Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Default Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Elen vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Since the anime will be airing tomorrow and I read the manga, I thought it would be nice to set up a thread for this.
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 8th April 2013 at 2:20 PM.

Saw the first episode, It was pretty faithful to the manga and the animation and the art is just amazing.

Love the OP and MIKASA
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 7th April 2013 at 1:38 AM.

"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Just saw the first episode and it was so amazing i love the music and the artwork so much im so excited for the next episode

Finished Attack on Titan! I have to say that this a pretty darn good first episode. The animation was top notch just as the trailers promised. I haven't read the manga so I can't vouch for how accurate it is or not. Highly Recommended.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Finished Attack on Titan! I have to say that this a pretty darn good first episode. The animation was top notch just as the trailers promised. I haven't read the manga so I can't vouch for how accurate it is or not. Highly Recommended.
    Like I said on my post, The first episode is very faithful/accurate to the manga so it's great
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 7th April 2013 at 8:04 AM.

How many chapters were used in this episode?
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia View Post
    How many chapters were used in this episode?
    the 1st chapter and half of the 2nd chapter.

Wow that was an intense first episode. I'm definitely going to have a hard time waiting a week for each new episode.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

That OP is amazing. I want to listen to the full version so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    the 1st chapter and half of the 2nd chapter.
    Okay but it's announced it will be 25 episodes, Do you think the manga has enough material for 25 episodes?
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia View Post
    Okay but it's announced it will be 25 episodes, Do you think the manga has enough material for 25 episodes?
    The manga currently has 43 chapters and it's pages are usually 30+ so I think they have enough material.
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 8th April 2013 at 2:02 PM.

Really enjoyed the first episode, could potentially be anime of the season.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Not bad at all. Some sweet visuals - I can already feel the world sucking me in. I do worry, though, that there isn't enough of a range of emotions here. Almost everyone seemed pretty highly strung before the wall was even breached (even though said wall had stood for 100 years), so when the titans broke in, the adrenaline could only be upped so much. Still, I have to wonder how they're going to survive this invasion. I assume they're going to flee, but where to? And how will they be able to avoid the titans outside the city? I guess I'll find out in the next episode!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Those Titans are pretty disturbing. I mean really. Like I said in the other thread, this show lives up to how dark it makes itself seem, and I like that. At least so far, it's only been one episode.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this series. I think I'll wait until episode 2 to give it a try. Just in case the hype dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It's only a matter of time before someone photoshops Nakamura from Aku no Hana into this.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

So for those of you living in North America, looks like FUNimation has it. Glad to know a Toonami run in the near future is distinctly possible, the show looks like it deserves it if it can keep the visuals up.

Teared up thrice at the emotional **** that was being thrown out like candy. This show is great I can feel in in my balls.

(Update)

Just watched ep.2 only teared up once this time. I did however start laughing when I saw this and realized what it looked like. starve.jpg
    Last edited by Nido Knight #034; 14th April 2013 at 4:47 AM.

For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

Well, My only complaint in this episode is that they made older Mikasa too pretty. Where's that cold look of her like in the manga.

But the good thing is that the ED is focused on Mikasa
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 14th April 2013 at 6:47 AM.

so are we going to see the training or will it skip 3 years ? but besides that it was a great episode

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    so are we going to see the training or will it skip 3 years ? but besides that it was a great episode
    My bet's on training, so we can meet new friends and then watch them die horribly later.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    My bet's on training, so we can meet new friends and then watch them die horribly later.
    haha ya as dark as this anime is thats most likely will happen

By the way guys, Only the other half of chapter 2 was used and some scenes were filler like the bread scene

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    By the way guys, Only the other half of chapter 2 was used and some scenes were filler like the bread scene
    I wonder why. I mean there's 10 volumes to adapt right? Why even bother with filler?

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast