Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Toronto is starting to mirror the los angeles lakers a bit. Both were considered godly after making a bunch of moves (the blue jays acquiring reyes, johnson, buerhle, and dickey, wheras the lakers gained nash, howard, "ron artest", and gasol), and both have had huge chemistry issues. I honestly see the blue jays imitating the lakers scenario (cutting it close to missing the playoffs, before being murdered by a better team).

Speaking of "odd things happening in sports", the rockies and diamondbacks are tied for first in the nl-west. With the giants and dodgers both being in that division, am I the only one shocked by this?
    Nope. baseball has a way of the unexpected happening. Look at the Royals right now too.

Its early but they are off to great starts

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Nope. baseball has a way of the unexpected happening. Look at the Royals right now too.

Its early but they are off to great starts
    Heck look at the Angels again... three known good players yet their starting exactly the same way they did last year. Unlike last year though, there's no one in their farm system to bring up to inspire them. It's all up to them (the team) to decide whether to get back on track or play inconsistently the rest of the season.

Other then the current Ump issue, nothing great all of baseball related to report
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Is there any kind of oversight committee or accountability control for umps in MLB?
    Ostensibly umpire performance is reviewed during and after games, but any reprimands, criticisms or consequences are done behind closed doors.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

and umpires are so protected by their union that nothing really ever changes in regards to ump conduct

Topic of discussion: In your opinion, what team do you currently think is the best in the majors? I'd say there is a very strong case for the Cardinals. Even though the Red Sox have a better record, looking at the schedules I think the Cardinals have had a much tougher schedule so far (no Astros or Blue Jays series).

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Heck, I think you could make an argument for the Tigers, but I don't think they are. Top five, maybe, but not the best.

By that logic, then I'd say yeah. The Cardinals. Not only that, but I looked at their schedule. They've won all of their series so far, except for the first one against the D-Backs (a .500 team, so it's not that bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Heck, I think you could make an argument for the Tigers, but I don't think they are. Top five, maybe, but not the best.

By that logic, then I'd say yeah. The Cardinals. Not only that, but I looked at their schedule. They've won all of their series so far, except for the first one against the D-Backs (a .500 team, so it's not that bad).
    They actually lost the second series to the Pirates.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I'm sorta surprised the horrible season the Angels are having again, I knew there rotation was average if not mediocre at best and that their bullpen wasn't much better, but I thought their offense would have been then what it's showing. So I give them the most under-performing team in the league.

As for the Cardinals, yeah, I'll say they've got the ball roll'in right now
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm rather fed up with David Price this season.

I don't know what his malfunction is, but he needs to get over it. Now.

I'm rather fed up with David Price this season.

I don't know what his malfunction is, but he needs to get over it. Now.
    It does seem odd...

Yikes, just gave up a Grand Slam. Rockies are good this year though

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It does seem odd...

Yikes, just gave up a Grand Slam. Rockies are good this year though
    No excuse for the supposed ace of the staff. He has been downright BAD this season. Rays continue to spin their wheels trying to get back to 500.

No excuse for the supposed ace of the staff. He has been downright BAD this season. Rays continue to spin their wheels trying to get back to 500.
    Maybe winning Cy Young went to his head... Yeah definitely a headcase given his history

Maybe winning Cy Young went to his head... Yeah definitely a headcase given his history
    History? He's never had a stretch of his career where he was this bad or known for melting down except for maybe the start of his career. Even then it wasn't this bad. He's almost a sure loss this season.

History? He's never had a stretch of his career where he was this bad or known for melting down except for maybe the start of his career. Even then it wasn't this bad. He's almost a sure loss this season.
    That's what I'm saying, history says he's better then this. The only time he had a losing season was in 2011, and even then 12-13 isn't too bad

Re: Umpire v. Price

They get fined for stuff and nothing else happens. No one cares anymore. The end.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Re: Umpire v. Price

They get fined for stuff and nothing else happens. No one cares anymore. The end.
    Its too bad. Umpires will just keep up with their antics. Many of them have made themselves bigger than the game, and thats a problem.

Anyone see the current MLB power rankings? To be honest, I shocked they put the Yankees over Baltimore. No offense, but I think the O's are more impressive right now

Anyone see the current MLB power rankings? To be honest, I shocked they put the Yankees over Baltimore. No offense, but I think the O's are more impressive right now
    Don't know. Baseball pretty much sucks for me right now I'm kind of taking a short break from the Rays. I'm sick of the shoddy play and I need I breather before I pull my hair out.

Don't know. Baseball pretty much sucks for me right now I'm kind of taking a short break from the Rays. I'm sick of the shoddy play and I need I breather before I pull my hair out.
    I'd say it's early, but that's what Angel's fans revert to in order to delude themselves into thinking they can somehow make that horrible start up. But the Rays are a different team, maybe the team can get it going down the stretch.

BTW, heard about the J.A Happ thing today during Tampa's game... hope he'll be okay.

I'd say it's early, but that's what Angel's fans revert to in order to delude themselves into thinking they can somehow make that horrible start up. But the Rays are a different team, maybe the team can get it going down the stretch.

BTW, heard about the J.A Happ thing today during Tampa's game... hope he'll be okay.
    Me too.

As for the Rays, they won't turn it around and will finish the year hovering around 500 at best. Thats my opinion as a fan. You just cannot win many games when you have pitching that constantly blows leads. 14 of our 17 losses we have blown a lead in this season.

Me too.

As for the Rays, they won't turn it around and will finish the year hovering around 500 at best. Thats my opinion as a fan. You just cannot win many games when you have pitching that constantly blows leads. 14 of our 17 losses we have blown a lead in this season.
    I think I read somewhere that he was still moving, so that's a good sign at least.

Tigers were suffering from that early, but it seems like that was only because of the lack of a closer. Anyway, not gonna make this about them. Blowing leads, sounds like a lot like the Angels, silver lining (and I know it's not the greatest) is at least the Rays aren't getting paid insane amounts of money like Las Angeles . If not this year though, maybe next year could get better? (Probably something you don't wanna hear either)

Latest Happ update as of a few hours ago was that he was awake, responsive and going for a CAT scan.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I think I read somewhere that he was still moving, so that's a good sign at least.

Tigers were suffering from that early, but it seems like that was only because of the lack of a closer. Anyway, not gonna make this about them. Blowing leads, sounds like a lot like the Angels, silver lining (and I know it's not the greatest) is at least the Rays aren't getting paid insane amounts of money like Las Angeles . If not this year though, maybe next year could get better? (Probably something you don't wanna hear either)
    Yeah, didn't really want to hear that :P But the writing on the wall is getting clearer with every game right now. Still excited to see what Wil Myers can do when and if we call him up this season

Yeah, didn't really want to hear that :P But the writing on the wall is getting clearer with every game right now. Still excited to see what Wil Myers can do when and if we call him up this season
    Yeah, there's always that whole improve for the future thing ^^;

The umpiring crew from this Jays series is the epitome of incompetence

Blowing calls all over the place, the two most egregious last night and tonight: Last night, they call Sean Rodriguez out when he clearly was safely home. There even was a handprint on the plate to show where he caught the tip. cost the rays a run. Maddon got ejected for arguing.

Tonight,: Bonafacio hits a dribbler and is thrown out, but the wimp puts on an incredible acting show of hoping around pretending it hit his foot. The replay clearly shows it wasn't close. all the umps bought the acting job. Maddon got ejected here too.

In a nutshell: Screw the "human element" get us an expanded replay for things like this.

Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast