Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Community POTW #119

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,225

    Default Community POTW #119

    Time for the next Pokémon of the Week. This time we have a classic



    It's Jynx, the classic Ice/Psychic Pokémon. It's capable of a decent amount.

    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/124.shtml

    Go nuts

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    where?
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Jynx@Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    Nature: Timid
    8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Ice Beam / Blizzard
    -Substitute
    -Nasty Plot
    -Lovely Kiss

    This is Jynx's best set. Force something out and sub, put something to sleep, and boost. Use blizzard on a hail team, it 2HKO's the defensive snowflake @+4 after rocks which is awesome.
    Last edited by waffle_x_v; 7th April 2013 at 2:09 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    Jynx@Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    Nature: Timid
    8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Ice Beam / Blizzard
    -Substitute
    -Nasty Plot
    -Lovely Kiss

    This is Jynx's best set. Force something out and sub, put something to sleep, and boost. Use blizzard on a hail team, it 2HKO's the defensive snowflake @+4 after rocks which is awesome.
    And if you make it to +6, Ice resistances don't matter. You can practically 1 or 2HKO the whole tier. xD

    I use that set in OU with Politoed.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 7th April 2013 at 4:01 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Ability: Forewarn
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves: Ice Beam, Psyshock, Lovely Kiss, Dream Eater
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    This person has been wanting an evolution for quite some time.

    Jynx@ Life Orb
    Timid
    Dry Skin
    252 Speed 252 Sp attack 4 HP
    Nasty Plot
    Ice Beam
    Psychic/Psyshock
    Focus Blast/Lovely Kiss

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Let me heal you with a kiss

    Jynx @ Choice Scarf/Specs
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 SAtk/Spd
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    Moves: Ice Beam, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball/Focus Blast

    Ice Beam for a consisten STAB, Psyshock to hurt the pink blobs, Shadow Ball for coverage against ghost pokes, and Energy Ball for the pesky bulky Water/Ground types, Focus blast for Steel types, at your choice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Jynx is the ugliest Pokemon ever. Seriously. When a new game comes out, I pray that this abomination of nature does not get an evolution. If it does, all computers will cease to function and cause blackouts.
    Aesthetics aside, Jynx's capabilities in combat are above average. She's not a stellar Pokemon by any stretch of the imagination. It's easy to see why. The first problem is her stats. Base 115 special attack is nice, but base 95 speed just doesn't cut it anymore. Paired with poor HP and defense stats, Jynx won't be able to do much. This leads to problem 2: type and weaknesses. As an ice type, Jynx will take 25% damage from Stealth Rock. In addition, she has weaknesses to fire, steel, and rock. As a psychic type, Jynx is weak to Pursuit. Throw in heavy exposure to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and priority moves and Jynx's short lifespan gets even shorter. The last (and biggest) problem is competition. Toxicroak is a far superior Dry Skin abuser to counter rain teams. As a beatstick on hail teams, Kyurem reigns supreme.
    Is there anything that makes Jynx worth using? Yes. Jynx has access to a large-ish movepool with Nasty Plot and her signature move Lovely Kiss. These moves allow Jynx to hit harder than Kyurem while allowing safe stat boosting. Jynx can also PerishTrap, and has access to Wish, though if that's what you are using Jynx for, than you need to rework your tactics. Honestly, Nasty Plot and Lovely Kiss is what makes Jynx usable. There are much better Nasty Plot abusers (Azelf, Porygon-Z, Ninetales, Mew, Slowking, Houndoom, Shiftry, Honchkrow, Lucario, Zoroark, even Pikachu are some examples) and superior status spreaders (Whimsicott, Breloom, Sableye). For the combo, put on a pair of sunglasses and hope that that's what you need to not go blind from Jynx's hideous appearance as you send it into battle.
    I claim Buizel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North west of London
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 SpA
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Moveset:
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast / Substitute

    Yeah, calm mind the maube a substitute, then the rest to destroy.
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

    If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.



    If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tough luck, stalker.
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Here's a title that I found somewhere:

    I'm an independent Pokemon
    And I don't need no Trainer

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Pros: Special Stats, Speed, Dry Skin Ability, Large Movepool
    Cons: Physical Stats, HP, 6 Weaknesses (5 commonly used) including Rock, Dry Skin is a DW Ability, Forewarn and Oblivious are near-completely useless Abilities, Movepool isn't too diverse despite the size, Movepool is full of useless/underpowered/Physical Moves, Base 95 isn't great for Speed these days, requires support for it to get any use out of Dry Skin Ability

    Jynx has seen little use from Gen I and it's not showing a lot of improvement...if at all. Outclassed in many areas it excels in, outdated in its Movepool, and outright unpopular when it comes to building a Team.

    One of the first five Ice Types that wasn't a Water Type or a Legendary Pokemon...and one of the last you'd expect to be a problem - Jynx can be annoying as well as hard-hitting. Lovely Kiss, Toxic, Skill Swap, Sweet Kiss, Magic Coat, and Perish Song can be downright detrimental to your opponent if played right. However, Jynx's drawbacks far outweigh its benefits. Still...if you can catch someone off guard with a Jynx, they may remember it for a long time to come.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    where?
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Lol Jynx was OU in Gen 1 , fyi. It's not outclassed by anything, it's viable in practically every tier.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Citadark Isle
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Jynx@leftovers
    Timid
    252spa/252spe/4hp
    Dry skin
    Lovely kiss
    substitute
    Nasty Plot
    Ice beam

    This set is a very effective set in RU i personally havnt tested it in OU however due to how it is able to defeat RU teams with few problems i feel it is worth a shot

    Lovely kiss is a fairly inaccurate sleep inducing move which can let jynx easily set up.Sub is to allow jynx to get an extra use of one of its other 3 moves. Nasty plot is to increase its offensive prowess. Ice beam is a powerful stab which sadly is resited by some commong types.

    Support:
    Rain support is a must for this set in OU as it allows jynx to heal off subs in only 2 turns.
    Hazard support: Always helps when using a lower tier mon
    Spin support: Jynx will take 50% from rocks + 3 spikes which really ruins it.
    Sleep support/Baton pass: Both of these make jynx job uch easier not that it cant boost or put the opponent to sleep but if something can do it better why not have it assist.


    Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    The standard sets of Subsitute, Nasty Plot, and such give Jynx a horrible movepool. This is a much more offensive set that gives Jynx perfect coverage and can serve much better in fast-paced battles. Dry Skin saves it from nasty Scalds and those ever-common Slowkings.

    Jynx@Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    Nature: Timid
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spe; 4 SpD
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Grass Knot

    Ice Beam blasts away Nidoqueen, Psychic deals with it, too, but can also KO Poliwrath, which is receiving a boom in usage because of hail teams. Focus Blast hurts Steelix, while Grass Knot is Jynx's strongest choice against Defensive Slowking, 3HKOing.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    A.. Jynx.. OU in GenI.. Why? Because Jynx was trčs Psychique in GenI.. And had good stat aligning stabs and speed at the time.

    A.. Jynx.. NU in GenV.. Why? Because a bucketload of weaknesses and literally falling behind its GenMates in almost every department. Electabuzz, Scyther, Poliwhirl, Porygon, Onix, etc getting better evolutions, certain 'mons getting the utmost benefit from the Physical/Special-split *cough*Gyarados/Gengar*cough, and almost everything not named Mr Mime, Farfetch'd or Seaking (shudders) becoming better over the years.

    That being said, I tried to get the trade done in my more recent playthrough's of Red, but I always end up getting an Exeggutor as my main Psychic-type for some reason..

    Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    The standard sets of Subsitute, Nasty Plot, and such give Jynx a horrible movepool. This is a much more offensive set that gives Jynx perfect coverage and can serve much better in fast-paced battles. Dry Skin saves it from nasty Scalds and those ever-common Slowkings.

    Jynx@Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    Nature: Timid
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spe; 4 SpD
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Grass Knot

    Ice Beam blasts away Nidoqueen, Psychic deals with it, too, but can also KO Poliwrath, which is receiving a boom in usage because of hail teams. Focus Blast hurts Steelix, while Grass Knot is Jynx's strongest choice against Defensive Slowking, 3HKOing.
    The thing is, that faspaced battles are no place for a Jynx to come into. Base95 is decent, but if the pace is fast, then 65/35def, SR and almost any attack considering the sheer amount of weaknesses will mean a quick KO. Revenge killing is almost not an option, so the sub-sets get a lot more done, and adjust the game to Jynx' pace.

    That being said, I probably should whine a bit more about Focus Miss being a hazard to any user.. :'(
    Last edited by Locormus; 8th April 2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    A.. Jynx.. OU in GenI.. Why? Because Jynx was trčs Psychique in GenI.. And had good stat aligning stabs and speed at the time.

    A.. Jynx.. NU in GenV.. Why? Because a bucketload of weaknesses and literally falling behind its GenMates in almost every department. Electabuzz, Scyther, Poliwhirl, Porygon, Onix, etc getting better evolutions, certain 'mons getting the utmost benefit from the Physical/Special-split *cough*Gyarados/Gengar*cough, and almost everything not named Mr Mime, Farfetch'd or Seaking (shudders) becoming better over the years.

    That being said, I tried to get the trade done in my more recent playthrough's of Red, but I always end up getting an Exeggutor as my main Psychic-type for some reason..



    The thing is, that faspaced battles are no place for a Jynx to come into. Base95 is decent, but if the pace is fast, then 65/35def, SR and almost any attack considering the sheer amount of weaknesses will mean a quick KO. Revenge killing is almost not an option, so the sub-sets get a lot more done, and adjust the game to Jynx' pace.

    That being said, I probably should whine a bit more about Focus Miss being a hazard to any user.. :'(
    Even in fast-paced battles, Jynx still can take a few special hits with its decent base 95 SpDef, and it wont be coming into attacks, anyway. The point of this set is mainly to hit pokes that they think can come in safely because of the prediction of the SubPlot set.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wheresville
    Posts
    9

    Default

    jynx is back in nu now and its really threatening. i though munchlax would be a great counter because it has really big special defense with the evolite and has rest and sleep talk so it doesnt care so much about lovely kiss, but then i got beat by a jynx with psyshock and it swept my team. i stole that set and started using it and it looks like this.

    jynx, life orb
    timid, 4 hp, 252 spatk, 252 speed
    dry skin
    -nasty plot
    -lovely kiss
    -ice beam
    -psyshock

    the tricky part is getting rid of steel types and setting up because jynx is frail and has many weaknesses, but lovely kiss helps you get free turns. after nasty plot you beat lots of pokemon and psyshock is specifically for those stupid munchlax, especially if you lure one in and then kill it and sweep your opponent's team.
    it's not that i have bad grammar, it's just that the shift keys on my laptop don't always work, so it's easier to just not capitalize stuff. sorry if that makes my posts hard to read.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    smoochum little cup set

    Item -Choice scarf /choice specs
    Ability-hydration
    Ice beam-stab attack
    Psyshock/psychic-stab attack
    Shadow ball-type-to deal with ghosts that are not part poison
    Trick-this set can’t do much against steels so here is an option

    Other options
    Forewarn-hydration is better imo but this can be useful
    Nasty plot-booast attack but i doubt it would get the time to use it
    Hidden power fire/fighting-could work in place of trick or shadow ball depending on needs. Useful against steel types
    Blizzard-less accurate than ice beam with hails support a decent option
    Wish-there are other pokemon that do it better but this is an option
    Grass knot- a decent move but not too much it can be used on in lc
    Toxic-a wasted moveslot but i suppose you could do this
    Perish song-an option with entry hazards to build up passive damage

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Forewarn w/ Mental Herb/Life Orb
    Modest w/ 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Defense
    Psychic/Psyshock
    Blizzard/Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast/Energy Ball/Signal Beam

    Partners
    Abomasnow/Hail-users if Blizzard is used.
    Reflect-users

    Countering
    High Attack and Sp Defense with Fire/Bug/Rock/Ghost/Dark/Steel-type moves like Dusknoir, Ferrothorn, Gallade, Scrafty, Flareon, Snorlax, Spritomb, Escavaleir, Tyranitar, or Gyarados.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 14th April 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    School
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Countering Jynx: Magmortar should get a mention for one good reason, Vital Spirit. Since all Jynx carry Lovely Kiss and more Jynx carry an Ice move over a Psychic move, Magmortar can wall Jynx if it's the Lovely Kiss, Nasty Plot, Substitute, Ice Beam set, and hit back for a super effective, STAB Fire Blast/Flamethrower. Insomnia Honchkrow with Sucker Punch can do the job too, just beware of Ice moves. Sucker Punch in general really just screws Jynx over, hitting her abysmal 35 base Defense Stat. If it's faster and carries physical moves, it's a counter. Lovely Kiss is Jynx's only selling point, and is really easy to get around. Pursuit users are excellent too, speaking of which, Houndoom resists both of Jynx's STABs, has Early Bird (halving time it's asleep) and has a respectable base 90 Attack, that's more than enough to maul Jynx. Houndoom must be wary of Focus Blast, but if it Sucker Punches Jynx before then it's golden. Priority destroys the thing... Bullet Punch especially. Being weak/hit to all forms of entry hazards cuts it's life too... Man, Jynx is weak...
    If you like this, see this and much more at...

    http://superartninja.deviantart.com/# - Deviant Art Profile


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Dry Skin may seem like a blessing for the HP Recovery from Water Moves and Rain, but consider that it increases Jynx's Weakness to Fire. Even then, it's a far better option than Oblivious and has far more utility than Forewarn - if you know the usual Movesets and can't-really-use-this-Pokemon-without-their-bread-and-butter Moves for certain Pokemon, you'll already know their strongest Moves and how they can screw Jynx over.

    Bullet Punch is a very notable Anti-Jynx Move and many users will have STAB, Technician, Iron Fist, and/or huge Attack stats to use it. Sucker Punch+Insomnia/Vital Spirit is another Anti-Jynx combo, protecting from Lovely Kiss with the Ability and gaining Priority over Jynx's offense with Sucker Punch. Speaking of Priority, Jynx's Base 95 Speed allows 105 Pokemon (not counting every Arceus Type, but with every alternate form for other Pokemon) to outrun it and 25 other Pokemon (aside from other Jynx) to Speed-tie it, many of which carry large Attack Stats and/or STAB on Jynx's weaknesses.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  21. #21

    Default

    I remember making that RMT a long time ago about an OU team I had made with Jynx in Rain, and it was amazing. Jynx ended up being the MVP in over half the matches. All I needed was for Lovely Kiss to actually hit late game and it was smooth sailing from there.

    Jynx @ Leftovers
    Trait: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    -Lovely Kiss
    -Substitute
    -Nasty Plot
    -Ice Beam

    Play smart with this thing in Rain and it just never dies. Seriously. You get 3/16 of your health back every turn, so it's easy to stall out dangerous moves such as Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball and Terrakion's Stone Edge / Close Combat just by spamming Substitute. Once you get a Nasty Plot or two, go to town with Ice Beam. It's amazing just how strong Jynx can get with some Nasty Plot boosts. Even offensive Heatran is easily 3HKO'd at +6 by a move it 4x resists, and Jynx even has a shot at 2HKOing it if it has taken any significant damage over the course of the match. So yeah, try this thing out. For real.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I remember making that RMT a long time ago about an OU team I had made with Jynx in Rain, and it was amazing. Jynx ended up being the MVP in over half the matches. All I needed was for Lovely Kiss to actually hit late game and it was smooth sailing from there.

    Jynx @ Leftovers
    Trait: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    -Lovely Kiss
    -Substitute
    -Nasty Plot
    -Ice Beam

    Play smart with this thing in Rain and it just never dies. Seriously. You get 3/16 of your health back every turn, so it's easy to stall out dangerous moves such as Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball and Terrakion's Stone Edge / Close Combat just by spamming Substitute. Once you get a Nasty Plot or two, go to town with Ice Beam. It's amazing just how strong Jynx can get with some Nasty Plot boosts. Even offensive Heatran is easily 3HKO'd at +6 by a move it 4x resists, and Jynx even has a shot at 2HKOing it if it has taken any significant damage over the course of the match. So yeah, try this thing out. For real.
    Playing a Substitute-stall set with Jynx has one major problem, but few Pokemon can actually exploit it: Rock Blast. The only Pokemon with enough Speed to actually exploit it, however, is Cinccino. Even then, 'cino has to get into Jynx safely and not get hammered in that Base 60 Sp.Def. Without a Speed advantage, the only others worth trying are Steel Types (Steelix, Bastiodon, and Probopass, but they either have too low Sp.Def - Steelix - or low Attack - Bastiodon & Probopass - to survive long enough to chip Jynx down to nothing) and Cloyster (which, despite Base 45 Sp.Def, quad-resists Ice Beam, allowing it to get some footing against Jynx if it can get in before too many uses of Nasty Plot).

    Even then, Rain doesn't last forever, so Jynx also has to finish the job ASAP when setting up. Not too much of a problem with Nasty Plot and that Sp.Atk, but Physical chipping hurts her a lot...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Playing a Substitute-stall set with Jynx has one major problem, but few Pokemon can actually exploit it: Rock Blast. The only Pokemon with enough Speed to actually exploit it, however, is Cinccino. Even then, 'cino has to get into Jynx safely and not get hammered in that Base 60 Sp.Def. Without a Speed advantage, the only others worth trying are Steel Types (Steelix, Bastiodon, and Probopass, but they either have too low Sp.Def - Steelix - or low Attack - Bastiodon & Probopass - to survive long enough to chip Jynx down to nothing) and Cloyster (which, despite Base 45 Sp.Def, quad-resists Ice Beam, allowing it to get some footing against Jynx if it can get in before too many uses of Nasty Plot).

    Even then, Rain doesn't last forever, so Jynx also has to finish the job ASAP when setting up. Not too much of a problem with Nasty Plot and that Sp.Atk, but Physical chipping hurts her a lot...
    You only try to stall with Substitute if you need to (i.e. you're opponent is trying to break you with Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball or something and you can easily run out the PP on it). Besides, Rock Blast is very rare in OU. Cloyster is the only common user of it, and you probably aren't going to want to stay in on it anyways unless you already have a Nasty Plot or two under your belt.

    Also, this is an OU set, so Rain pretty much does last forever as long as you can win the weather war. Heck, about 2/3 of the time you're either facing a non-weather or Rain team and you don't even need to worry about winning the weather war.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    You only try to stall with Substitute if you need to (i.e. you're opponent is trying to break you with Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball or something and you can easily run out the PP on it). Besides, Rock Blast is very rare in OU. Cloyster is the only common user of it, and you probably aren't going to want to stay in on it anyways unless you already have a Nasty Plot or two under your belt.

    Also, this is an OU set, so Rain pretty much does last forever as long as you can win the weather war. Heck, about 2/3 of the time you're either facing a non-weather or Rain team and you don't even need to worry about winning the weather war.
    True. Very true. Jynx is on a rather simple, yet steep learning curve both in using and taking out. If using it, you have to either know your stuff or get very lucky and if facing it, you have to pray the opponent doesn't. Dry Skin Jynx does get screwed by both Sandstorm and Strong Sun conditions, but you'll have to know what to do or pay a heavy price in attrition, again, in both using and fighting against Jynx.

    It's not a particularly spectacular or flashy Pokemon (after all, it is from Gen I), but Jynx gets its job done admirably. After all, it has solid, but not overly-spectacular stats and decent, but not great Abilities. Truly a work of a strategist both to use one properly and take one out with little penalty.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

    Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    True. Very true. Jynx is on a rather simple, yet steep learning curve both in using and taking out. If using it, you have to either know your stuff or get very lucky and if facing it, you have to pray the opponent doesn't. Dry Skin Jynx does get screwed by both Sandstorm and Strong Sun conditions, but you'll have to know what to do or pay a heavy price in attrition, again, in both using and fighting against Jynx.

    It's not a particularly spectacular or flashy Pokemon (after all, it is from Gen I), but Jynx gets its job done admirably. After all, it has solid, but not overly-spectacular stats and decent, but not great Abilities. Truly a work of a strategist both to use one properly and take one out with little penalty.
    She's not that difficult to use. You send her in after something has died, preferably on something she can threaten. Then, you can either Lovely Kiss it immediately, or Substitute as they switch, and then Lovely Kiss. Then use Nasty Plot, and start sweeping. This isn't something ridiculously difficult to pull off like Bellyzard or something. :/

    It also isn't hard to take out either. A number of things can outspeed it, and take it out once something has been put to sleep. Such as Jirachi, Scizor using Bullet Punch, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •