Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2da!e2 - Sweet Honey is Filled with Danger!

Oh boy they brought back the pitfall traps. Seems like the TRio will be even more repetitive in DA than I first imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

They're supposed to be funny characters with little depth who do things like this on a regular basis (okay, maybe not as much in BW, but you get what I mean).
    But when they stop being funny to a lot of people, that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Oh boy they brought back the pitfall traps. Seems like the TRio will be even more repetitive in DA than I first imagined.
    You got it. The dub will ensure puns, alliterations, and rhymes are in full swing, too. -_-
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    You got it. The dub will ensure puns, alliterations, and rhymes are in full swing, too. -_-
    In other words the TRio is completely going to sh*t. Such a shame though. BW TRio were some of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    To be fair, we've already seen what serious Team Rocket trio can do too, even when they were they'd still wouldn't win at times. At least this way they can make you laugh, if they have to lose.
    If they're funny, then getting a tooth drilled is funny.

Butler I'm sure you'll be staying tune this season for sure than rightXD
    Nope, already skipping this episode and just about every other one. Might watch Rotom and Jirachi depending on how they shape up as their airdates get closer, but right now I have absolutely no interest in anything else this nostalgia-pandering season has to offer.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    In other words the TRio is completely going to sh*t. Such a shame though. BW TRio were some of my favorite characters.
    I wasn't fond of BW TRio myself, but I don't really hate them, either. They were cool, though. Even if they bored me sometimes, it was a refreshing change of pace.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I wasn't fond of BW TRio myself, but I don't really hate them, either. They were cool, though. Even if they bored me sometimes, it was a refreshing change of pace.
    I'll readily admit that BW TRio wasn't entirely accurate to how Shudo designed them either, but compared to AG/DP they were far more tolerable and still closer to Kanto than anything else was. Not only that, but not having them in every episode doing the exact same thing forced the majority of episodes to come up with more diverse plots instead of just relying on the "COTD has a problem, Team Rocket steals their Pokemon, Ash saves the day" template.

That, and not having them as distractions was one of the good things about the Unova League.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't buy into this argument at all. Sorry. I'd rather them lose with a bit of competence than fail miserably episode after episode getting nothing done for the organization with the same lame jokes and gimmicks. My opinion, of course.
    this is how i feel and it's basically why i enjoyed BW TRio a lot more than their old selves. but after having the TR vs TP retconned out of existence, i'm more than okay with having them back because now i know that what could have become of TR will no longer be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I'll readily admit that BW TRio wasn't entirely accurate to how Shudo designed them either, but compared to AG/DP they were far more tolerable and still closer to Kanto than anything else was. Not only that, but not having them in every episode doing the exact same thing forced the majority of episodes to come up with more diverse plots instead of just relying on the "COTD has a problem, Team Rocket steals their Pokemon, Ash saves the day" template.

That, and not having them as distractions was one of the good things about the Unova League.
    Well the Unova League would've sucked balls if TR was there. Even without TR, the league still downright sucked. Or at least IMHO.

Tbh, TR had a good depth of character before BW. Yes, blasting off gets annoying, but even in DP, the supposedly worst TR series, they still had their good moments. I much prefer old TR to be honest. BW TR is done badly for me. I still didn't enjoy them. At least the old TR gaveme occasional laughs, but their character is too serious now. Their main selling point is that they aren't completely evil antagonists. They actually have a good heart and that's the reason why I'm attached to their old character.

If XY decides to bring old TR back, I'd hope for a blast off every once in awhile, not every single bloody episodes. I understand, it gets frustrating, but I don't think the writers are willing to write off one of the most memorable people in the Pokemon Anime.

And BW TR practically got 0 movie time, which sucked, because they were much more funny in the movie.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Tbh, TR had a good depth of character before BW.
    They were gutted of almost all their character by DP. Seriously, compare any of those episodes to the ones from Kanto that focused on them - like, for example, Holy Matrimony! versus The Treasure is All Mine! - and you'll see that there's no competition. They were characters who actually had good character development (something shocking for this series, even back then) that later became flat collections of gags and practical jokes with almost no actual characterization at all.

Just compare the episodes and see for yourself.

If XY decides to bring old TR back, I'd hope for a blast off every once in awhile, not every single bloody episodes. I understand, it gets frustrating, but I don't think the writers are willing to write off one of the most memorable people in the Pokemon Anime.
    Misty, Brock, May, Dawn, Paul even...

And BW TR practically got 0 movie time, which sucked, because they were much more funny in the movie.
    Maybe that happened because they hadn't served any actual role in a movie since the fifth one anyway.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Well the Unova League would've sucked balls if TR was there. Even without TR, the league still downright sucked. Or at least IMHO.

Tbh, TR had a good depth of character before BW. Yes, blasting off gets annoying, but even in DP, the supposedly worst TR series, they still had their good moments. I much prefer old TR to be honest. BW TR is done badly for me. I still didn't enjoy them. At least the old TR gaveme occasional laughs, but their character is too serious now. Their main selling point is that they aren't completely evil antagonists. They actually have a good heart and that's the reason why I'm attached to their old character.

They're going to be in movie 16.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

They were gutted of almost all their character by DP. Seriously, compare any of those episodes to the ones from Kanto that focused on them - like, for example, Holy Matrimony! versus The Treasure is All Mine! - and you'll see that there's no competition. They were characters who actually had good character development (something shocking for this series, even back then) that later became flat collections of gags and practical jokes with almost no actual characterization at all.

Misty, Brock, May, Dawn, Paul even...

Maybe that happened because they hadn't served any actual role in a movie since the fifth one anyway.
    Exactly, but they still had their moments. Ash got the development he needed in AG and DP in terms of maturity, BW chucked it down the drain. TR and Ash may not have any significant developments, they still had their moments. I'm not trying to convince you that they got development.. Ash, alongside with TR were some of the most brutally treated character in the anime. I'm trying to say that TR was not a completely one-sided character and they had a bit of depth. They were still good at heart, and i don't really like how BW TR seemed to lose that trait.

Uh May, Dawn, Max, Iris, Cilan (will be written off one way or another in the future), Paul etc don't have ancient depths. Misty was written off because they probably wanted to start afresh with AG. Brock being written off was probably to symbolize the 'new start' that BW brings. What I'm saying that TR were the second longest (if I'm not wrong) characters that has been in this show, and they're almost as much as a part of Pokemon as Ash and Pikachu.

Well not serving any actual role was still better to get a voiceless cameo as if they were desperate to try to squeeze TR in (Keldeo).

In the end, it's all your opinion. I may prefer old TR and think the new TR is handled poorly, I still respect the writers incentive to make a change in the show.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 29th April 2013 at 2:15 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Exactly, but they still had their moments. Ash got the development he needed in AG and DP in terms of maturity, BW chucked it down the drain. TR and Ash may not have any significant developments, they still had their moments. I'm not trying to convince you that they got development.. Ash, alongside with TR were some of the most brutally treated character in the anime. I'm trying to say that TR was not a completely one-sided character and they had a bit of depth. They were still good at heart, and i don't really like how BW TR seemed to lose that trait.

Uh May, Dawn, Max, Iris, Cilan (will be written off one way or another in the future), Paul etc don't have ancient depths. Misty was written off because they probably wanted to start afresh with AG. Brock being written off was probably to symbolize the 'new start' that BW brings. What I'm saying that TR were the second longest (if I'm not wrong) characters that has been in this show, and they're almost as much as a part of Pokemon as Ash and Pikachu.

Well not serving any actual role was still better to get a voiceless cameo as if they were desperate to try to squeeze TR in (Keldeo).

In the end, it's all your opinion. I may prefer old TR and think the new TR is handled poorly, I still respect the writers incentive to make a change in the show.
    To be honest, I'm kind of sad. I liked the old Team Rocket trio. They were funny and they easily made me laugh more than once. Being the jokers of the show was their primary role, no ? And now, I'm disapointed. They actually do greatly stuff that evil thieves would do, but it doesn't match with them. For how many years they've made their funny Team Rocket getting blasted off (again) in every episode ? I am part of one who got used to it and I'm partically sad that they are gone. After all, they made my childhood much better (oh I remember the first episode they appeared with Caterpie, Arbok, Koffing...) and now that they are more serious, it's just a big turn over that makes me regret the old anime. Of course they are still blasted off but it's not like before. They aren't screaming it anymore and their funny plans are gone.
    Oh well, maybe they'll bring back the Team Rocket trio that we all know one day..
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Team Rocket aren't funny because the VA don't like serious Team Rocket. That's not the real reason.

Team Rocket return to being funny because the VA don't like serious Team Rocket, the audience also don't like serious TEam Rocket and because Tv ratings are bad by pokemon' standards (apart of the general dropping in TV Tokyo).

(deleted)

Remember that in BW, they technically exist in the 2-partners and in some episodes. In the rest of BW is like they doesn't exist at all.

The problem of Best Wishes in general is that they made the anime like if there were a new protagonist, like nothing happened before it, and they make the anime so different than the people that watch the end of DP in 2010 were out of the anime in many cases after the first 20-40 episodes.

Edit: The problem with Team Rocket is that in 2 weeks many kids who are watching Team Rocket ind out that one of the reason that they like Team Rocket goes out. You can't say to a kid of 8-10 years that Team Rocket are now competent when the kids could have seen a lot of episodes where Team Rocket aren't competent.

Remember that the Team Rocket TRio was never meant to be serious villains, but more like villain of the day and to give humour to the series, not appearing in big missions. This is the function of the evil teams, and if we put Team Rocket in them, the organization as a whole is meant to take seriously. But never the TRio.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 29th April 2013 at 8:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Team Rocket aren't funny because the VA don't like serious Team Rocket. That's not the real reason.

Team Rocket return to being funny because the VA don't like serious Team Rocket, the audience also don't like serious TEam Rocket and because Tv ratings are bad by pokemon' standards (apart of the general dropping in TV Tokyo).

The problem is that in BW Team Rocket is very boring to watch. Do you think that your 8-year old child are going to watch the serioous missions of Team Rocket?

Remember that in BW, they technically exist in the 2-partners and in some episodes. In the rest of BW is like they doesn't exist at all.

The problem of Best Wishes in general is that they made the anime like if there were a new protagonist, like nothing happened before it, and they make the anime so different than the people that watch the end of DP in 2010 were out of the anime in many cases after the first 20-40 episodes.
    So kids only like humorous villains and everything serious is boring? Not buying that.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

The problem is that in BW Team Rocket is very boring to watch. Do you think that your 8-year old child are going to watch the serioous missions of Team Rocket?

If 8 years olds didnt like serious bad guys, then why do they like watching super hero cartoons and movies with serious bad guys?

Named Admiral Sentret

Not sure if serious or trolling.....

I'd have to agree there.

To sum it up:

OS Team Rocket = Bumbling losers who kept on struggling and trying anyway, and with well-rounded, developed personalities.

AG/DP Team Rocket = Idiotic losers who have given up trying and instead revel in their repetitive stupidity, their personalities flattened to exaggerated traits and running jokes.

BW Team Rocket = Exactly what OS Team Rocket had always been striving to be, which AG/DP Team Rocket lost sight of.

THIS is why those of us who love OS Team Rocket much prefer BW Team Rocket to AG/DP Team Rocket.

Actually everyone blames AG for starting that fall in the trio's characterization but it was really Johto that started it. That's when the boss fantasies started to show as well.

I think this return to humor is intended to be Team Rocket's last hurrah. The voice actors got their wish of playing comedic characters again, hopefully leading up to the end of them in Kanto before Gen 6 starts.

I really, really hope they're pulling a Brock with TR this saga. Please god let it be so.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think this return to humor is intended to be Team Rocket's last hurrah. The voice actors got their wish of playing comedic characters again, hopefully leading up to the end of them in Kanto before Gen 6 starts.

I really, really hope they're pulling a Brock with TR this saga. Please god let it be so.
    I think the opposite. The end of the meloetta two parter would have been the time that they would have gotten rid of Them. It wouldn't really make any sense that they would slowly get them back to being goofy and do their schtick every episode, then randomly get rid of them.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Actually everyone blames AG for starting that fall in the trio's characterization but it was really Johto that started it. That's when the boss fantasies started to show as well.
    I agree. I don't know why AG is being blamed. Granted, I wasn't particularly fond of that saga or the way Team Rocket was portrayed during it, but like you said, Johto is where their characters started to become really redundant and repetitive. No offense to Team Rocket fans of course.

Anyway, I don't understand why Team Rocket is suddenly being dragged just because they're "funny" again. Like, didn't their personalities gradually change from serious to funny throughout BW2? I just fail to see why it's suddenly a surprise that they're back to their silly old selves again when we've seen this part of them before.

This episode is like a homage to all the classic OS stuff; TR digging holes, batshit insane Ursaring, crazy killer Beedrill, Victreebell snatching its victims ... wow. I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

You've said this adamantly for every post-Best Wishes arc, as well as the OT episodes, and it still hasn't happened. And it won't.
    Last edited by Shneak; 29th April 2013 at 9:35 PM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast