up are the Tiger Killing Seattle Mariners. Fortunately, the Royals are playing the 11-1 (!) Atlanta Braves next.

It's official: the atlanta braves are off to yet another good start after sweeping the nationals (yes, you heard me right, the 93 wins last year nationals). Yes, it's only 1/16th of the way into the season, but if they keep up this "pace", they'll hit 150wins, and surely be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs...
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Well, that series went better than expected, to say the least. Can't believe the A's only got three hits in that last game! Also, when did Josh Reddick grow that insane beard? My goodness, he looks like a caveman.

Next up are the Tiger Killing Seattle Mariners. Fortunately, the Royals are playing the 11-1 (!) Atlanta Braves next.
    I think every team but the A's think that guy looks ridiculous... It did go better for us though due to some unfortunate injuries to Crisp and Cespedes. Even then though, those two did't make much of a difference in Game 1.

Anyway, this next series is the one I'm sorta worried about because the Mariners always do play us rough. I wish we weren't gonna skip Porcello's outing, because now we don't have Verlander going for the Angels game...though Sanchez is dealing right now

This has turned into a tigers board :P

Anyways, I don't have much to talk about when it comes to my team right now

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    This has turned into a tigers board :P

Anyways, I don't have much to talk about when it comes to my team right now
    I thought Tampa would have a good season this year...things are going rough I see though. Didn't help that you guys got robbed against Texas

I thought Tampa would have a good season this year...things are going rough I see though. Didn't help that you guys got robbed against Texas
    To be fair, tampa lost james shields to free agency (who, based on how well he's doing in kansas city, was clearly not a 'fluke'). The fact that david price has been horrible as well has sorta left them 'ace-less', which is ironic due to the fact that the same could be said about the jays, yankees, and red socks.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    To be fair, tampa lost james shields to free agency (who, based on how well he's doing in kansas city, was clearly not a 'fluke'). The fact that david price has been horrible as well has sorta left them 'ace-less', which is ironic due to the fact that the same could be said about the jays, yankees, and red socks.
    I wouldn't say Shields is doing fantastic for the Royals (he lost his only long outing so far; 1-2), but yeah, Prices collapse wasn't something people saw coming
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 15th April 2013 at 5:50 AM.

Yeah, I didn't see any of that coming, either. I saw Tampa as having one of the best rotations in baseball (not much offense, though), and with weakened Yankees and Red Sox teams, I thought they'd win the AL East. I also thought the O's were a fluke last year, seeing how many wins they had in extra innings (then again, that may be me thinking in terms of hockey, where winning a ton of games in overtime can get a team into the playoffs; see: 2012 Florida Panthers), and I thought all those trades the Jays made wouldn't make that much of an impact.

In retrospect, all of this was probably rather stupid.

That said, I don't hate Tampa, and I hope they recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    To be fair, tampa lost james shields to free agency (who, based on how well he's doing in kansas city, was clearly not a 'fluke')
    They traded him, specifically for a gifted offensive player who should be up once his arbitration clock makes it more feasible.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yeah, I didn't see any of that coming, either. I saw Tampa as having one of the best rotations in baseball (not much offense, though), and with weakened Yankees and Red Sox teams, I thought they'd win the AL East. I also thought the O's were a fluke last year, seeing how many wins they had in extra innings (then again, that may be me thinking in terms of hockey, where winning a ton of games in overtime can get a team into the playoffs; see: 2012 Florida Panthers), and I thought all those trades the Jays made wouldn't make that much of an impact.

In retrospect, all of this was probably rather stupid.

That said, I don't hate Tampa, and I hope they recover.
    I don't think the Yankees are too bad this year, I mean anything is an improvement over A-Rod to them, though when Jeter, Granderson, and Teixeira return, it'll really make them a lot better. Red Sox's I think are actually better this year, coarse they could just be over achieving right now. As for the O's, I didn't find them any different then the A's, but I do think there quite a bit more talented. Jay's...what can I say, they were projected to do better then how they're starting, doesn't really help their leads out for a few months now either.

But yeah back to Tampa, they've got my respect in the East and even though I hate them with a passion, I always respect the Yankees as players. Not sure who I care for in the West, probably the Mariners due to how underrated they seem to be every year and thanks to them, the Tigers got Fister (the Angels get honorable mention, they gave up Hunter). I have to say the Royals are a more respectable rival to the Tigers, but I still like the classic White Sox vs Tigers match ups The Twins are decent, but Cleveland fans get pretty dang cocky

In even better news, the Yankees are rebounding so crazy New York fans can get out of their panic rooms.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Joltik, what reason does a tigers fan have to hate the Rays? just curious.

BCVM, yeah I know about Wil Myers' arbitration clock situation. I just hope he is as advertised when he gets here. This offense desperately needs a shot in the arm. Our pitching isn't doing bad, its just that you only need about 3 runs to beat this team.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 15th April 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Joltik, what reason does a tigers fan have to hate the Rays? just curious.
    I don't hate them at all, are you asking why people would hate them, cause they don't have any reason to be hated? Like I said, they're basically my favorite East team because they have/or will have down the line, Solid Pitching. The only time I don't root for them is when they play the Tigers. I'm just surprised at their slow start considering I thought they'd be a contender right out the gate.

I don't hate them at all, are you asking why people would hate them, cause they don't have any reason to be hated? Like I said, they're basically my favorite East team because they have/or will have down the line, Solid Pitching. The only time I don't root for them is when they play the Tigers. I'm just surprised at their slow start considering I thought they'd be a contender right out the gate.
    You said they have your respect although you hate them with a passion. Or did you mean the Yankees?

You said they have your respect although you hate them with a passion. Or did you mean the Yankees?
    Yeah the Yankees, I respect that they're good, but I still hate them

Oddly enough I "hate" the yankees too, in addition to the phillies. Both teams are seemingly mirroring eachother right now (both have older pitching rotations that are falling apart right now).

The Yankees are picking themselves right back up in these last five or so games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The Yankees are picking themselves right back up in these last five or so games.
    We heard you 5 posts ago. <_<
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 16th April 2013 at 2:02 PM.

We heard you 5 posts ago. <_<
    And I was replying to the guy who said the Yankees' pitching was falling apart. I mean, it's not that hard to read the above posts right? You seem to read mine just fine after all.

Because five games makes ALL the difference. Especially with an old pitching staff. Much too early for either yankee haters or lovers to get excited.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 16th April 2013 at 11:26 PM.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast