Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    'Can titans swim?'
    Why didn't they build a moat instead of a wall, then?

Also, why don't they just invent hot air balloons and fly over the titans?
    Last edited by hawkeye721; 21st November 2013 at 8:39 PM.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    Also, why don't they just invent hot air balloons and fly over the titans?
    "Why don't they just invent"?

Laser guns, Cars, Atom Bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    "Why don't they just invent"?

Laser guns, Cars, Atom Bombs.
    I reckon lightsabers would be more effective then the swords they use, why hasn't someone invented those yet?
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I reckon lightsabers would be more effective then the swords they use, why hasn't someone invented those yet?

"I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

I think I might be the only person in the world that simply can't get into this series. No matter how may of my friends tell me how awesome the series is and how much I "have to read/watch it", I just have no desire to actually sit down and read/watch it.

Even one of my favorite manga reviewers, Y Ruler of Time, whom I generally have the same interest in manga as , couldn't sell me on the series with a positive review of the manga.

Even Team FourStar doing an abridged series of it can't get me to watch it. Them doing Hellsing Ultimate was a major reason for me watching through the actual series which made it one of my favorite series of all time. Yet when they announced Attack on Titan, I just simply had no desire to watch the actual series.
    Last edited by deathseer; 27th November 2013 at 5:17 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I think I might be the only person in the world that simply can't get into this series. No matter how may of my friends tell me how awesome the series is and how much I "have to read/watch it", I just have no desire to actually sit down and read/watch it.

Even one of my favorite manga reviewers, Y Ruler of Time, whom I generally have the same interest in manga as, could sell me on the series with a positive review of the manga.

Even Team FourStar doing an abridged series of it can't get me to watch it. Them doing Hellsing Ultimate was a major reason for me watching through the actual series which made it one of my favorite series of all time. Yet when they announced Attack on Titan, I just simply had no desire to watch the actual series.

So...if you don't have any interest to watch it, why are you here? I mean that in the most non-offensive way possible, I'm just asking; not being a smart aleck
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Just started watching this for the first time a couple of days ago and I'm already on Ep. 23.

It's so incredibly addictive and immersing, but I can't help but feel so desolate after watching it, it just crushes your soul after every episode, there's something quite dehumanized about the whole thing, which arguably is part of its grand appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Just started watching this for the first time a couple of days ago and I'm already on Ep. 23.

It's so incredibly addictive and immersing, but I can't help but feel so desolate after watching it, it just crushes your soul after every episode, there's something quite dehumanized about the whole thing, which arguably is part of its grand appeal.
    Reminds me of that meme...let me see if I can find it.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...3a0fd8fe9c.jpg

This one right here XD I was, and am, a manga reader, so even though I already knew what was going to happen, the anime hit me that much harder.

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Every episode was just so fcking BRUTAL. So much death, gory, gut-wrenching, DEATH.

But that ENDING THOUGH. Nothing was answered, AT ALL. I was left with ALL the questions and then some, not even the LOST Finale did me this wrong wtf.

Every episode was just so fcking BRUTAL. So much death, gory, gut-wrenching, DEATH.

But that ENDING THOUGH. Nothing was answered, AT ALL. I was left with ALL the questions and then some, not even the LOST Finale did me this wrong wtf.
    I'm sure you've already found out that that wasn't how the manga left off on that scene. It's funny and clever to see that scene as a manga reader, but I can understand why that would drive anime only fans crazy.

I just finished this a day ago (I watched more than half the episodes in a day; that's how awesome it was), and I have to say it's one of the best animes I've watched.
    I agree on the death and stuff; I just kept thinking about who was going to die next (none of my favorite characters did, though, so that's alright).

Really entertaining, but I agree on the ending; hope there's more.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I just finished this a day ago (I watched more than half the episodes in a day; that's how awesome it was), and I have to say it's one of the best animes I've watched.
    I agree on the death and stuff; I just kept thinking about who was going to die next (none of my favorite characters did, though, so that's alright).

Really entertaining, but I agree on the ending; hope there's more.
    I've heard they're waiting until the manga concludes before they begin season two. I think it's pretty smart, considering too many animes have pulled things true blue to the manga until there was nothing else to go by, forcing the two to split apart into different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I've heard they're waiting until the manga concludes before they begin season two. I think it's pretty smart, considering too many animes have pulled things true blue to the manga until there was nothing else to go by, forcing the two to split apart into different stories.
    Yeah, that would make the most sense.
    Still, the wait for new episodes is the pain of any anime fan, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I'm sure you've already found out that that wasn't how the manga left off on that scene. It's funny and clever to see that scene as a manga reader, but I can understand why that would drive anime only fans crazy.
    I haven't read the manga at all nor have I spoiled anything, how's it different from the Anime?

PS: Mikasa needs a Titan next season tbh. She'd OBLITERATE.
    PSS: Eren's father HAS to be riding that Colossus.

I haven't read the manga at all nor have I spoiled anything, how's it different from the Anime?

PS: Mikasa needs a Titan next season tbh. She'd OBLITERATE.
    PSS: Eren's father HAS to be riding that Colossus.
    In the manga after Mikasa says, [insert female titan spoiler here], fall, parts of the wall begin to crumble from where the titan had damaged it. Mikasa is shocked to see that thing just staring out, to which the cult leader yells to cover it up.

Yeah, the anime had a huge WTF cliffhanger, so I started reading the manga. That final scene had to be changed.     Spoiler:- ending:

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Ive only seen the first seven episodes, but in the 6th episode some of the titans looked kinda like those sent out to fight them...... Especially the kids grandad........
    Friend code for pokemon X version-2062-9195-3159
    Safari Type: Ghost.......... ( apparently )
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    Please add me, and send me your friend code via message and i shall add you
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)
    Please watch and have a laugh at my very silly mistake!!!

I really am addicted to this anime, along so the tribute game. My favorite character is sadly killed by Damn Female Titan.
    My FEA Family:

I remember I said a long time ago I wasn't going to read the manga but I caved like right before the season ended and I was so mad at the finale. xDD Like I STILL can't bring myself to re-watch it. I'm miffed about some nitpicky things but I just uugh.

I was kind of sad they gave Erwin credit for Armin's plan?? Like I realize the plan didn't work but they seemed to want to put Erwin in the negative light for whatever reason (probably to fill time) and I also felt that because it aired in theaters they kind of upped the fanservice.

I can get why they moved the scene with the titan tho, but I just wonder how they'll patch that up? I hope Season 2 doesn't deviate too much from the manga because there are some scenes I really want to see animated.

I'm sad this scene was taken out:

Spoiler:- click:

And I realize that this scene could have only worked if the titan was seen by the kids but can I just say I'm very sad that we'll likely never get to see a scene like it again?? Like there's not many cute scenes in SNK at all but fhdajga

On a side note, I find the series where the manga is at to be getting a lot darker. Like not in a brutal way but there were scenes in the latest chapter that made my stomach turn. :x And I REALLY think the anime is going to have to censor somethings from it.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Dub cast? Dub cast.

Eren Jaeger: Bryce Papenbrook
    Mikasa Ackerman: Trina Nishimura
    Armin Arlert: Josh Grelle
    Jean Kirschtein: Mike McFarland
    Christa Renz: Bryn Apprill (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency....php?id=126375)
    Annie Leonhart: Lauren Landa (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=70779)
    Reiner Braun: Robert McCollum
    Bertholdt Hoover: David Matranga
    Conny Springer: Clifford Chapin (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency....php?id=122114)
    Sasha Braus: Ashly Burch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH3fZNTKJXA)
    Ymir: Elizabeth Maxwell
    Marco Bodt: Austin Tindle
    Levi: Matthew Mercer
    Erwin Smith: J. Michael Tatum
    Hange Zoe: Jessica Calvello
    Petra Ral: Caitlin Glass
    Dot Pixis: R Bruce Elliott
    Hannes: David Wald

Mike McFarland is directing, and the writers are J. Michael Tatum and Tyson Rinehart. Part 1 of the series (which has a collector's/premium edition available to buy on Funi's site) will be released on June 3rd. I saw the premiere at AB this past weekend (though not the encore on Sunday, which had eps 4 and 5), and it was AMAZING. *_*
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 26th March 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Yeeeesss, I have found my people.
    Up-to-date on both the manga and anime here, SNK's my favorite anime yet. (Though Evangelion came pretty close!)
    Any fans of the A Choice With No Regrets spinoff here?

FUNimation did a pretty good job with the dub cast. I'm glad that they didn't screw up!

Has anyone heard any "rumors" about season 2 yet?
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    FUNimation did a pretty good job with the dub cast. I'm glad that they didn't screw up!

Has anyone heard any "rumors" about season 2 yet?
    It's supposedly coming out in Winter or next year.
    My FEA Family:

Awesome!!!
    But I don't know if I can wait that long !
    Last edited by GhostlyMaiden; 9th April 2014 at 2:37 PM.
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Awesome!!!
    A thing about season 2 compared to the magna is that there isn't enough for a full 26 episode season, unless more magna chapters come out it maybe a shorter season.
    My FEA Family:

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast