View Poll Results: Do you use legendaries for finishing the game?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 22.45%
  • No

38 77.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use legendaries?

No, I try not to because that would be reductive imo. The obvious exception being in Black and White where we're forced to use Reshiram/Zekrom to beat N and Ghetsis.

Nope. Makes the games easier than they already are.
    Firered Team:

Emerald Team this run:

Black 2 Team:

Boy do I want my HG I lost twice back

Depends. Do I like the legendary?

My first game, Diamond, I ended up keeping Dialga on my team. Why? Because he's one of (relatively) few pokemon I like. It did feel a little like cheating but at the same time...He was still fair game.

In SoulSilver, I kept Lugia on my team, more as back up so I didn't have to train up pokemon I didn't like. I already had Typhlosian, Nidoking, and Pidgeot as my main three, and there weren't many others I liked. I was saving using Umbreon for Black 2 - I didn't want to get bored of using him in SS. So Lugia was sort of backup then.

I definitely cheated in Black 2 though! I used Genesect right away. Even though he didn't even listen to me all the time because of his level, he still OHKOed a lot of pokemon until I could find ones I wanted to use (like Riolu and Growlithe). After that, he made a good backup member, simply because he started at level 15.

And then I used Zekrom. I guess I replaced Genesect with him. He was mainly my flyer, and that's what I made Zekrom since I didn't really like Genesect, but I think Zekrom looks awesome. So Zekrom was sort of backup vsing the E4.

Since there are only a handful of pokemon I like in each Gen (around 10-20), and a lot of times, I want to beat the game asap, I'll use the legendary, though usually just as backup and not the first member of my team.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I have used legendaries as much as possible. Whats not to love?
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

The only legendaries I have ever used on my team were Dialga on Diamond and Latias on Black/White 2. Dialga is the best legendary in my opinion, I absolutely love it
    I multiship a lot
    I am a huge fan of Pokémon, PMMM, Sherlock and all sorts of other things!
    Psst, I don't own the banner^ Credit to tumblr user bennycumbs
    ~Fire type Pokemon Club~ ~Dawn Hikari Fan club~

i love dialga too! i use rayquaza, dialga, giratina, reshiram, and LUGIA!!!

nuf said

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I never honestly use them in the handheld games I just mainly collect them in the handheld games, but sometimes on Pokemon Showdown I'll use them in battles.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I don't use them in-game, bar Zekrom for that one battle. Sometimes I use them competitively, but only if they balance out weak Pokemon on my team

i use rayquaza because of all the types of moves he can learn, making it my " trump card", so to speak.

Yes, I usually do use legendaries. It makes the game easier for me when I get near the end and things start getting tough. I don't battle competitively, so there's no situation I'm in where they're banned. And besides, they tend to be cool-looking.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

no, usually when i restart games now, i use pokemon that i wouldn't normally think of using to make new bonds with that species.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Yep. If I like the Pokemon, I use it regardless of stats. In fact, two of my favorites are legendaries.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Officially:

Groudon and Rayquaza from Ruby—both are Lv. 100 all-stars
    Entei, Raikou, Suicune in Colosseum
    Victini in White-1—another all-star
    Keldeo in White-2 postgame (later halted)
    Probably Moltres in a current Leaf Green run.

Pretty much everything else ever was boxed.

Dialga and Giratina on Daimond.
    Giratina on Platinum.
    Ho-oh on HeartGold.(For a little while)
    Lugia and Zapdos on SoulSilver.(For a little while)
    Reshiram on Black.(For N and Ghetis)
    Meloetta and Black Kyurem on Black 2.(For a little while)
    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus] : [Aeon]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Competitive use only and usually with a first time ever capture post game for a bit.

Nope-I wish the legendary battles were more challenging and enjoyable though.

I personally prefer the satisfaction of sweeping my opponent's team with a pichu, rather than picking up a cheap victory with a Lugia: it doesn't feel as deserved as the latter,and just makes enemies of opponents.

The ubers tier reamins enjoyable, however.Raw power vs raw power-what's to hate?

@Macklin-Giratina's easily one of the best legendaries out there!
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 13th April 2013 at 10:54 PM.

Yeah I ev train them and use them for fun. Maybe if somebody wants to have a Uber battle I will use them. I always use Terrakion and most trio legends though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12