Thread: Ghostryder's Team - OU 5th gen

Talking Ghostryder's Team - OU 5th gen

Alright, wasn't sure about the pics for the Pokemon, but here's my team...

Spoiler:- The team...:

So there you go, I've tried it and it's alright, just thought I'd get some opinions on it.
    Last edited by ghostryder1995; 8th April 2013 at 5:45 AM.
    -----
    PGLink Account: ghostryder1995

Gamebattles (Major League Gaming) ID: ghostryder1995

NWFC Friend Code White 2: 2237 6795 6195 (G-Ryder)

Systems Owned: PC, PS3, WII, DS, PS2

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III(PS3), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood(PS3), Borderlands 2(PS3), Madden 13(PS3), PSAS Battle Royale (PS3), Pokemon White 2 (DS), Pokemon Black 2 (DS)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder1995 View Post
    Alright, wasn't sure about the pics for the Pokemon, but here's my team...

Spoiler:- The team...:

So there you go, I've tried it and it's alright, just thought I'd get some opinions on it.
    Hmmmm... I guess it's decent.

I always found Electivire to be somewhat badass in appearance to me, but yeah, Elektross would probably suit me better. I might end up switching Hydr. with Exploud so I can Uproar with Lucario, so he heals, wakes right up and starts fighting. I was experimenting with Zam's Evs... I took another look at his Def stat and realized there's no use for him other than a fast sweeper with a Focus Sash so he can get at least two hits in. I might scrap the whole Exploud idea and switch *Rest to Dark Pulse of Lucario... any suggestions for replacing Hydr.? I think I want to avoid being a cliche Dragon user maybe a good Fire tank (would Heatran work somehow?). And any ideas on a better Magnezone moveset? I hate to just use STAB moves for him (plus I think I'll replace the berry with an Air Balloon so I can survive an Earthquake.) Maybe swap Gyro Ball w/ Zap Cannon? There isn't much else anyway for it. I'll post an update, should I make a new thread?
    -----
    PGLink Account: ghostryder1995

Gamebattles (Major League Gaming) ID: ghostryder1995

NWFC Friend Code White 2: 2237 6795 6195 (G-Ryder)

Systems Owned: PC, PS3, WII, DS, PS2

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III(PS3), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood(PS3), Borderlands 2(PS3), Madden 13(PS3), PSAS Battle Royale (PS3), Pokemon White 2 (DS), Pokemon Black 2 (DS)

Alright, since some of the advice you were given just now is somewhat flawed, I'll try to fix it and help you, too.
    What was wrong, you ask?
        Spoiler:- Mistakes I saw Ubersuck20 make::

Keep Electivire, but it should have Wild Charge over Thunderpunch for the power. This is the pokemon you want to give the Expert Belt. Trust me.

Lucario is a pokemon made to attack hard and fast. Generally, people take advantage of its movepool, which consists of at least three priority moves (Extreme Speed, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch) and Swords Dance. If you want to go for a Special set, teach it Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Psychic for coverage, with Nasty Plot for more power. As for Rest, drop it. Rest is only for gimmick pokemon who have high HP and Defense. Not for Lucario under any circumstances. If you go for either of those sets, choose an item that boosts either Attack or Special Attack respectively. For the first set I mentioned with the priority moves, make him Adamant. For the second set with the other attacks, make him Timid. These sets are for power and coverage, so choose between one of the two.

I agree with the EV thing. With pokemon like Alakazam, who are good for sweeping, stick to high Speed and Sp. Atk. Also, give it the Life Orb, as it gets the power boost without the HP cost, which is fantastic.

For Gliscor, you'll want to replace Facade or Fling with Ice Fang, for far better coverage. Maybe even add Stone Edge, as it gives perfect coverage to hit every pokemon in the game for at least neutral damage. Up to you.

Hydreigon should be dropped, unless you insist on keeping it, in which case teach it Earth Power, Surf, Fire Blast, and Dragon Pulse (if you want to have him in for a while) or Draco Meteor (for the pure power). Make it Timid, with 252 Sp. Atk and 252 Spd EVs.

On Magnezone, you don't want Swagger. It generally isn't the best move in the world, especially as it could get you killed if the opponent loses the confusion. Try Substitute over that, so you can set it up and survive a hit to boost Analytic. Also, can you get a strong Hidden Power, or is this in-game and too difficult? If you can control the Hidden Power type, aim for Fire for coverage against Steels. As for the item, maybe Leftovers, since you can set up Sub, heal it off, and potentially use it again/continue beating pokemon up with Analytic strikes.

One last thing: Your team is rather weak to Fighting types in general, with four out of six being weak to Fighting and only one that resists the type. Maybe you'll want to switch Hydreigon out for Salamence or Dragonite. Up to you.
    Good luck with your team!

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Changes In Bold!

Electivire @ LeftOvers
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EVs:4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderpunch
    - Rock Slide
    - Cross Chop

Lucario @ LeftOvers

(Doubles) Focus Sash

(Singles)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs:4 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Hasty
    - Aura Sphere
    - Heal Pulse
    - Rest(Doubles) or Dark Pulse (Singles)
    - Detect

Alakazam @ LeftOvers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs:4 Hp/ 222 Def/ 132 SpA/ 150 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Gliscor @ LeftOvers
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 184 HP/ 72 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Fling
    - Swords Dance
    - Facade

Hydreigon @ LeftOvers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpA
    Nature: Lonely
    - U-Turn
    - Aqua Tail
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang

Magnezone @ LeftOvers
    Ability: Analytic
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 SpA
    Nature: Quiet
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Gyro Ball
    - Swagger

Having A Lot Of LeftOvers Means You Will Heal A Lot!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...EFORE-POSTING)

Specifically rule 3, read that, lengthen the descriptions, and send the changes to a mod via PM and this may be reopened