View Poll Results: Was giving Mewtwo a new forme a good idea?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 53.04%
  • No

54 46.96%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you approve of Mewtwo getting a new forme?

Default Do you approve of Mewtwo getting a new forme?

So, as everyone knows, Mewtwo has a new forme. But do you think this was a good idea?

I personally think not, for two reasons:

Firstly, I have grown sick of Game Freak giving every single new legendary Pokémon multiple formes, and going as far as to give old Pokémon new forms (which I see as treading on sacred ground, especially Mewtwo) just makes things worse.

Secondly, changing a classic, an icon that makes Pokémon as well-known as it is, is suicide IMO. If they gave Pikachu a second forme, imagine the backlash they'd get then! Mewtwo is no different. Changing the Mewtwo everyone knows and loves by giving it a new forme is also going to cause massive fan backlash, from present and past fans alike.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 9th April 2013 at 2:25 AM.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    Firstly, I have grown sick of Game Freak giving every single new Pokémon multiple formes
    Gosh, yes. We're up to... what, 10 now? Out of soon-to-be 800 or so? Every single one. Absolutely.

and going as far as to give old Pokémon new forms (which I see as treading on sacred ground, especially Mewtwo) just makes things worse.
    It makes nothing worse. Don't use the formes if they bother you that intensely.

Secondly, changing a classic, an icon that makes Pokémon as well-known as it is, is suicide IMO. If they gave Pikachu a second forme, imagine the backlash they'd get then! Mewtwo is no different. Changing the Mewtwo everyone knows and loves by giving it a new forme is also going to cause massive fan backlash, from present and past fans alike.
    Oh lord. "Suicide"? "Massive fan backlash"? No. Stop. Is it possible you're overreacting here, just a touch? (hint: yes. yes, you are)

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It's more likely to be another variation of the Mew family rather than a forme. Because this new "forme" has a large head, stereotypical smart-*** look, we can pretty much cross out that he would have higher physical attack than Mewtwo, he's even smaller that Mewtwo. Mewtwo already possess high Sp.Atk so why would they amplify that?

Also, with X and Y being possibly linked to gene technology and the fact that Genesect is genetically modified and that Mewtwo is a clone, we can draw the conclusion that this will be a game that has genetics linked to it. The new team or whatever could've attempted to clone Mew (or Mewtwo) again. There's bound to be some link story wise between Genesect and Mewtwo. Maybe we'll see Rocket and Plasma return? They both got their signature Pokemon involved.

Also, I'm calling out Jean as the female protagonist's name right now!

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

If it is a new FORM of Mewtwo?

No, I don't really like that.

If it ends up being its own, separate pokemon?

Yeah, I'm fine with that.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Well, as long as it's not some useless other form of Mewtwo, only available for that game only, Then I'll be fine. MEWTHREE ANYONE?
    I have found a new love for Porygon!

I fine with Mewtwo's new form; I beings me back to the days of the Mewthree rumors when Pokemon frist started. Also I can't help but think what if they gave other Pokemon from gen 1 other forms...

I'm not to excited about the new mewtwo form. mewtwo is one of the most classic pokemon (next to pikachu) and the first legendary. if you wanted to give him a new form, GameFreak should have done it 5 generaions ago, NOT NOW.

but lets just say it's a hole new pokemon: i would defenetly feel less ressentful too it, and probably more accepting.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

I can never pick sides on this sort of thing... xD

I find it extremely odd that they're just now making a new Mewtwo form after so long, and they'd better have a good story line to go with it, but the form really does look cool. I really do like how it looks. xD

Yes, I love his new forme

Looking at my avatar, you can already tell. It might be just Mewthree, considering the site never referred to it as a form, and instead a new Pokemon. Plus, everyone has always wanted a Mewthree, so when it actually comes out, I better not hear any *****in'. -__- Then again, they kept on saying how it shares many traits with Mewtwo, so it might just be a massive trolling by the Pokemon Company, meaning a new forme. Either way I'm cool with it.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Yes, I strongly approve of it. I like Pokemon getting new forms, it has always been a great feature in the past. I am also happy they decided to give a Pokemon from first gen a new form as many of the older Pokemon look quite bad in my opinion. When I first saw it, I didn't look at the whole picture, so I missed its body and thought it was just a head with a tail, a sort of snake-like thing. I thought it looked a bit weird. Then I saw the whole picture and noticed it had a body as well, making it look a bit more normal. And when I saw the video today, I was hooked. I really like it. Doesn't matter if it is a new form of Mewtwo or a new Pokemon altogether, I am positive to it.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I like it more than the original *points to sig*

Did I like and approve of it when it was first leaked? No, I didn't. But since it was officially revealed, I have come to accept this Mewtwo Form/Lookalike. I know that in time, I probably will come to both like and approve of it as I have most other forms/Pokemon. That is, if it isn't a purely aesthetic form like Keldeo's.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I think it looks great (well, now I do - the leak did the design no favours at all), it's suitably odd to fit in with Mewtwo's really rather twisted backstory and demeanour. Far from this 'ruining' the best known legendary of gen 1, I think this is a great way of bringing him back into the spotlight after beasties like Arceus (which I'm really not a fan of). I just hope the forme doesn't outshine the base forme stat-wise nor stray into the niche of that Deoxys occupies.

I approve with this becoming Mewthree
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I approve with this becoming Mewthree
    Exactly. But, as a new form, I don't approve. In fact, I hate it. I am tired of all of these new forms. They're just being made to reel in more cash.
    Of course the new Mewtwo form gets a promo for a new movie. I was not shocked, and no one else should be.

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

It would be weird if it was a new forme, but if it was a new pokemon it would be great.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I like this idea for a new Mewtwo form, because it brings focus back to the first games. It draws people back to what Mewtwo is and I believe it is an attempt by the people over at Game Freak to try and draw some of the older players back to pokemon. By giving it a new form, it's like having an old game yet still showing new and creative ways for the game to in a sense evolve.

Yes I do approve of the new Mew. I actually like it very much. It has not destroyed my childhood =) I think it is more than likely a new pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    They're just being made to reel in more cash.
    Pokémon is a business like any other. Everything is done with the intention of making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I think it is more than likely a new pokemon.
    The indications are the opposite.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

As much as the usual "This is Pokemon, we don't got to explain nothing" applies, I wonder how something organic changes forms that drastically. I hope its as Chrysaris suggested, it could make the X/Y narrative more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

Yeah it's pretty cool. Though it's just mewtwo in a new form, Like keldeo and meloetta. When they run out of ideas they always make new forms of a pokemon. And then those new forms just get put in your pc 'cause after using them over and over they kinda get boring. Thats what happens when you get your hands on a mythical or rare pokemon.
    Last edited by xXYobi TakiXx; 8th April 2013 at 2:47 AM.

I really am not sure. I'm more for a new Mew. If it's a new Mewtwo form, I hope it makes an okay addition.

I am neutral to Mewtwo getting a new forme. I think this thing being positive or negative depends on the history behind the addition.

Since Mewtwo in the anime is a clone of Mew or Mew's artificialy modified baby in the game, it's not impossible that the scientists tried to create another Mewtwo. Should it also be named as Mewthree?

So, as everyone knows, Mewtwo has a new forme. But do you think this was a good idea?

I personally think not, for two reasons:

Firstly, I have grown sick of Game Freak giving every single new Pokémon multiple formes, and going as far as to give old Pokémon new forms (which I see as treading on sacred ground, especially Mewtwo) just makes things worse.
    Zomg we only have I think 10 Pokemon that got formes out of 600+ Pokemon. **** off Gamefreak, too many formes! The end is here!

Or they could just ya'know realize that the original Mewtwo almost everyone as a child still exists and not been shafted.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast