Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2da!e3 - Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

So let me get this right, instead of having Dento's last episode about Dento be about him only, we have the gang searching for Axew along with this Wow. If Dento does leave, I hope we have at least some what of a hint about why hes going to, not just a last second thing cuz I'd really hate that.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Whoa. Whoa. Cilan in front of a neon city backdrop? I thought this was on a boat! Get hyped!

TV-Tokyo should probably choose a better image that we may or may have not seen before. :/
    Lol, maybe the whole castelia city floated up from the grouns to the middle of the ocean near the island they are at.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    So let me get this right, instead of having Dento's last episode about Dento be about him only, we have the gang searching for Axew along with this Wow. If Dento does leave, I hope we have at least some what of a hint about why hes going to, not just a last second thing cuz I'd really hate that.
    Where in the world does it say this episode is about Kibago being searched for by the gang?

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Because they really are.
    Spilling truth tea left and right.~

I'm cackling at that teaser image though. It looks like every other detective Cilan scene so what's the point of showing it? Is that supposed to get us excited or something? Because I don't think it's working. I love a good mystery episode as much as the next person, but it's not a good sign when the producers start recycling both a popular plot point and previously used animation. It just seems very lackluster in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Where in the world does it say this episode is about Kibago being searched for by the gang?
    I guess I shouldn't trust rumors, some one on here tolled me this, they knew it'd get me ticked off I swearXD

I hope Dento gets some really good screen time, its been ages since we've had one and its almost time for him to leave...Wonder if will get another episode before they go?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I actually liked the Scrafy and Roggenrola one, I remember people liking the Scrafty one, well he did his bit but the episode wasn't about him I guess and I didn't mind the Cubchoo/Larvitar one.
    Scrafty one was alright because the episode didn't focus on Cilan's Detective Connoisseur skills but mostly Meowth and Scraggy.

When someone mentions the Detective Connoisseur episodes I mostly just think of Where Did You Go, Audino? and The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! The two of which were boring epsiodes, in my opinion.

Cilan did his Detective Connoisseur thing in Axew Gets Lost! but Iris stopped him.

Random : PokéRadar

^ Not quite, he kept up with his detective skills. He even helped her with his magnifying glass. He just dropped the playful-silliness. :P

I like these episodes for Dento. He's so kooky as a detective. X3
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 17th April 2013 at 4:22 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    ^ Not quite, he kept up with his detective skills. He even helped her with his magnifying glass. He just dropped the playful-silliness. :P

I like these episodes for Dento. He's so kooky as a detective. X3
    The magnifying glass was the only thing he did, and he didn't do much else (hell it wasn't even needed, they were looking at a hat), so yeah she did stop him and I wouldn't count that as an example as a Detective episode for him.

Regardless, I can't say I'm a big fan of the detective episodes, they never really quite seem to click. It's either not that interesting or too ridiculous.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

^ I didn't consider it one, but what I meant was it didn't end when he sulked.

I like these episodes, because it gives him a playful- vibe. <3 Which is something you don't see much in the older characters. But I seem to be one of the few people who like these epis. Which is a shame because the dialogue and Dento's silliness is my favorite part. XD (Which is supposed to be part of his charm. If he actually sat through and thought everything out like he does when he's calm it wouldn't be as fun).

Though I do wish to see Fishing Sommelier and Science Sommelier again. D;
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 17th April 2013 at 8:21 PM.

^ I didn't consider it one, but what I meant was it didn't end when he sulked.

I like these episodes, because it gives him a playful- vibe. <3 Which is something you don't see much in the older characters. But I seem to be one of the few people who like these epis. Which is a shame because the dialogue and Dento's silliness is my favorite part. XD

Though I do wish to see Fishing Sommelier and Science Sommelier again. D;
    That's your opinion, but that was pretty much the end of the detective for the day.

I don't have anything against silliness, but like I said it never really seems to fully click.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Well there's only been two episodes, three if you include this one.

but I remember someone saying they didn't care about him.

Only been 2 movie episodes and I thought they were much better, not the point.

Either way, I don't expect much from here, just more nonsense.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I expect nonsense.

I have my arms open for it. The show's just had one serious epi after another, it could use some livening up.

Obviously disagree, but you're veering off topic. Especially since that's not what I mean.

I'm sure it'll be enjoyable to some, but I don't expect it to have a lasting effect.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I think the thing about the detective episodes is that so far they've mostly been filler(scrafty one wasn't but it wasn't Cilans actions that led to progress for me that was more meowth). Now it being filler is fine but it means people will automatically assume any time there is a detective bit that it's a nothing episode for Cilan. What I think would be good would be for the detective episodes to at least once have a more lasting impact for Cilan. A capture for Cilan, a new move for any of Cilan's pokemon or introducing a new rival/recurring friend for cilan(bit late for this one in BW but if Cilan goes on to the next region.) Just so they don't seem so out of the main plot so often.

I hope we discover why he is afraid of purloin and pansage evolves. They are the only two things I want to happen with cilan before he leaves. (And if possible, see him get an s class rank but I doubt it will happen since this is pokemon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Togekiss View Post
    I hope we discover why he is afraid of purloin
    Wait a minute. We still don't know why he's afraid of Purrloin? Granted, I never thought the reason would be all-that interesting to begin with, but it seems like something we should have learned a long time ago. Anyway, I'm about ready to call this a filler because as others have pointed out, almost all detective Cilan episodes are fillers that only serve to entertain the audience instead of advancing the story. I really wanted Cilan to improve in the Connoisseur department instead of seeing him solve mysteries, but whatever. I guess I'll have to take what I can get. I'm pretty much ready for anything; I just hope we don't get too many "supākoru dansu" moments from Cilan; he should just focus on the mystery imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Wait a minute. We still don't know why he's afraid of Purrloin? Granted, I never thought the reason would be all-that interesting to begin with, but it seems like something we should have learned a long time ago. Anyway, I'm about ready to call this a filler because as others have pointed out, almost all detective Cilan episodes are fillers that only serve to entertain the audience instead of advancing the story. I really wanted Cilan to improve in the Connoisseur department instead of seeing him solve mysteries, but whatever. I guess I'll have to take what I can get. I'm pretty much ready for anything; I just hope we don't get too many "supākoru dansu" moments from Cilan; he should just focus on the mystery imo.
    Cilan just showed off his fear twice in the serie (Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? and Clash of the Connoisseurs!) and since, in the first one, Cilan didn't actually talk about this fear and the second showed a full episode that wasn't based on Cilan's fear, I think this one could be a great example of episode to conclude the subject.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Well it took us until Dawn's final ribbon on why they called her Dee Dee since Kenny appeared around Dawn's second ribbon. So that's an extremely long time.

Random : PokéRadar

Here's what I'd like to see for this episode (if it does include Purrloin and has some substance):

-There's a mystery on a boat for something stolen
    -There's a Purrloin on the boat
    -Dento goes all detective and blames the Purrloin
    -The Purrloin hastily says it didn't do it
    -Maybe it's revealed why??? But maybe not
    -Something happens where Dento and the Purrloin join forces
    -Gets over fear? Or at least better off then before? Capture?
    -The end.

It sounds like that Iris episode lol. But it seems like something they'd do. Well if the Purrloin is involved and innocent.

I half expect Iris to solve the mystery and Dento winds up sulking with Purrloin.

Here's what I'd like to see for this episode (if it does include Purrloin and has some substance):

-There's a mystery on a boat for something stolen
    -There's a Purrloin on the boat
    -Dento goes all detective and blames the Purrloin
    -The Purrloin hastily says it didn't do it
    -Maybe it's revealed why??? But maybe not
    -Something happens where Dento and the Purrloin join forces
    -Gets over fear? Or at least better off then before? Capture?
    -The end.

It sounds like that Iris episode lol. But it seems like something they'd do. Well if the Purrloin is involved and innocent.

I half expect Iris to solve the mystery and Dento winds up sulking with Purrloin.
    I would like if they did revealed Cilan history with Purrloin and him over coming the trauma cause by it.

About the episode I hope Cilan's detective skills our a big help this time.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

so it looks like some woman's jewel goes missing and cilan investigates

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/
    www.dotup.org4139591.jpg

Here are the images.

Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by playerking; 19th April 2013 at 8:02 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Eh, not that surprising. The woman probably misplaces it or something, or TR stole it. I would've much rather preferred a Connoisseur episode, but what can you do?

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

My interest in this episode sparked more now. I wonder who that old lady is (victim?) and it looks like that man with the mustache is the suspect/criminal. I wonder what'll happen. I like this has to do with jewelry instead just because I feel it's something they'd have better control over.

It actually seems like an interesting mystery right now for once. X3 This epi could be really good!

plus the fact this epi has a lot of pictures devoted to it makes me happy!!!
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 19th April 2013 at 8:22 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast