Thread: Who Is The Best Pokemon To Recruit Kecleon?

Default Who Is The Best Pokemon To Recruit Kecleon?

In Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky, Kecleon has a -49.5% base recruitment rate. To have any shot at recruiting him, you'd need a Pokemon at level 90-100 with the Golden Mask or Amber Tear, and the Fast Friend IQ skill. This amounts to a .5% recruitment rate, or 1 in 200.

The Pokemon needs to be in the IQ Group B or H to be able to learn Fast Friend.

So, with that said, which Pokemon would you recommend leveling up and teaching Fast Friend to in order to recruit Kecleon?
    Last edited by ReclusiveDemon; 11th July 2012 at 5:39 AM.
    Pokemon Black FC: 1507-7871-6779

Overgrown Forest, Apple Woods, Midnight Forest, etc. are good places to find Kecleon.
    You already know what you need to have a chance to get it. (It's still 1/200, but it's higher than R/B)

Let's see... do you have Jirachi? Jirachi resists most of Kecleon's attacks. (I think Shadow Claw is the only one it doesn't)
    It's on Final Maze 23F.

Now for the items...
    Just bring enough Evasion Orbs, reviver seeds, etc. I used a One-Room Orb to recruit Kecleon, and it worked fine.
    Did you know: Lopunny is based off a playboy bunny.

What moves do you teach it?

Psychic is a must.
    Optional moves are:
    Thunderbolt when battling multiple Kecleon.
    Flash Cannon or Charge Beam for corners, etc. Flash cannon has more power, but charge beam may rise your Sp. Atk.
    Rest in case your HP goes down and you don't have any oran berries anymore. Make sure you don't use it in front of 15 Kecleon.
    Protect can be used if the Kecleon get on your nerves.

Otherwise, you could just use some attacks you like to use, and hit hard.

Note that Serence Grace helps a lot here:
    Water Pulse gets more confusion chance
    Charge Beam has a higher chance of raising Sp. atk
    Thunderbolt paralyzes more
    ...I think you can see it now.
    Did you know: Lopunny is based off a playboy bunny.

I use my Lv.100 Machamp to smash keckleons into the next world. Still haven't actually recruited one though :L
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I use my Lv.100 Machamp to smash keckleons into the next world. Still haven't actually recruited one though :L
    Well, Machamp can't recruit them anyway.

Even at level 100, my starter and partner can only knock out a few before they mob us. I need to stock up on Violent Seeds.

Try this:
    Meganium
    Lv 100
    Item: Golden Mask
    Moves
    Solerbeam
    Earthquake
    Synthesis
    (filler)

Rucksack
    Sunny Orb, Mobile Orb, golden apples x10, reviver seed x20, Huge apples x20, escape orb

Strategy use a sunny orb when you find the shop and then use a mobile orb then use earthquake, Solerbeam etc.. Then when you recruit one RUN.

Try this it should help.
    Last edited by Chingchar; 1st August 2012 at 2:59 PM.

Do Kekelone have obove normal stats, because it seems lvl 100 cant do much to them.....

Oh, so THAT's why I haven't recruited one yet....Really, I've just been using Trawl Orbs at the stairs, and then waiting for them. I've used so many Proteins, Irons, stuff like that, that I've got a pretty formidable team. My only problem is that I'm using Feraligatr, Sceptile, and Absol, so I won't be recruiting them any time soon...
    Generic Signiture. Woopee..

Default Mew

Obtain Mew and feed it gummis until it learns Fast Friend, then teach it a cycle of super efective moves. (Fire, Water, Grass) Then run in with a Golden Mask and a Violent Seed and you should have one in no time! (Not realy, Lv 100, Fast Friend, and Golden Mask only gives a 1 in 200 chance of recruiting, so try to be patiant) GOOD LUCK! Your gonna need it... .___.
    Looking for shinies. Willing to trade a MAGIKARP shiny with hacked move set and Lv.100 Moves: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Judgment, Draco-meteor. If you wanna trade PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiveDemon View Post
    Well, Machamp can't recruit them anyway.

Even at level 100, my starter and partner can only knock out a few before they mob us. I need to stock up on Violent Seeds.
    It can, but only in RB.

It's harder there, but bizzarely in there I managed on my first try ._. Yeah. A one ina thousand chance. I don't even try, and I get it. TWICE IN A ROW THEY ASK TO JOIN.

That was bizzare, really.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It can, but only in RB.

It's harder there, but bizzarely in there I managed on my first try ._. Yeah. A one ina thousand chance. I don't even try, and I get it. TWICE IN A ROW THEY ASK TO JOIN.

That was bizzare, really.
    I beat SOOOOO many of them and not a Single one asked me if they could join our team!

I used Mew ( Barrier + Amnesia Linked Combination ) with Maximum Stats ( 999 HP, 255 in other Stats. Yes, I really maxed them out, as Mew is my favourite Pokemon )
    to defeat lots of them. However, I failed to make any of them join, despite Mew having Maximum IQ...

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Any Pokemon with Fast Friend should do it! Attach a Golden Mask, too. But it's still going to be hard with that recruit rate not even getting down far.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.