Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    To this day... instant replay should have been added the minute after Galarraga got robbed of his perfect game :P
    Yup. But umps are getting the instant replay wrong now, then making up the excuse "We have a different feed"

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Yup. But umps are getting the instant replay wrong now, then making up the excuse "We have a different feed"
    Yeah, sad day when the only instant replay (Home Run) is somehow getting used wrong :/

EDIT: Another case of poor officiating, the Astros just got away with switching a pitcher before he even threw a pitch to a batter. Rule states that's only possible if the pitcher gets injured. Angels playing the game under protest, but since they were losing and are horrendous with RISP, the call likely won't make it through.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 10th May 2013 at 5:05 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Yeah, sad day when the only instant replay (Home Run) is somehow getting used wrong :/

EDIT: Another case of poor officiating, the Astros just got away with switching a pitcher before he even threw a pitch to a batter. Rule states that's only possible if the pitcher gets injured. Angels playing the game under protest, but since they were losing and are horrendous with RISP, the call likely won't make it through.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

heres the article. So umps don't know the rules of the game now? Can they go ONE night without a screw up?

For those of you baying for umpire blood:

Umpire Fieldin Culbreth, the crew chief in Thursday night’s game between the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park in Houston, has received a two-game suspension and a fine for the misapplication of Official Baseball Rule 3.05(b) in the top of the seventh inning, Major League Baseball announced today.

The other members of Culbreth’s crew – Brian O’Nora, Bill Welke and Adrian Johnson – have received fines stemming from the same sequence of events.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rk7n3u

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Speaking of the umpire ruling, this makes me think of that one Braves game where the Braves runner (forgot who) ran from third and was obviously tagged out...but the home base umpire ruled the runner "safe" anyway and the player scored the game-winning run in the 18th or 19th (or whatever inning it was). I do know for a fact the game ended at 3am or 4am, however. The day after, the umpire admitted to making a very costly mistake saying it was his "dumbest mistake" or something.

(I vaguely remember this...though I'm sure this is a year ago or two...I don't really remember much details about this game anymore.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Speaking of the umpire ruling, this makes me think of that one Braves game where the Braves runner (forgot who) ran from third and was obviously tagged out...but the home base umpire ruled the runner "safe" anyway and the player scored the game-winning run in the 18th or 19th (or whatever inning it was). I do know for a fact the game ended at 3am or 4am, however. The day after, the umpire admitted to making a very costly mistake saying it was his "dumbest mistake" or something.

(I vaguely remember this...though I'm sure this is a year ago or two...I don't really remember much details about this game anymore.)
    Julio Lugo, with Proctor hitting in the 19th inning against Daniel McCutchen. The home plate umpire was Jerry Meals. McKenry tagged Lugo, who gave himself up on the play even, and Meals called him safe, and told McKenry he made the right call. McKenry simply responded by saying you will feel awful when you watch the tape. Add onto that that Meals strike zone was all over the place that night, with guys who never walked anyone walking batters all night, and a guy who walked 13 times in 240+ ABs that year walking twice in that game in 9 plate appearances. Meals was just a mess that entire game.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I can't comprehend what's going on with my halos.

First off, you have one of the highest payrolls in baseball. You have an offense that should easily score 10 runs per game and some great defensive players in the field too. Naming them, they have a dynamic OF, Trout, Bourjos, and Hamilton are all great defensive players. The infield is solid and the only real ? is Callaspo. And Ianetta is fine behind the plate but before long I can see Conger being a far superior hitter; just needs to work on the arm.

My question is why the hell would you waste so much money on Pujols one year.. then HAMILTON the next... and never signing a decent pitcher without the last name Wilson. You traded away all the depth before in Saunders, tragic Adenhart, and then you let 2 of your best pitchers go, Santana and Haren. So now you have Weaver - Wilson - ? - ? - ? and those would be filled by Tommy Hanson (innings eater with lots of potential but as a 25 year old has an 85 mph FASTBALL), Vargas (sucks balls) and Joe frickin blanton (Why the fock)

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    I can't comprehend what's going on with my halos.

First off, you have one of the highest payrolls in baseball. You have an offense that should easily score 10 runs per game and some great defensive players in the field too. Naming them, they have a dynamic OF, Trout, Bourjos, and Hamilton are all great defensive players. The infield is solid and the only real ? is Callaspo. And Ianetta is fine behind the plate but before long I can see Conger being a far superior hitter; just needs to work on the arm.

My question is why the hell would you waste so much money on Pujols one year.. then HAMILTON the next... and never signing a decent pitcher without the last name Wilson. You traded away all the depth before in Saunders, tragic Adenhart, and then you let 2 of your best pitchers go, Santana and Haren. So now you have Weaver - Wilson - ? - ? - ? and those would be filled by Tommy Hanson (innings eater with lots of potential but as a 25 year old has an 85 mph FASTBALL), Vargas (sucks balls) and Joe frickin blanton (Why the fock)
    Wilson...you hit the mark, decent at best. What ended up screwing your home team was not getting Greinke back after basically blowing out the farm system. Hamilton is a headcase of a batter and he's been slumping ever since last All-Star Game. Mind it they'll still end up winning games, but it's almost impossible to make the post season being at 13-22 at 35 games into the season. Losing Torii was also pretty damaging, as the guys presence alone speaks numbers (I should know, I get to watch him almost every game; Tigers fan) But yeah, Arte pushing for such big and long contracts wasn't doing the team many favors
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Losing Torii was also pretty damaging, as the guys presence alone speaks numbers (I should know, I get to watch him almost every game; Tigers fan)
    Losing Torii Hunter is not why the Angels are struggling as they are. It's not even in the top five reasons.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    So now you have Weaver - Wilson - ? - ? - ? and those would be filled by Tommy Hanson (innings eater with lots of potential but as a 25 year old has an 85 mph FASTBALL), Vargas (sucks balls) and Joe frickin blanton (Why the fock)

There you go. Angels tore up their farm system and became a bad version of the Yankees. Big names and big money doesn't necessarily=good team

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Losing Torii Hunter is not why the Angels are struggling as they are. It's not even in the top five reasons.
    And how so? They lost a good two hole guy... Trout only recently has been getting a bit more consistent in that slot. And Hamilton in Right Field only makes the basic plays, he's not quick to make great outs because he doesn't get good reads on the ball. But fine, make the claim that it's the slumping Pujols and Hamilton, or the injuries, or the horrendous bullpen, or the lack of a reliable starters outside of Weaver (who's velocity was clocked as way down this year) and Wilson when he's not walking everyone, or Trouts sophomore slump.

And how so? They lost a good two hole guy... Trout only recently has been getting a bit more consistent in that slot. And Hamilton in Right Field only makes the basic plays, he's not quick to make great outs because he doesn't get good reads on the ball. But fine, make the claim that it's the slumping Pujols and Hamilton, or the injuries, or the horrendous bullpen, or the lack of a reliable starters outside of Weaver (who's velocity was clocked as way down this year) and Wilson when he's not walking everyone, or Trouts sophomore slump.
    Those reasons are a lot more reasonable than losing Hunter. Blaming the loss of Torii Hunter is like people who blamed the Pirates slump last year on losing Casey McGhee. It is players not performing to expectations, nothing more.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Those reasons are a lot more reasonable than losing Hunter. Blaming the loss of Torii Hunter is like people who blamed the Pirates slump last year on losing Casey McGhee. It is players not performing to expectations, nothing more.

woot21 out dawgs
    Fair enough

Rays are back at 500 on an Evan Longoria walk off. So glad we have that guy locked up.

BTW, I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but the Rays have had the lead in 25 straight games.

Stinking bullpen blowing leads.

Tigers getting horrendous calls tonight...but at the very least it's somewhat consistent both ways (These Umps aren't impressing me at all this year)

Tigers getting horrendous calls tonight...but at the very least it's somewhat consistent both ways (These Umps aren't impressing me at all this year)
    Its worse than I have seen it in a long time. At lest the MLB is actually doing something about one with the suspension.

The more black eyes the umps get the better. Maybe there will be more accountability

I know every team gets away with it... but tonight the 2nd base Ump really did screw the game. 1 out with the Tiger's Rallying, A.Cabrera didn't even have his foot on the 2nd base bag and our guy got called out

and my Rays are over 500 with their 5th win in a row.

The shocker: Since about April 17th we have been the top offensive team in the majors

I might have been wrong in saying KC would be the big obstacle of the AL Central... It seems the Indians are gonna be a pesky bunch that gives us fits again this year. Not gonna lie and say their a bad team, but...they look like a group of mix and match guys that just seem to be over performing right now. Not sure if it will happen this year, but I still think the Tribe will fall off come June

That being said, Tigers seem to love Astros pitching

So, how about those umps in the Pirates-Brewers game tonight? Missed at least two calls, and maybe as many as four, with either one or two runs scoring for the Brewers because of it. Fieldin Culbreth missed 1 to 3 calls, and Bill Welke missed one as well.

woot21 out dawgs

So, how about those umps in the Pirates-Brewers game tonight? Missed at least two calls, and maybe as many as four, with either one or two runs scoring for the Brewers because of it. Fieldin Culbreth missed 1 to 3 calls, and Bill Welke missed one as well.

woot21 out dawgs
    I didn't watch it, but I've already made the call that the Umps somehow got worst from last year and that's pretty sad considering how bad 2012 was. Look at the Rays getting cheated out of a potential comeback against Texas just because the closer was going for I believe his (300th?) save. I know Guardian posted the GIF earlier in the thread (back in April)

I didn't watch it, but I've already made the call that the Umps somehow got worst from last year and that's pretty sad considering how bad 2012 was. Look at the Rays getting cheated out of a potential comeback against Texas just because the closer was going for I believe his (300th?) save. I know Guardian posted the GIF earlier in the thread (back in April)
    The two clearly blown calls where McCutchen getting called out, when the first basemen wasn't on the base and didn't tag him, and a I want to say Gomez stealing third, being clearly out with the tag and being called safe, and then scoring on the next pitch on a dinker. The two questionable ones were a bang-bang play at first where McCutchen was called out, and hard grounder down the line that was called fair, though the only replay I saw (was at the game) was called fair (this happened after the two calls against McCutchen), leading to a RBI double (this and the second the one where the first basemen was off the bag were both argued by Hurdle).

woot21 out dawgs

The two clearly blown calls where McCutchen getting called out, when the first basemen wasn't on the base and didn't tag him, and a I want to say Gomez stealing third, being clearly out with the tag and being called safe, and then scoring on the next pitch on a dinker. The two questionable ones were a bang-bang play at first where McCutchen was called out, and hard grounder down the line that was called fair, though the only replay I saw (was at the game) was called fair (this happened after the two calls against McCutchen), leading to a RBI double (this and the second the one where the first basemen was off the bag were both argued by Hurdle).

woot21 out dawgs
    So McCutchen got robbed badly today from the sound of it... that sucks. This off the base thing is growing more common though nowadays. Every team gets away with it now and then just because it looks like the player might be just close enough...though this is mainly for Second base on potential double plays.

WTF is Culbreth doing umping right now? Isn't he supposed to be suspended?
    and Joltik....who doesn't love Astros pitching??? I think you are underestimating the central too. Even Minny is giving teams issues.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast