View Poll Results: Do you use legendaries for finishing the game?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 22.45%
  • No

38 77.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use legendaries?

No, I try not to because that would be reductive imo. The obvious exception being in Black and White where we're forced to use Reshiram/Zekrom to beat N and Ghetsis.

Nope. Makes the games easier than they already are.
    Firered Team:

Emerald Team this run:

Black 2 Team:

Boy do I want my HG I lost twice back

Depends. Do I like the legendary?

My first game, Diamond, I ended up keeping Dialga on my team. Why? Because he's one of (relatively) few pokemon I like. It did feel a little like cheating but at the same time...He was still fair game.

In SoulSilver, I kept Lugia on my team, more as back up so I didn't have to train up pokemon I didn't like. I already had Typhlosian, Nidoking, and Pidgeot as my main three, and there weren't many others I liked. I was saving using Umbreon for Black 2 - I didn't want to get bored of using him in SS. So Lugia was sort of backup then.

I definitely cheated in Black 2 though! I used Genesect right away. Even though he didn't even listen to me all the time because of his level, he still OHKOed a lot of pokemon until I could find ones I wanted to use (like Riolu and Growlithe). After that, he made a good backup member, simply because he started at level 15.

And then I used Zekrom. I guess I replaced Genesect with him. He was mainly my flyer, and that's what I made Zekrom since I didn't really like Genesect, but I think Zekrom looks awesome. So Zekrom was sort of backup vsing the E4.

Since there are only a handful of pokemon I like in each Gen (around 10-20), and a lot of times, I want to beat the game asap, I'll use the legendary, though usually just as backup and not the first member of my team.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

★★Current Shiny Hunts★★
    -Lairon, Boldore; Black 2 (Clay Tunnel): 1,800 REs
    -Ralts, Roselia (Day); Abra, Starly, Shinx (Night); Platinum (Route 209 - Day; Route 203 - Night): 900 REs
    -Voltorb, Quagsire; HeartGold (Route 10): 22,100 REs

★Side Shiny hunts★
    -Charmander; HeartGold (Pallet Town): 5,000 SRs
    -Chimchar; Platinum (Route 201): 8,100 SRs

I have used legendaries as much as possible. Whats not to love?
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

The only legendaries I have ever used on my team were Dialga on Diamond and Latias on Black/White 2. Dialga is the best legendary in my opinion, I absolutely love it
    I multiship a lot
    I am a huge fan of Pokémon, PMMM, Sherlock and all sorts of other things!
    Psst, I don't own the banner^ Credit to tumblr user bennycumbs
    ~Fire type Pokemon Club~ ~Dawn Hikari Fan club~

i love dialga too! i use rayquaza, dialga, giratina, reshiram, and LUGIA!!!

nuf said

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I never honestly use them in the handheld games I just mainly collect them in the handheld games, but sometimes on Pokemon Showdown I'll use them in battles.
    Happy 20th Anniversary Pokemon!

My 3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

I don't use them in-game, bar Zekrom for that one battle. Sometimes I use them competitively, but only if they balance out weak Pokemon on my team

i use rayquaza because of all the types of moves he can learn, making it my " trump card", so to speak.

Yes, I usually do use legendaries. It makes the game easier for me when I get near the end and things start getting tough. I don't battle competitively, so there's no situation I'm in where they're banned. And besides, they tend to be cool-looking.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

no, usually when i restart games now, i use pokemon that i wouldn't normally think of using to make new bonds with that species.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Yep. If I like the Pokemon, I use it regardless of stats. In fact, two of my favorites are legendaries.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Officially:

Groudon and Rayquaza from Ruby—both are Lv. 100 all-stars
    Entei, Raikou, Suicune in Colosseum
    Victini in White-1—another all-star
    Keldeo in White-2 postgame (later halted)
    Probably Moltres in a current Leaf Green run.

Pretty much everything else ever was boxed.

Dialga and Giratina on Daimond.
    Giratina on Platinum.
    Ho-oh on HeartGold.(For a little while)
    Lugia and Zapdos on SoulSilver.(For a little while)
    Reshiram on Black.(For N and Ghetis)
    Meloetta and Black Kyurem on Black 2.(For a little while)
    Yellow:

Competitive use only and usually with a first time ever capture post game for a bit.

Nope-I wish the legendary battles were more challenging and enjoyable though.

I personally prefer the satisfaction of sweeping my opponent's team with a pichu, rather than picking up a cheap victory with a Lugia: it doesn't feel as deserved as the latter,and just makes enemies of opponents.

The ubers tier reamins enjoyable, however.Raw power vs raw power-what's to hate?

@Macklin-Giratina's easily one of the best legendaries out there!
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 13th April 2013 at 9:54 PM.

3926 - 5813 - 3943

Yeah I ev train them and use them for fun. Maybe if somebody wants to have a Uber battle I will use them. I always use Terrakion and most trio legends though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12