Thread: The Nobles of Honor (5th Gen OU)

Default The Nobles of Honor (5th Gen OU)

The Nobles of Honor!

This team is based upon the Napoleonic Wars time period, and each pokemon serves a unique role in creating a good synergy that took me a few hours to come up with.

Fort Sumter (Forretress) @Red Card
    EVs: 252 HP,252 SpDef , 4 Def
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def –Spe)
    Ability: Sturdy
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Gyro Ball (STAB)

Forts are designed to keep all garrisoned units safe (Yes, my other pokes are inside Forretress). Without the fort, the men will have nothing to defend them, and will not be able to last as long as they would be able to. Forretress provides a good lead and a decent wall, giving Rapid Spin support as well as Stealth Rocks and Spike, the former being the priority. I gave him Gyro Ball so that he isn’t total taunt bait.

Cavalry! (Hydreigon) @Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Nature: Modest (+SpAtk –Atk)
    Ability: Levitate
    -Draco Meteor (STAB)
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Dark Pulse (STAB)

The cavalry serves the army by breaking through other lines and crushing their forces all together, however the cavalry loses much of its power after losing its momentum. Draco Meteor is fairly similar to this process. At first, it gives enemies a run for their money, but after a use, or maybe two, it becomes useless. As soon as Hydreigon loses its “momentum” I must retreat it back into Fort Sumter to be sent out later on in the battle (meaning I will usually send Forretress out to wall incoming ice/bug/fighting attacks. I prefer Flamethrower over Fire Blast as Fire Blast tends to miss. I just can’t stand the fact that the game could be lost over the fact that it misses when I need it the most.

Marksman (Lanturn) @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 Def
    Nature: Modest (+SpAtk –Atk)
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice beam
    -Substitute
    -Scald (STAB)

The marksman, capable of taking out enemies from a distance without getting hurt much themselves. I couldn’t think of a better pokemon for this role other than Lanturn. With a great HP and a decent SpAtk, Lanturn can set up a substitute on a physical attacker after hopefully crippling it with scald, and proceed to sweep. I gave him the bolt beam combo as well as scald so it can do decent damage to every pokemon in the game except Shedinja and other Lanturns.

Knight Swag (Nidoking) @Expert Belt
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe –SpAtk)
    Ability: Sheer Force
    -Earthquake (STAB)
    -Ice Punch (Kills dragons, boosted by Sheer Force)
    -Poison jab (Boosted by Sheer Force, STAB)
    -Fire Punch (Boosted by Sheer Force, deals with Ferrothorn/Forretress)

The knights are heavily armored, but can also dish out a massive attack as well. Along with Sheer Force and STAB, Poison Jab has a whopping 152 base power (if I did the math right). I was debating maxing out speed and making him a sweeper, or raising his defenses to make him bulkier. What do you think I should do? Not much else to say on this power house.

Artillery (Wobuffet) @Leftovers
    Evs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
    Nature: Docile (None)
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    -Counter (Reflect physical attacks)
    -Mirror Coat (Reflect special attacks)
    -Safeguard
    -Destiny bond

The artillery, capable of completely obliterating enemies with a single move. With a massive HP, Wobuffet can easily take hits, but also send them right back into the enemies face, at twice the power. When dealing with the rare, physically attacking ghost, or specially attacking Dark type, Destiny Bond will come in handy. Shadow Tag is great for trapping enemies that have only attacking move, and then sending off an explosive round and watch as they are torn to shreds by quite possibley the most annoying pokemon (at least in the anime).

Dr. Phil (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
    -Heal Bell
    -Wish
    -Mean Look
    -Baton Pass

Pretty much serves as a medic throughout the battle. My only regret about him is that he is total taunt bait. First, I use Mean Look to trap the enemy. Then, I use Heal Bell and/or Wish to help an incoming ally make a safe switch. Depending on what role the enemy plays, is what I will Baton Pass to.
    Frail pokemon on the specially defensive side, the cavalry charges.
    Power houses that have sweeping potential, let the artillery take care of them
    Leads attempting to set up hazards, the marksman will take care of.
    Anything else will be walled by the Fort, for some late game hazards or to Rapid Spin away hazards.

Notes:
    -Umbreon is complete Taunt bait
    -Wobbuffet is walled by Hydreigon
    -Umbreon needs a new name

Edit: If someone could tell me how to upload pictures that would be great.
    Last edited by FrozenTacos; 8th April 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks to Rayquaza The First for the awesome banner~

im new, but maybe i can help.

leftovers is better on forretress because red card is kinda a gimmiky thing. also relaxed nature is a good idea, but you should use defense evs instead of special defense to take outrages and stuff, so i think that would be better. lanturn is nu which i guess doesnt make it bad but you might do better with rotom-w there instead preferably a bulky one with modest and lost of special attack evs. special nidoking is way better than physical because its attacks are so much stronger. also use life orb instead of expert belt since most of your good moves like earth power and flamethrower dont give you life orb recoil anyways because sheer force takes it away. safeguard with wobbafett is okay i guess but try encore since if you encore the right move, you might get a free switch or set up. mean look with baton pass doesnt work in bw so umbreon sort of loses that.

i actually have a cool idea you could try instead of umbreon, and thats a quiver dance venomoth with baton pass. if you use encore wobbafett, then you can help venomoth set up quiver dances and put things to sleep with sleep powder and then if you change nidoking to a special set you can baton pass quiver dance boosts to it and maybe sweep. it would take practice to get it right though.
    it's not that i have bad grammar, it's just that the shift keys on my laptop don't always work, so it's easier to just not capitalize stuff. sorry if that makes my posts hard to read.

For Nidoking, Life Orb is a must instead of Expert Belt.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Thanks for the advice. Without Umbreon, who will heal my team?

Thanks to Rayquaza The First for the awesome banner~