Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1372

Thread: MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Because five games makes ALL the difference. Especially with an old pitching staff. Much too early for either yankee haters or lovers to get excited.
    I said they were picking up. What are you talking about?

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Rays now officially have their worst start in team history. Well done boys.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Rays now officially have their worst start in team history. Well done boys.
    It can't be any worse than the Cubs XDD

    Anyways whenever I get to actually watch a Cubs game on tv this season, they have been interesting, especially the 9th innings. They just fell short of tying the game in the 9th inning last night against the Rangers and lost 4-2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    It can't be any worse than the Cubs XDD

    Anyways whenever I get to actually watch a Cubs game on tv this season, they have been interesting, especially the 9th innings. They just fell short of tying the game in the 9th inning last night against the Rangers and lost 4-2.
    Such is the life of a Cubs fan I suppose *shrugs*

    In other news, guess the Royals ended the Braves win streak...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Very proud of my Atlanta Braves, despite breaking their ten game winning streak today. I believe this is the second best start in team history. I've got my fingers crossed for a World Series this year. Hopefully they don't lay another egg in the playoffs.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    I don't know why the Mariners give the Tigers fits, but I guess that's just how unpredictable Baseball is.

    On that note, Prince has fallen from grace this week 8 Ks in 10 ABs I believe
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Very proud of my Atlanta Braves, despite breaking their ten game winning streak today. I believe this is the second best start in team history. I've got my fingers crossed for a World Series this year. Hopefully they don't lay another egg in the playoffs.
    The guy who ended the streak is no slouch. I miss Wade Davis....

    Hopefully Wil Myers makes me forget him

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    The most awkward Tigers win I should have never stayed up for... 21Ks, 0-11 with RISP, and yet they still got the W. Thank Heavens Justin is on the mound tomorrow. Feel bad yet again for Scherzer....twice he's pitched amazing and twice he's had to take a no decision. On that note, the Bull Pen proved their worth tonight
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    The sox have beat the blue jays two in a row and can salvage the terrible start to the road trip if they could take three of four and get back to .500.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The sox have beat the blue jays two in a row and can salvage the terrible start to the road trip if they could take three of four and get back to .500.
    Considering the Twins seem to have found something and that the Indians smoked them just a week ago, that's easier said then done.

    Makes me glad the Tigers got the Angels tomorrow with their hottest pitcher taking the opener.

    EDIT: It's a mystery on why the Tigers have sucked against Seattle's bullpen, it's not like their guys are hurling 100 MPH fastballs :/
    If JV loses today it's all on the offense for deciding to call it quits. At least they won the series
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 19th April 2013 at 12:15 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Down go the tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Down go the tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Still took the series ^_^ which is all you really need to do
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Still took the series ^_^ which is all you really need to do
    I'm just kidding. :P

    Just poking at what seems to have become the official thread of the Tigers

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I'm just kidding. :P

    Just poking at what seems to have become the official thread of the Tigers
    Well I'm sorry that I'm proactive when it comes to baseball XD

    Honestly though, two years ago I honestly wouldn't have care, but something just dinged inside my head. Bring on the Angels
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,595

    Default

    I was surprised the Cubs game wasn't rained out, I was afraid it would be given the awful weather we've been getting. Roads were closed and one of the train lines was flooded from all the rain, so the city was a mess. That being said, glad we finally got a W in there.. even if we are in the basement.



  16. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    433

    Default

    And Atlanta wins again. It somewhat makes up for yesterday's loss. Looks like the Yankees game is going down to the wire.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Craig Kimbrel is insane!
    0.44 in 21 games, then 2.10 and 1.01 for his first full seasons.
    Right now, 0.00 in 7 games (7 saves so far).
    Last year he had a 0.65 whip and has a 0.60 so far this year. He also has 15+ Ks per 9 innings.
    If his career remains like this, he might be the greatest closer to ever live.


    Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Craig Kimbrel is insane!
    0.44 in 21 games, then 2.10 and 1.01 for his first full seasons.
    Right now, 0.00 in 7 games (7 saves so far).
    Last year he had a 0.65 whip and has a 0.60 so far this year. He also has 15+ Ks per 9 innings.
    If his career remains like this, he might be the greatest closer to ever live.
    One can only hope.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    The Braves look to be some pretty stiff competition... should be an awesome series against my home team Tigers next week
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Welp, it's official. The LA Angels are the new Seattle Mariners to the Tigers. Play like crap against the other 28 teams, but play like the best team in baseball against the Tigers.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Welp, it's official. The LA Angels are the new Seattle Mariners to the Tigers. Play like crap against the other 28 teams, but play like the best team in baseball against the Tigers.
    Its not like the angels aren't a talented team. They are just off to a slow start

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Watching the braves play right now. Really hoping they don't endure a second loss in a row. Maholm was doing great till that last inning.
    Got my copy of X!

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Welp, it's official. The LA Angels are the new Seattle Mariners to the Tigers. Play like crap against the other 28 teams, but play like the best team in baseball against the Tigers.
    History in their park has never been kind to use... even Verlander got curb stomped there last year :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    Watching the braves play right now. Really hoping they don't endure a second loss in a row. Maholm was doing great till that last inning.
    Oh come on. Its a 162 game season. I'd bet on the any team losing 2 games or more in a row at some point. Likely multiple times

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Well, the jays lost their 2nd straight game to the yankees. Oddly enough former blue jays players are 12 for 20 with 5hr in the series so far.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •