View Poll Results: Do you use legendaries for finishing the game?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 22.45%
  • No

38 77.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use legendaries?

Default Do you use legendaries?

just a simple question, i myself do not use Legendaries for finishing the game and even on live battles since RBY.

i dunno why, but i do not feel comfortable with them, its as if im doing a big sin or using a cheat when i use them.

usually when i encounter a Legendary i just catch it and release it as soon as possible, only catching them for my pokedex entry.

do you guys feel the same way about them?

Every time you throw a Pokeball comes great responsibility

I catch them for the dex entry. I used to use them for beating the league, but I have since stopped. I'd rather use Pokemon I raised from a low level.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

In-game: No. I prefer training Pokemon I like. And legendaries are too hard to level. And I'm too lazy.

Competitive: Yes. They're just normal Pokemon in competitive field, lol. Phione and Regigigas and most of the minor trio legendaries.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Not for finishing the game but I will use them in Battle Subway and competitively if they are allowed

I never use legendaries anymore. When I look back to my old teams, I always had a really crappy team then one legendary, about two levels above the level I caught it at, clearly used to sweep the Elite 4 because I had such a bad team. Since Diamond I haven't had one in my team. I sort of see them as cheating because of how powerful they are, and I love raising pokemon from a low level because I get greater satisfaction.
    Black Team:

White 2 Team:

I never use legendaries most because I can't check their IVs, (well, I can, but I will have to catch them over and over again, and there is only 4% chance of getting the right nature).
    I prefer to train all my Pokémon from egg, cause it feels most right for me, and I can then check their IVs without catching them and get a random nature, like the legends.

There are however a few legendary Pokémon that I would like to EV train just to have them, like Genesect and Mewtwo, which I think is awesome pokes.
    Last edited by Blue Cobra; 7th April 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

I used the WiFi event Genesect when Black 2 was released, it was great fun to raise it during my journey across Unova.

Otherwise, if the legendary is caught before the League, I will use it. (e.g Lugia or Ho-Oh)

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

I've done it a few times. I used Ho-oh in HeartGold, the Lv. 1 event Giratina in SoulSilver, and Cobalion in my first runthrough of Japanese Black. I think it made the game a little easier, but not to the point where I was steamrolling everything (because the rest of my team was terrible in all three cases). That said, I haven't used legendaries on my main team since then, and I think I like it better that way.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

No, I have not used legendaries in any of my games. I don't think I ever will.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

I used to, but I don't much anymore b/c ppl on here poke fun at them....Wait a second...if I want to use Legendaries in my ingame teams, then I will---Connection Lost in feigned rage
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

The only time I've ever used a legendary was when I was around 6-7, playing Red. I had to use Zapdos (caught it with a master ball :facepalm: ) When I got Sapphire, I never used legendaries since. I caught them, but I'd never use them.
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    I used the WiFi event Genesect when Black 2 was released, it was great fun to raise it during my journey across Unova.

Otherwise, if the legendary is caught before the League, I will use it. (e.g Lugia or Ho-Oh)
    I did this aswell, really fun :P

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

I used to but know I don't. I just prefer to use regular Pokemon because by the time you can catch the legendaries, I already have an established team.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I use them against N, Ghetsis, Elite Four members, and champions. I also use them in tournaments

I only use legendaries if I REALLY like them and get them pre-Elite Four, like Keldeo, Azelf or Manaphy

Of course. They're Pokemon, and usually not much stronger than non-legendary ones.

I voted 'yes' because I do use them on occasion, but prefer not to.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

In-game? No. The game itself is easy enough as is, considering it gives you every conceivable advantage over the AI (switching after KO's, free use of healing items, most don't use full teams, you can outlevel your foes, they don't switch, etc.). There is no need for legendaries, as it makes what is already pitifully easy difficulty completely trivial.

Competitively? Yes. Things like Latios/Latias, Terrakion, or Heatran are undeniably good at what they do.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

No I never use them to finish the game, especially with generation five, because of how easy it was.

Competitively yes I use one legendary, but I'd rather not use them.

Yes, generally plot legendaries are good HM slaves. My Giratina in Platinum, for example, knew Fly, Cut, Defog e Rock Climb.

In the games I never use them, finally getting around to beating N in the final battle of the first half of Black 1, and I switched out the legendary right away for my Haxoraus.

Competitively...well the person who got me really hard core into Pokemon always looked down on using Legendarys. That being said even though he would have a random nature and is among the weakest of the legendarys I am really tempted to put Giratina on my battle team because the poor guy gets no respect and I think he's awesome. Though as I said I know he is one of the weakest legendarys.

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    Competitively...well the person who got me really hard core into Pokemon always looked down on using Legendarys. That being said even though he would have a random nature and is among the weakest of the legendarys I am really tempted to put Giratina on my battle team because the poor guy gets no respect and I think he's awesome. Though as I said I know he is one of the weakest legendarys.
    And yet, Giratina is Uber... :/

I do. They exist, they can be captured, why not use them...
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

All the Legendaries are Uber because of their stat lines; that being said a smart battler knows how to push past stat lines. The Pokemon have to have dominant move sets as well and Giratina is...ok...kinda...

I almost never use legendaries as part of the story since the Pokemon I've been training are generally stronger than legendaries when I get them. The exception is Palkia is Pearl since I was young and stupid so the only good pokemon on my team was Torterra, and when I used Zekrom against N. I mostly use legendaries post-game since I rarely get them before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    All the Legendaries are Uber because of their stat lines; that being said a smart battler knows how to push past stat lines. The Pokemon have to have dominant move sets as well and Giratina is...ok...kinda...
    That first part isn't true; there are many legendaries that are not in the Uber tier. Terrakion is a good example of a legendary with a strong presence in the OU tier and Moltres is reasonably common in the RU tier.

I catch them, I keep them, but I don't battle with them. But it's not because I consider it cheating or anything. It's just that by the time I get them, I already have a full team. Plus, I have a tendency to like regular Pokémon more than legendary Pokémon. The only Pokémon I would consider using on my team are Mewtwo, Mew, Latios, Latias, Jirachi and Meloetta.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast