Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

Default How do you feel about another "Joy/Jenny/Don George" with Parker this late in BW?

So, it turns out there are multiple Parker's and you can tell them the difference by the colour of their Collars.

So, how do you feel about another one of these recurring characters this late in Best Wishes, or could they reappear in the next series?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I could easily see him becoming a reoccurring character for future sagas whenever Ash needs to go somewhere by boat.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

No. I'm tired of the writers using clones for whatever they need. It's like they are too lazy to make different normal characters in different areas.

My ideal battle ever!

Extremely unnecessary and silly when one character could just reoccur on the boat when needed.

I really don't mind about them multiplying, because I think creating more characters is a nuisance given the depleting ideas for character names and designs.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I do find it slightly odd. I can see having a big family of nurses and police officers, kinda like the career runs in the family. Don George was a bit of a stretch, each member of the family being some kind of gym freak person. As I haven't seen the new episodes I'm not 100% sure what Parkers purpose is, but it seems like a big family of tour guides? Not sure...
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

What? its not the same guy? there is one in each boat? lol

Meh I have no problem with it I guess, I don't have a problem with the other 3 so I shouldn't have a problem with this one either.

God, I didn't even notice. It's kind of creepy in this case cause it was never acknowledged.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Well we all get used to it so Parker will have the same fate ; we'll find it stupid but after that, there won't be any worries.
    But I have to admit, Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny were something, Don George is kind of logical but Parker ? To be honest, a normal "boat-keeper" in each boat with different outfits would have done the job... We'll see.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I find it unnecessary to be honest. I mean I wouldn't have minded much if each Parker had a distinct personality, but the ones we've seen thus far all seem as bland as cardboard in my humble opinion. Also, this trend of giving BW characters generic English names is starting to bug me. But that's a whole other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Also, this trend of giving BW characters generic English names is starting to bug me. But that's a whole other issue.
    Game Freaks based Isshu on an English country so it's only natural the games mirror that by intermixing English names in with things. Though the African-Isshuian Gym Leaders(Iris, Aloe) in-game make that painfully obvious. Carlita's(From the Victini Movie) family too.(IIRC they were based on Native Americans.) Or Dent, Pod, and Corn.(Caucasian) I don't see how it could bug you when they're only being accurate to the games. *Shrugs*

I just lol'd when I realized there's another clone character. They just don't give a f*ck. xD

Welp. At least there's now two groups of both clone women and men. Yaaay gender equality.

There's no way I would've ever cared about Parker anyway so yeah, doesn't really bother me much, it's just silly.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Just another aspect of Da! that was poorly planned, no big surprise there.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Just another aspect of Da! that was poorly planned, no big surprise there.
    Really? how so? there are multiple boats to take them from island to island apparently, so he works like Don George with battle clubs, Joy with PokeCenters, etc.

I don't see how thats poor planned really, I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal, unless people havea problem with the other 3 examples, then that would be consistent and I would understand the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal
    This is my response to it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I just lol'd when I realized there's another clone character. They just don't give a f*ck. xD

Welp. At least there's now two groups of both clone women and men. Yaaay gender equality.

There's no way I would've ever cared about Parker anyway so yeah, doesn't really bother me much, it's just silly.
    And then there's that Cloned Sheep-pokemon idea that they abandoned for being too controversial.. -.- Yet, they clone humans under the guise of them being 'family'.. I got one answer, and it rhymes with in bed..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Really? how so? there are multiple boats to take them from island to island apparently, so he works like Don George with battle clubs, Joy with PokeCenters, etc.

I don't see how thats poor planned really, I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal, unless people havea problem with the other 3 examples, then that would be consistent and I would understand the argument.
    Not really. The other three are all multiple facilities in different, fixed locations. There's no reason, on the other hand, to have multiple ships with multiple Parkers when a single ferry traveling to the islands in order would make more sense both in and out of the context of the plot. It's like if there was a different Freddy O'Martian at every tournament instead of the same one.

Not only that, Da! is only going to last three to four months at most, so introducing a new character who will only exist in it in a mold that has previously only featured major recurring characters in multiple regions (though Don George remains to be seen, but he can easily reappear in XY) is lazy, sloppy writing.

There is literally no explicable reason for there to be multiple Parkers. Is it a big deal? No, you're right, it isn't. But it is just one more bit of lazy writing in an arc full of it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I though most people would come here and say who gives a crap about that, its not a big deal,
    Yep. Such a small detail. Nurse joy has been around since the beginning and people don't complain about it, and there are literally hundreds of Nurse Joys. If this annoys you, how you manage to watch the anime in general is beyond me. This is a kids show. Kids probably think it's ridiculous and funny and that's what the writers want.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I just think the animators are getting lazy....is nothing new just watch the unova league audience (talk about attack of the clones)

Weird and creepy. How the heck are their so many identicals? I'd rather them just have it be Parker's twin. -.- I can live with it but it seems pointless.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I just think the animators are getting lazy....is nothing new just watch the unova league audience (talk about attack of the clones)
    They're definitely getting lazy with the animation. I mean just look at the villain from the previous episode; he was a carbon copy of Antonio. It's sad too because for me the animation was really the only thing that made the anime worth watching (aside from Oshawott obviously). Now that we have tons of Parkers running around, it makes me so much more aware of how the animation department has fallen from grace. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Now that we have tons of Parkers running around, it makes me so much more aware of how the animation department has fallen from grace. :x
    This has nothing to do with the animators being lazy. Even if it was the same Parker every time it would still be the same animations as having multiple ones.
    Last edited by diakyu; 11th May 2013 at 7:47 AM.

Pokemon Anime taking breeding to a whole new level Seesh, this is getting out of hand in my opinion
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I don't see why this is an issue. It's probably a stab at how all people of a specific type in the games are identical.

I just wish they would only introduce characters who have clones like Joy and Jenny only if they'll be important to the overall anime. I thought Don George would have gotten a better showing throughout BW, especially since Ash, Iris, and Cilan could have used the training at the Battle Clubs.

It's not a huge deal with Parker, but it's weird to me why they would do that

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast