Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2da!e3 - Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    That's true. But how do you expect to get yourself locked from the outside in a room without window. And if it's Axew gets lost V.9000 that gets them locked, I will rage and scream.

Joking on the second part, but yeah, I won't be too happy.
    what makes you think there locked out. I'm thinking something gets stolen from a locked room on a boat. and Cilan steps in to investigate

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    Another Detective Cilan episode? What is this the 3rd one?
    Better than no cilan episodes :P

The chosen ones (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    But if you're on a boat, it technically won't be a locked room, since you can just jump off and swim. Besides, this IS Pokemon. Knowing how to swim for long distances isn't that huge of a feat.
    A locked room mystery isn't about "how do we escape this room, the door is locked", it's about "how was this crime committed inside this room when it looks completely impossible for the perpetrator to have entered the room, committed the crime, and left the room again".

Read up on the subgenre here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked_room_mystery
    Last edited by Dephender; 6th April 2013 at 6:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    A locked room mystery isn't about "how do we escape this room, the door is locked", it's about "how was this crime committed inside this room when it looks completely impossible for the perpetrator to have entered the room, committed the crime, and left the room again".

So it's basically part of the Cubchoo and Larvitar episode?

Random : PokéRadar

It would be kind of funny and would make sense if at the end of the episode, Cilan says he is retiring as a detective...."My delicious days as a detective are officially over, there's too much sweet and sour in this work."
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Better than no cilan episodes :P
    Really? his posts doesn't even make sense, Dent does that he has his Detective gig, he uses his sommelier skills for that apparently, I dunno why seeing an episode about him doing his detective thing surprises anyone or is bad, thats like reading something about an episode Satoshi is battling and say again? and we both know what he means with his again.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So it's basically part of the Cubchoo and Larvitar episode?
    The mystery in that episode was outright referred to as a locked room mystery in the episode itself. So... yeah, like that.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It would be kind of funny and would make sense if at the end of the episode, Cilan says he is retiring as a detective...."My delicious days as a detective are officially over, there's too much sweet and sour in this work."
    Yep, that definitely sounds like Cilan to me.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Sigh. I knew this day would come eventually. I had already prepared an emergency underground bunker and everything, but something tells me it won't be enough. Honestly, I think Clue-esque episodes are more suited for serious anime like Detective Conan; I just can't get into a mystery episode when the detective isn't a serious person. I hope Cilan changes his style and at least attempts to act like a real detective, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, I predict that the butler did the crime; it's always the butler.

Internet Glitch ate my post involving Palpitoad helping Cilan.

So I'll just cut to my main point. Stunfisk or else.
    ================

Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea?

I get that "locked room" is it's own detective thing, but you're acting as if it's impossible to get trapped/locked in this episode

Or is it that called "Locked/Trapped in a room while solving a locked room mystery, mystery?"

New Sequel Episode discovered: Detective Axew! Getting Lost, while being locked in a room while solving a locked room mystery on the open sea." I certainly can't wait for this episode.
    --------------------

I bet this episode will be about Pokemon food disappearing or something, and there's no way anyone could've ate it.

Until we learn Oshawott learned instant transmission, and ate all the food. Oddly enough a telepathic Lucario will be in this episode as well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I like Detective Cilan the episodes are entertaining so this will be good, but hopefully this episode explains his fear of Purrloins.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I get that "locked room" is it's own detective thing, but you're acting as if it's impossible to get trapped/locked in this episode
    I'm not, but there's nothing anywhere that even remotely implies that any such thing will happen.

I'm not, but there's nothing anywhere that even remotely implies that any such thing will happen.
    No, there's no implication in the title.

But this is Pokemon, which had Cilan randomly tripping and hitting things just a second after Iris warned him, for whatever reason.

It really would surprise me if being trapped in a room, isn't just to add some kind comic relief to this episode, or to create some kind of tension of some kind. Of course if it's used as a metaphor (as opposed to literally a "crime" occurring in a locked room, where no one could've done it) then never mind. But I'm not sure how a metaphor of a locked room would work in an open sea, unless it's something that doesn't belong in the sea, but even then I don't think that makes much sense. So I don't know what the hell it could about.

A summary would definitely help, or least I would hope so.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I know what locked room mystery means. It means a murder or some kind happens inside a room that's impossible to exit, eg. locked from the inside. I changed my mind. I think this title is just a metaphor. It's really unrealistic for a Pokemon to get trapped just because of some lock.

Locked Room is really hard to create in Pokemon, lol. A ditto can just flow through it. Other Pokemon can just blast the door to death.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Really? his posts doesn't even make sense, Dent does that he has his Detective gig, he uses his sommelier skills for that apparently, I dunno why seeing an episode about him doing his detective thing surprises anyone or is bad, thats like reading something about an episode Satoshi is battling and say again? and we both know what he means with his again.
    That is unless he actually wants to be a detective then maybe this episode might be of some use.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Internet Glitch ate my post involving Palpitoad helping Cilan.

So I'll just cut to my main point. Stunfisk or else.
    ================

Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea?

Or is it that called "Locked/Trapped in a room while solving a locked room mystery, mystery?"

New Sequel Episode discovered: Detective Axew! Getting Lost, while being locked in a room while solving a locked room mystery on the open sea." I certainly can't wait for this episode.
    --------------------

I bet this episode will be about Pokemon food disappearing or something, and there's no way anyone could've ate it.

Until we learn Oshawott learned instant transmission, and ate all the food. Oddly enough a telepathic Lucario will be in this episode as well.
    So this episode is about Axew getting lost too? Wow, two disappointments in one episode. How can you do this to me writers?!

My ideal battle ever!

I'm not especially excited for this episode either. From what I've heard, it sounds pretty similar to the last detective episode. The difference being that there apparently was a crime committed vs looking for a lost pokemon that got out of a "locked room." Just not that big a fan of the detective episodes, but we'll see what happens.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Image of the episode from TV-Tokyo's Pokemon trailer page.
    Last edited by playerking; 16th April 2013 at 4:46 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    That shot looks very familiar.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That shot looks very familiar.
    Its the scene where he does his detective tasting time thing, they reuse the footage, his tasting time is like a pokemon move.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 16th April 2013 at 5:41 PM.

Coming back to the 'locked room'-debate.. I think the 'room'-bit is just a metaphor for the boat. In a regular 'locked room' situation, the culprit of the crime is still within the room along with several other suspects and the detective. This of course, is VERY EASY to pull off on a boat. Since nobody can, logically speaking, leave once at open sea. Of course there's TR with their jetpacks, but considering TR is posing as the crew, I think the end result will be obvious.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I find it weird that I love Cilan to pieces but find his detective stories as boring as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I find it weird that I love Cilan to pieces but find his detective stories as boring as heck.
    Because they really are.

Random : PokéRadar

Because they really are.
    Badum tsss!

They should've done more distinct stories with these. This one at least sounds different then the Cubchoo and Solosis ones, but those were just 'missing'-cases and therefore were very boring when looked at as a pair.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post

Image of the episode from TV-Tokyo's Pokemon trailer page.
    Whoa. Whoa. Cilan in front of a neon city backdrop? I thought this was on a boat! Get hyped!

TV-Tokyo should probably choose a better image that we may or may have not seen before. :/

Because they really are.
    I actually liked the Scrafy and Roggenrola one, I remember people liking the Scrafty one, well he did his bit but the episode wasn't about him I guess and I didn't mind the Cubchoo/Larvitar one.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast