Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bws2da!e3 - Cilan the Connoisseur Detective! A Locked Room Mystery on the Open Sea!!

I might actually enjoy this Detective Episode now that I know that Purrloin will bicker with Cilan.

Random : PokéRadar

Purrloin: *in Purrloin language* LISTEN! I don't even like that jewel ok? I'm not the culprit here, it's someone else. If I could I'd throw that stupid Liepard's Eye off the side of the boat if I could!

Dento:*In gratuitous english* T_T IT'S GOING TO EAT ME!!

Pokemon Shaymin Sommelier Dento~
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Purrloin: *in Purrloin language* LISTEN! I don't even like that jewel ok? I'm not the culprit here, it's someone else. If I could I'd throw that stupid Liepard's Eye off the side of the boat if I could!
    you know that's a pretty good motive. Purrloin, tired of Ripple paying more attention to the jewel then it, steals and hides it.

It then attempts to befriend cilan to throw him off the track. Despite some initial reluctance Cilan eventually grows to like Purrloin and overcome his fear. only to have it come back worse then ever when Purrloins deception is revealed

Actually I was sort of going for a "I'm only doing it for my trainer" type motive. But you know, it could be a mix? Like Purrloin hides it somewhere because it's jealous and then people come and steal it? Either way, it looks like there's a bunch of suspicious people on that ship working together for it.

Cilan interacting with Purrloin in this episode is good enough for me, sounds funny and entertaining.

I don't wanna get my hopes up for finding out why he's scared of the Purrloins, but i'm gonna do it anyway.

So after Cilan depart from the anime, I expect a spin off of Detective Cilan!!

That man in the preview looks suspicious, he most own that Roselia....also if Cilan close this case..this is the first one!!

We'll see what happens, everything looks so random in this episode. Almost forgot there's supposed to be that tourney in the beginning. Maybe Growlithe and Galvantula are part of it?

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    This episode looks even worse than before ugh. Cilan needed a nice development episode, not another random episode where he shows his dislike of Purrloin. I'm not even sure that he'll bond with it; people said that last time when he was with a Purrloin and absolutely no progress was made; Cilan still disliked the species. That and the fact that the tournament isn't even an important plot point makes this just another filler imo.
    Agreed. I was expecting something more than another detective episode more so than this again. I also wanted some more battles and interactions with his pokemon. Like Stunfish and Pansage.

My ideal battle ever!

Wait Purrloin isn't Parker's?? Stupid opening -_-...is he like a caretaker too lol??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Wait Purrloin isn't Parker's?? Stupid opening -_-...is he like a caretaker too lol??
    Dunno, maybe they just put it there to show us there'd be a Purrloin to bug Cilan lol.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Dunno, maybe they just put it there to show us there'd be a Purrloin to bug Cilan lol.
    Well they could of put that into the opening instead of putting him with Parker lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well they could of put that into the opening instead of putting him with Parker lol.
    True lol. I really don't know. Mistranslation? Either way, it doesn't look like it's going to Cilan :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

True lol. I really don't know. Mistranslation? Either way, it doesn't look like it's going to Cilan :P
    Well I got that lol. Really though, Dento getting chased by Purrloin would of made the opening way better.

ya never know. its still a possibility. Say for example Purrloin bonds with Cilan and Ripple sees its happier with him. She may let Purrloin travel with him

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    ya never know. its still a possibility. Say for example Purrloin bonds with Cilan and Ripple sees its happier with him. She may let Purrloin travel with him
    Not another Togekiss situation. That's what people were hoping happened with the Deino in the Daycare episode.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Not another Togekiss situation. That's what people were hoping happened with the Deino in the Daycare episode.
    its not likely but not impossible. purrloin is jealous of ripples jewels. so maybe ripple accuses purrloin, which hurts its feelings. and after seeing it bond with cilan while trying to clear its name, ripple decided it would be happier with him

Guys it's so obvious ~development~ is happening in this episode whether you don't like Dento or not. Because this is the thing:

1. BEST WISHES IS ENDING
    2. THERE IS SOMETHING DENTO LOVES
    3. THERE IS SOMETHING DENTO HATES
    4. LOVE BEATS HATRED IN THIS ANIME

I'd hope for a Togekiss situation because I find the cat so cool, and Dento needs a new Pokemon. But at the same time, if Dento looked sad that Purrloin was leaving that'd also be good too.

I'm more inclined to think that there is potential development. We still don't know if they'll touch the phobia argument here, even if it seems quite likely. I really hope that we'll get to know more about that, though.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I think he's taking a BIG step though. Like pretty much compared to how Iris worked with the Ice Cream. The first epi he wasn't over it and didn't want to be around it. The second epi he tried to get rid of it quickly but this epi appears he has to work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I'm more inclined to think that there is potential development.
    And I'm inclined to disagree because apparently there's no room for improvement. We've been led to believe for two and a half years that Cilan can't be bothered to get character development because he already knows all there is to know about being a Connoisseur and such, which is why the writers give him random roles like this one. It's funny because Ash and friends have solved mysteries like this one before without dressing up and playing detective yet suddenly the whole procedure has been changed. The writers are so transparent.

Well looking at the opening it seems Purrloin will be in the boat for a while so Dent will hopefully get over it eventually if its in this episode great and I would like to know an explanation to the phobia not just him getting over it without an explanation, I don't think a fear of a certain cat(not all cats) pokemon makes much sense, Kasumi was scared of all bugs kinda like some peoplo in real world thats self explanatory, being scared of a cat no.

^ Yeah he said there WAS a reason, but the writers MAY keep it as a noodle incident. I hope not.

Another thing could be is they pull a Tamaki Suoh and have it explained within two seconds...

Or it be explained simply through dialogue, not necessarily a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well looking at the opening it seems Purrloin will be in the boat for a while so Dent will hopefully get over it eventually if its in this episode great and I would like to know an explanation to the phobia not just him getting over it without an explanation, I don't think a fear of a certain cat(not all cats) pokemon makes much sense, Kasumi was scared of all bugs kinda like some peoplo in real world thats self explanatory, being scared of a cat no.
    Well, I know some people that don't like cats. Just like I don't exactly like being anywhere near a dog. There doesn't always needs to be an explanation of why someone hates a certain creature. I can't stand mice and rodents, so why the hell would I want a Pikachu near me?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Guys it's so obvious ~development~ is happening in this episode whether you don't like Dento or not. Because this is the thing:

1. BEST WISHES IS ENDING
    2. THERE IS SOMETHING DENTO LOVES
    3. THERE IS SOMETHING DENTO HATES
    4. LOVE BEATS HATRED IN THIS ANIME

I'd hope for a Togekiss situation because I find the cat so cool, and Dento needs a new Pokemon. But at the same time, if Dento looked sad that Purrloin was leaving that'd also be good too.
    I think your logic may be right when it comes to this episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Well, I know some people that don't like cats. Just like I don't exactly like being anywhere near a dog. There doesn't always needs to be an explanation of why someone hates a certain creature. I can't stand mice and rodents, so why the hell would I want a Pikachu near me?
    Well yeah, I think he said he gets that. However in this case, Cilan has an aversion to a certain cat and not all cats. So it's not a species thing, but rather a specific type of animal. Like saying you don't have a problem with dogs, but don't like German Shepards or whatever.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast