Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan)

Quote Originally Posted by (ˇ-ˇ)(o_O) View Post
    Woop, sorry 'bout that. Let me quote.
    Narrator: "I'll exterminate all the Titans" It was Eren's ironclad determination that transformed him into a titan. Regardless, the garrison... (I'm not typing all of it)

That was the part after the ending song.
    That quote is still correct but he can't turn into one any time he wants. It's explained further in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    It was implied that humanity actually lost a lot of their technology due to the Titans nearly driving them to extinction, in addition to losing a vast amount of land and resources by retreating within the walls. We may have gone from the musket to the atomic bomb in under a hundred years, but we had access to vastly more resources, in addition to great minds from people all over the world, and the ability to travel. Imagine if all of the world's population was concentrated in one place, and essentially caged in, unable to leave.

As for expanding the wall... well. There are certain reasons for that which are revealed in the manga, but given the anime hasn't gotten that far, that'd be major spoilers. So, that'll have to wait for another day!

To be fair though, why are we really comparing Evangelion and Attack on Titan? Different series, different settings. And you definitely don't want to apply real world logic to anime, for obvious reasons.
    I've read the manga. I know why expanding the wall isn't as easy as building a mud hut. But, they have books, why hasn't anyone written down the directions to expanding the wall? They are at war, information is the most important asset, and yet they hardly know anything about the enemy and even their immediate surrounding. And yet they carrying on in blissful ignorance.

And I'm not even talking about advanced technology of today or 1940's technology. If we peg their technological capabilities to circa 1800s, we can assume they have access to a lot of resources that would be far more effective to kill the titans than a close range slash of a sword. But lets scratch all of that. They developed the steel that can cut the titans. Why is there only one factory that develops it? Why aren't they researching the wall structure? Those that knew, do they think if people found out what constitutes the wall they are going to abandon it, and do what?

It's true that real life's ability to exchange ideas across the country led to some pretty awesome innovations; however, we know that people within the walls are a cross breed of different nationalities, which meant that they or their immediate ancestors would have brought information with them as they assimilated into the walls and became the last bastion of human civilization. Not to mention as much as cultural exchange fuels innovation, being constant threat of death has a similar effect.

And I'm comparison Titan to Evangelion, because the setting is pretty parallel, i.e. humanity all of a sudden faces the threat of seeming extinction from an seemingly unknown and very powerful enemy. But you could use any invasion type anime and you could see almost instantly why what the humans are doing in Titan is crazy. I also don't know why it is wrong to apply real world logic to anime series. They might have out of proportion eyeballs, but seemingly if we are to identify with them as characters we have to apply and assume some comparable level of reasoning to understand their actions, or else they might as well be cuddle fish.

Well...probably not cuddle fish, they are actually pretty smart and would probably fare better than the humans in this show.

I'm just hoping for a big reveal down the road of a another human outpost somewhere outside that has their stuff in order that comes in and is mind blown by what these people are doing.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

I agree with Cerex and the it is humanity loss for not thinking ahead of time and not thinking of the consequences of their own actions. In a way, they deserved what they got.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

I don't necessarily disagree with that general premise. Of course, given the manga is still ongoing, there's a lot we don't know about the entire story, especially since they've made it readily apparent that there's corruption both in the government and the church that led to humanity being more vulnerable than they should've been by being led astray. So personally I opt to reserve judgment until it completes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    I also don't know why it is wrong to apply real world logic to anime series. They might have out of proportion eyeballs, but seemingly if we are to identify with them as characters we have to apply and assume some comparable level of reasoning to understand their actions, or else they might as well be cuddle fish.
    Because anime logic is more about doing what's most visually appealing, or "looks cool", as opposed to what's the most practical solution. Granted, SnK/AoT doesn't follow quite as many of the Laws of Anime as some other series, but at the end of the day, we all know the 3-D Maneuver Gear is all about the eye candy. And much like many other animes, it goes along with the general theme of the enemy creatures only being able to be killed by bladed weapons.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with that general premise. Of course, given the manga is still ongoing, there's a lot we don't know about the entire story, especially since they've made it readily apparent that there's corruption both in the government and the church that led to humanity being more vulnerable than they should've been by being led astray. So personally I opt to reserve judgment until it completes.

Because anime logic is more about doing what's most visually appealing, or "looks cool", as opposed to what's the most practical solution. Granted, SnK/AoT doesn't follow quite as many of the Laws of Anime as some other series, but at the end of the day, we all know the 3-D Maneuver Gear is all about the eye candy. And much like many other animes, it goes along with the general theme of the enemy creatures only being able to be killed by bladed weapons.
    I agree. There is a lot more going on than what we have been shown so far. Which is the series' main appeal. I like the premise, which is why I keep watching/reading. I just hate how it is being executed, by making easily recognizable bad decisions without any clear explanation why that is the case. Corruption in government and the church is fine justification for a lot of things, but that doesn't explain why there isn't a competent evacuation plan or other weapons, using the same metal (because that is all we have been explicit told is needed).

I get the need for eye candy, but there has to be a balance. Sure, Goku saves up the Spirit Bomb for the very end, when he could have used at the start of the fight, so that he could show off all of his other moves. But at least Goku took a year in the time chamber to train, and not just sit on the couch pretending Cell wasn't outside his window. 3D maneuvering is cool, but we haven't been given any reason to assume that is the most effective and only way to do so. Like hey, why not keep the 3D maneuvering, but give everyone the steel crossbows.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

Oops, I shouldnt have come into this thread if I didn't want to see spoilers. XD I'm surprised there's no rule about spoiler tags in these threads.

I just started watching this series today. Man its good. I hope it continues to live up to the standard of the first few episodes. I really couldn't believe that they just dove right into the concept of Eren witnessing his mom being eaten in the very first episode! q _q I have never read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to. This is all old news to you guys I"m sure, but it really got me strung out. I can't wait to see if the rest of the series is this intense.
    Last edited by cheshireusagi; 28th May 2013 at 9:12 AM.
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireusagi View Post
    Oops, I shouldnt have come into this thread if I didn't want to see spoilers. XD I'm surprised there's no rule about spoiler tags in these threads.

I just started watching this series today. Man its good. I hope it continues to live up to the standard of the first few episodes. I really couldn't believe that they just dove right into the concept of Eren witnessing his mom being eaten in the very first episode! q _q I have never read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to. This is all old news to you guys I"m sure, but it really got me strung out. I can't wait to see if the rest of the series is this intense.
    the rule of spoiler tags only exist for the manga readers who talk about the series past the point the anime is at. if it anime episode airs then u dont have to add spoiler tags

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    the rule of spoiler tags only exist for the manga readers who talk about the series past the point the anime is at. if it anime episode airs then u dont have to add spoiler tags
    Not true, just because something has aired doesn't mean that it's okay to spoil it. There are lots of people who don't know
        Spoiler:- Psycho-Pass:

but just because it aired doesn't mean you can just talk about it willy-nilly.

That said people should use some common sense. I haven't watched the lastest Suisei no Gargantia or the new OreImo so I'm not going to enter those threads because chances are people will be talking about the most recent episodes.

Its okay, I'm not one of those people who's terribly bothered by spoilers. I was really just surprised that people were, like you said, posting spoilers willy nilly. : P
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    when i first heard this like a couple days ago i had no idea they were the cast

Yeah, just stumbled upon that on Tumblr today. They definitely sounded like they had a blast doing it, especially since they weren't taking it too seriously.

Too bad Sasha's voice actor wasn't a part of it, that would've made it even better for me.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

This made me smile so much. They can sing quite well.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

14. Default

Serious or not, the only part they flubbed was the German at the beginning, the rest was actually quite excellent.

Yuuki Kaji is uber adorable, in his natural voice, which isn't too far from his animu voice, too bad he's not cute irL, like Hiro Shimono aka Conny from this show aka Keima from Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai.

they're quite friendly IRL and have radio shows, possibly a variety show together too, not sure though. Here they are http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IkIvWyWog#t=0s toward the 16:30 mark they share a bed(no monkey business though)

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    They can sing quite well.
    Most seiyuu can sing somewhat, they usually all end up on some kind of character song CD or something, especially when in a popular series.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    like Hiro Shimono aka Conny from this show aka Keima from Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai.
    I really enjoy hearing Hiro in just about any anime. His voice is so unique and it's fun to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Most seiyuu can sing somewhat, they usually all end up on some kind of character song CD or something, especially when in a popular series.
    Gimme Sasha's voice singing about potatoes.

" ♪ Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew~ ♪"

Gimme Sasha's voice singing about potatoes.
    Sasha should get her own version of the Aiura OP, just replacing crabs with potatos.

" ♪ Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew~ ♪"
    But does Sasha have a precious?
    My Anime List

Alright i think thats it. this episode i think will be the one to make me cave and just read the manga!

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Alright i think thats it. this episode i think will be the one to make me cave and just read the manga!
    That was Episode 5 for me. The cliffhangers... I couldn't handle them. Not at all.

...And then the manga left off on a cliffhanger. Whyyyy...

Episode 9 was cool... And yeah, Eren's dad did it. I totally called that XD
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

22. Default

Levi is voiced by Ararararararararagi and his skill level rivals Mikasa.

If Mikasa and Levi reproduced, that child would kill every last titan. Shame all she has eyes for is Eren.

If Mikasa and Levi reproduced, that child would kill every last titan.
    I now want this to happen ^-^
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

Levi is voiced by Ararararararararagi and his skill level rivals Mikasa.
    Rivals Mikasa? He is better than Mikasa.
    My Anime List

Am i the only one who thought of naruto summoning when he bit his thumb

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast