Thread: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

Default To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

We're less than a week away from the new season! Are you excited? Are you full of dread? Post about the new episodes here! This season will apparently focus on The Sisters Arc, previously touched upon in Index.

This is one of the shows I'm looking forward to most, can ever get enough Mikoto.

EDIT: Oh, Toyosaki Aki makes everything better also.

I could listen to Uihara and Haruue have a conversation all day and not get bored.

They've used the whole set up with a bunch of random guys trying to beat up on Mikoto at the start of Index, the first season of Railgun and now this season, and it just doesn't get old.
    Last edited by Sweet May; 24th April 2013 at 6:19 PM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I've no idea whether any of the content in this episode was in the light novel, but I feel like there must have been a board meeting where the staff had to brainstorm how to live up to the scene in the first episode of Railgun where Misaka calmly stood in front of a speeding car before blasting it with her railgun so that it flipped over her head.

So they replace a car with a helicopter, replace standing in front of the vehicle with falling through the air, and have her be upside-down just for extra style points. I don't even care how she managed to flip the coin in that position - I just thought the scene looked so cool.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I thought it was a good way to start the new series

Probably mostly, if not all filler, but they pulled it off great
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

The gang's all back! Great opener, definitely lives up to the last season.

I'm just happy they didn't forget about Haruue and Banri from last season. Having them still in the picture gives the series a sense of continuity.

Edit: Holy crap look what he's reading.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 14th April 2013 at 7:23 AM.

Looks like Misaka is trying to push those worries about cloning to the back of her mind. It was pretty funny how she spent all that money on changing her clothes when she could have got a free pass to the facility had she just walked in wearing her school uniform!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Ah yes, Sister's Arc.
    I have a bad direction of chronological order. In Accelerator still her enemy? Or is he the same character-developed less-of-a-diq Accelerator who cared for Last Order?
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    Ah yes, Sister's Arc.
    I have a bad direction of chronological order. In Accelerator still her enemy? Or is he the same character-developed less-of-a-diq Accelerator who cared for Last Order?
    Accelerator's injury happened after the Sisters Arc in the Index anime, so he doesn't know Last Order yet.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 27th April 2013 at 8:08 PM.

I would seriously watch a spin-off that focused purely on Uiharu and Haruue.

Misaka spending all that money on clothes she is literally going to wear once, when she could have just waltzed in there in her school uniform and th guards would have let her in.
    My Anime List

Man, hearing her talk in third person at the end gave me chills. It happening!

I was kind of hoping for her to walk in on Misaka near the end of the episode but I guess we'll just have to see her in denial a bit longer.

Oh, Saten did a reference to Ashita no Joe right?
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 28th April 2013 at 10:49 PM.

I loved this episode. Misaka and her clone had a lovely sisterly "we only fight because we care" rapport. They did pretty normal things together, but when the clone completed the experiment, it suddenly made that whole meeting of the Misakas feel so special.

Can we talk about how Accelerator just brought the series from this:

Cute girls with some superpowers/slice of life stuff.

To this:

_

That was ****ing brutal.

My Anime List

Mugino might be in.

Since her fight happens before when Touma fights Accelerator.

But I'd like to see Shokuhou in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    "Now, now... perfectly symmetrical violence never solves anything."
    You win the thread.

Spoiler:- The look on my face every time Uiharu and Haruue have a conversation:
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 12th May 2013 at 5:00 PM.
    My Anime List

I'm in love with the Railgun S opening. It's really good. It starts getting awesome around http://youtu.be/kGicolK_VUE?t=56s

18. Default

Any truth to this being created in 1080p and the 720p being native 1080p downscaled to 720p?

Hopefully more anime will be created in 1080p, 2014 is 7 months away.

JC Staff BD rips tend to be 720p and often times the 1080p versions are upscaled rips which pisses people off.

Mikoto, y u no ponytail all the time? Y u only ponytail for like two minutes? Y????????!!!?
    My Anime List

This first episode is okay in my book