Thread: How is your opinion of the league? "Dub edition

Default How is your opinion of the league? "Dub edition

This thread is to discuss your opinion of the league in the English version of the Pokemon anime.

DIscuss your opinion of the dub versionof the league here:

Remember; It's mandatory to add spoiler tags if you want to discuss about the last League episode until next Saturday.

I hope that you liked because I think that this league is the worst league in history of Pokemon. This is more like a tournament than a league.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Could you be more specific please? Which league are you talking about? The Indigo League? Johto League? Or what?
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

It doesn't change anything.

Ash pulled a win out of his behind by a one hit kill combo for trip that was almost as bad as some of the swallow/corphish shenanigans.

Bianca was eliminated early on despite being a recurring character.

Pointless axes filler is pointless.

Stephan turns psychic and rigged his zekstrika.

Well it depends on what league you are addressing:

Indigo League
    • One of Ash's funniest loses ever. His Chairzard refused to participate in a match against Ritche's Pikachi because he deemed it too "weak". Lol. He wasn't about that life
    • Also it was kind of boring and 2-D (well it was the first generation)
    • What really made it funny was how Pokemon would fight even without commands

Silver Conference
    • Definitely alot better than the Indigo League by a mile
    • Better trainers and more action packed battles
    • Ash did pretty well, but in the end he was just outclassed by Harrison and his Blaziken
    • IMHO, When Blaziken landed that Blaze Kick, it was the turning point of the match

Ever Grande Conference
    • Now this was when Pokemon battles became alot better
    • WAY better rivals, interesting battles, and just a good way to watch two creatures battle
    • Ash had definitely improved since his first two leagues, and this league showcased his newfound talents
    • However, Tyson was probably Ash's greatest Rival since Gary and gave him quite a match
    • Although, I still believe that Meowth should have went down before Pikachu

Lily of the Valley Conference
    • This league IMHO was the best league out of all the regions
    • Not only because the style of battling was improved by MILES, but because the long awaited rivarly between Paul and Ash had concluded here
    • Paul who had beat Ash several times before this tournament was finally defeated by Ash
    • Then just when we all think that Ash has a chance to win, he gets royally screwed as he goes up against a completely random trainer (who we will probably never see again, who uses legendary hack pokemon)
    • I honestly believe that the writers just wanted to finish DP fast and needed someway of killing Ash off in one episode. And so they create a trainer who has absolutely no back history, dream, or motivation bust out the Chuck Norisses of Pokemon and obliderate Ash's remaining team. Nice going writers.
      Also to add on, I strongly believe that Paul made a bad choice in Pokemon as well. I mean come on, Ninjask? Frosslas? He should have put in Ursaring and Honchcrow or even Nidoking.
    Last edited by TheBlackDuelist; 8th April 2013 at 2:53 AM.
    Fan Fic: Nexus Renegade
    When a new dimension is created and gives birth to three terrors of the world. The Nexus will judge you
    Currently Under Revision
    Special Thanks to Inudono19 for the Badass Morph of the Creation Trio

TBH the last good league for me was Hoenn. Everything after has been done in a weird way

The Unova league is still the worst league. The Ash and Trip rivalry was made completely pointless and Trip was written off way too early and we only see him spam his Serperior again.
    Bianca then loses early, which was a disappointment.
    Another pointless Axew gets lost episode during the league when the episode shouldn't have even taken place there.
    Ash then loses to a trainer that's dumber than he is (Cameron) and also regresses backwards to the top 8 again.
    Virgil was only there to advertise the Eeveelutions.
    The only decent thing about this league was Ash vs Stephan, and even that battle was mediocre at best.
    I give it a rating of 1/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

IT SUCKS!!

Better than the Sinnoh League..but worse than the rest. What was the purpose of Virgil? I wanted to like him, but they gave me no reason to.

Also, Trip got really screwed over.
    Last edited by Brownie; 15th April 2013 at 2:19 AM.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Kanto 1/10
    Johto 7/10
    Honnen 9/10
    Sinnoh 5/10
    Unova 6/10

Kanto: 4/10
    It was the first league for Ash! The climax of the historic first season! However, there were some let downs. Ash just plowed through random people, and lost to some kid that was like his twin.

Johto: 8/10
    Ash's epic battle with Gary made this league great. Not to mention the awesome first appearance of Blaziken! The quality of the action didn't change much though.

Hoenn: 9/10
    This league was my favorite. It wasn't quite as predictable as the others. Tyson was a really cool rival as well. This is also where the quality of the action really took a step forword.

Sinnoh: 8/10
    I don't see why people hated this one. Ash's battle with Paul was one of the coolest moments in the season! I hated Diamond and Pearl. In fact, I only watched episodes with Paul or Hunter J. However, this was a really cool league.

Unova: 1/10
    This... I hardly know what to say. I can't begin to express my hatred toward Virgil, the battle with Trip was a massive disappointment, Camron losing in the end was fake beyond all belief, and what was with this season in general? All it seemed to do was advertize merchandise, and spam a bunch of genderbending nonsence. Not to mention the terrible action scenes. Every attack always looked the same! You'd think it were the video game, not the anime.

Unova League... WORST LEAGUE EVER

Kanto: 4/10
    It was the first league for Ash! The climax of the historic first season! However, there were some let downs. Ash just plowed through random people, and lost to some kid that was like his twin.

I agree with this mostly^

and my fave was Johto due to him vs gary and the blaziken lul

Paul vs ash was gud also but tobias was just unfair
    Some of my faves:

Now to fill the rest of this space.

I think the reason why people hated the D/P league was cuz Team Rocket took up too much screen time while some battles were going on, we never even got to see some of Ash's Pokemon in action due to that, than again just a guess other people could have different reasons.

To me, goes like this...

D/P League gets a 10 from me: Loved Ash/Pau's rivalry and the battle was in my opinion awesome! I also loved Ash V.S Conway, it really showed Ash's training skills and how far he came since Kanto, plus he took out two legendary Pokemon that no one else was able to do, I was really impressed with Ash this one. I could watch the D/P league episodes over and over again and not get bored.

Johto League gets a 10 too: Showed how far Ash has come, didn't even need Brock/Misty's help and his finale match with Gary was really good.

Hoenn League gets a 8: Second least favorite league, it was ok and had some fun random rivals but, no rivals like Paul or Gary to make an impressive fight for me but than again with a rivalry like Ash/Trip maybe it was a good idea to not give Ash a rival. Maybe they should do this again next series eh??

Last place, Unova for me. Why was it rushed again? I don't get it. Also, Trip never really said why he was annoyed with Kanto people so...Ontop of that, it was like the writers gave up on Trip and wanted him out of the way as soon as possible. Why did they even add Virgil? He didn't get to even fight Ash, I hated who Ash lost to most of all. I hope the next league does a better job than this one, wonder how Japan felt about this one, maybe all the negative reviews will wake the writers up some how.

edit;

I don't know where to put the Kanto league though, its a mix for me on this one.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 21st April 2013 at 8:16 AM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

[QUOTE=BlueDragonfangirl Last place, Unova for me. Why was it rushed again? I don't get it. Also, Trip never really said why he was annoyed with Kanto people so...Ontop of that, it was like the writers gave up on Trip and wanted him out of the way as soon as possible. Why did they even add Virgil? He didn't get to even fight Ash, I hated who Ash lost to most of all. I hope the next league does a better job than this one, wonder how Japan felt about this one, maybe all the negative reviews will wake the writers up some how. [/QUOTE]

Virgil existed ONLY to promote the new Eevee Collection figure and plush line. His unevolved female Eevee was meant to hint at the release of Sylveon. I hated Virgil. He was so fruity XD and he should NOT have won

Messed up that quote... Stupid ipad lol

Only just got around to watching the dubbed version of it last night.

I generally don't care about Pokémon Leagues enough to say whether or not it was the worst league, but I can definitely say it was an enjoyable arc and had some of the best battles in the Black and White series.

I liked how they handled Trip. When you place him near the likes of Bianca, Stephan and Cameron, I'm glad they kicked Trip out in the preliminaries and gave the former 3 all the screen time. Bad rival is bad, and even though ditching something like a main rival is bad writing, the issue is alleviated by the fact that I didn't even want to see him. Throwing a filler in the middle was fine by me too, though it would have been nicer if the arc was a bit longer and more deserving of a break between battles. The battles against Stephan and Cameron were great too; I feel that having Riolu evolve sneakily gave Cameron that sixth Pokémon which worked well. The only thing I would change in Ash's progression through to Cameron is there should have been an additional 3-on-3 before or after Stephan, since there were really only two decent Ash battles here.

I guess all that's left is Virgil. He was obviously just there to teach everyone how awesome Eevee is right before the reveal of Sylveon. He wasn't that appealing as a character, but I guess it doesn't matter because he never fought Ash anyway. Him being champion doesn't really matter either to me. Ash will never be the champion so I don't care which of his rivals or COTDs make it to the top.

Oh, number one improvement over the Sinnoh League would be the lack of Team Rocket. The writing team should hopefully learn from Best Wishes and be sure to cut TRio out of episodes where they aren't needed. They would have been more than welcome to kidnap Axew in Lost at the League, but hogging screen time while Ash is trying to battle ain't right.

Woah... Worst league, but it is interesting to see trainers from the Club Tournament, Clubsplosion, and WTJC, with the inclusion of Katharine from BW055. However, Virgil kicked everyone out, but why? Is it because of 6th Generation Eevolutions? And come on, Ash tried so hard battling against Cameron, and lost to Virgil. The worst part is, I didn't get to see other trainers battle. So I guess the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues are better, but the Sinnoh League i stopped watching by the Darkrai episode.

天と地が一つになる時!世界は新たな時代を迎える!

The unova league seemed more like a regular tournament than a Raj league. My favorite league was johto, I loved the beetle with Gary and how it wrapped up their rivalry kinda, and then garrisons Blaziken was totally epic too. I didn't watch hoenn and only part of sinnoh though so that might change my opinion.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

Unova was better than Sinnoh, but not by much. It would've been nice to see other Trainers battle. And I KNOW the reason they did this is because they're rushing to get to the next Gen in the Anime.

As for the older Leagues:

The first three Leagues got progressively better. Charizard's refusal to battle the Pikachu was priceless. And Ash's loss to Blaziken was a great plug for Gen 3. The Hoenn League had some of the most interesting battles up to that point, and all of them were exciting to watch.

Then there's Sinnoh... My how the finale of this saga was a letdown... Not only was it a letdown, but it was borderline offensive to me. There is a reason that I and many other fans (read: MOST FANS) hated this League (despite a great start with Paul finally being defeated in an admittedly great battle). The problem, and this started in the Battle Frontier though it culminated here, is the whole demystification of Legendary Pokemon. No Trainer in the Anime should just... HAVE LEGENDARY POKEMON, because well they just do! If they've got one, there had BETTER be an earth-shattering reason for it. Anyway, there's alot more I could say about this subject, but I'll save it for its own topic, since this kind of thing warrants a topic's worth of discussion in and of itself, and I don't want to derail this one.
    Last edited by SBaby; 7th May 2013 at 3:01 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel