Thread: Rate & Help My SoulSilver Team (incl. HMs) -- Going to Pokémon League!

Default Rate & Help My SoulSilver Team (incl. HMs) -- Going to Pokémon League!

So, how's my team while I'm getting to face the Elite Four? Any suggestions? Especially counter move ideas against different types much appreciated!

I really only have what the game can grant me since I haven't used WiFi with this save. I won't replace HMs in this save either -- sorry! It's all good as far as my team has them though; no matter who has.

Meganium, lvl. 44 (Miracle Seed; is BrightPowder any good? Any other ideas? His Petal Dance is strong enough as it is.)
    Hardy
    - Cut
    - Synthesis (-> Aromatherapy)
    - Petal Dance
    - Iron Tail

My starter. Kinda don't like the Iron Tail as it certainly doesn't appear to be a base power 100 move at the hands (or, well, tail) of my Meganium. I had Natural Gift on that slot before, but that was kinda sucky too as it consumes so many berries and even the super effective moves weren't that miraculous. Nature is meh too; could be better.

Starmie, lvl. 42 (Magnet; will change to NeverMeltIce against Lance)
    Quiet
    - Swift (-> Psychic as I'll get the TM)
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

So I know this is a kind of generic competitive Starmie build. Or at least it was years ago. I've never raised this kind (or any kind) of Starmie before, but it seems to absolutely rock in the game! It seems to OHKO almost everyone it faces, and it can live a super effective move as well. I wish it had a psychic type STAB move...

Pupitar, lvl. 41 (Soft Sand)
    Adamant
    - Thrash
    - Dig
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide

I'm tempted to teach EQ to him, but I think I'll spare the TM and wait for him to learn it by leveling up. Will take time though. Any suggestions? Should I replace Rock Slide with Stone Edge once he learns it? How about Thrash -> Strength when I get Rock Climb, so that Slave the Red Gyarados could forget Strength and learn the final HM?

Dragonair, lvl. 41 (Dragon Fang)
    Brave
    - T-Wave
    - Return
    - Dragon Rush (-> Dragon Claw as it evolves; -> Outrage as it learns it)
    - Waterfall (-> Draco Meteor? Something else? Will be Fly as it evolves, and I'll ditch Crobat from my party.)

So a brutal attacking Nite in the making. T-Wave's still there for the roaming dogs, basically. Any ideas for it? My whole party lacks a fire move, for example, and he doesn't really have an ice counter...

Crobat, lvl. 40 (BlackGlasses)
    Jolly
    - Fly
    - Confuse Ray
    - Poison Fang
    - Bite

Not a big fan of this move set, although it manages. Better ideas for it? I like this Pokémon though; at least it flies me around and always gets the first turn in battles... U-Turn to replace Bite? What good would that do since he already has a psychic type counter that might even flinch the opponent? That could give me a much-needed move to counter dark types, though, while Pupitar would still have his Crunch against psychics...

Gyarados, lvl. 40 (Shell Bell)
    Bashful
    - Strength
    - Waterfall
    - Rock Smash
    - Whirlpool

As you might imagine, my HM slave here. Still he's a brute fighter and endures some tough beating as well. Might have to teach her Rock Climb to replace Strength once I'll get it.

I'm most worried on how to deal with ice, dark and psychic types.

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Some others I'm thinking of training. Something like:

Ninetales
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Extrasensory

Blissey
    - Hyper Beam / Protect / Screen
    - Toxic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Softboiled

Heracross
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat / Brick Break
    - Horn Attack / smth
    - Aerial Ace

Forretress
    - Bug Bite
    - Payback
    - Mirror Shot
    - Spikes

Snorlax
    - Facade
    - Rollout
    - Crunch
    - Focus Punch

I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(

So, no help? Well, got through Pokémon League with relative ease anyway. Crobat was awesome! To my surprise it was her who sunk Lance's Dragonite (plural :P) and many of the other harder Pokémon in the way. It even lived an Outrage, to my absolute amazement!

Well, now the levels are in their 45ish. Starmie knows Psychic -- one of the first things I did in Kanto was to visit Uncle Mr. Psychic's house... That, and I didn't teach U-Turn to Crobat after all. At least not yet. Bite did surprisingly well against the E4, especially Will, of course.

Still anyone at all with ratings, opinions or suggestions?

E: Correction to my future Ninetales build... they cannot learn Dragon Pulse after all, so it will be some other move on that slot.
    Last edited by Golemite; 9th April 2013 at 11:15 PM.