Thread: Red

Default Red

Does anyone else think that they should go back to Red being the main character of the Manga no matter what region? I think it'd be cool to have this dominant trainer go around and become a true Pokemon Master rather than find new characters.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

But Red is still the main char-oh, wait, you meant Pokespe.

No. What's the point of going back to the least interesting Pokedex holder?

That depends on which manga you are talking about. If you mean some other Pokemon manga, then I don't really care what they do.

If you mean PokeSpecial, no way. It would ruin the series for me. I love that each region is not about Gyms and Pokemon Master BS. Red would more or less end up like Ash, a overused character long past his prime and I would probably end up hating Red. The anime does what you asked pretty much, minus the dominant part, but it keeps the same character for every region. If PokeSpecial did this as well, IMO it would not be popular like it is today. One of my fave things to look forward to is the new characters PokeSpecial has to offer. No thanks. I could give many more reasons why I don't want this but it would be far to long. I like when the old Dexholders cameo in the mentor role they have been doing for GSC, and Emerald but full time? Unless it's just for a remake chapter like FRLG or HGSS, no. Let the anime soil itself with that. Pokemon Adventures/PokeSpecial is where new characters can shine.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Hell To No
    i dont want Red turn to Nevergrow Child who keep failed league with reset pikachu
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

I do miss Red and the other Kanto and Johto dex holders, butjust slapping them on wouldn't automatically improve the quality.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I think instead of putting him in the new region, they should every once in a while do new stories via miniseries for each of the older generations.
    I do miss Red though.

No. Nothing against Red, but he's kind of bland. My homeboy Gold should come back and stay the main character. One of the best things about HGSS.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

No, just no. Keep the same character each arc would suck. The reason I love Pokemon special so much is because each arc has a new main character and the previous dex owners would return as side-characters in some arcs. At least we get to see character development each time, because ever arc has a new main character. If you'd keep the same character in each arc, it'll turn out like the anime and the main character wouldn't get any character development and if he would, then it would be only in the first arc. That's not what I want to see, Special would become boring.

Haha when I saw the title of this thread I thought the Red chapter just got released and this was a thread about it...

Isn't that part of Red's appeal in that he knew when to bow out and let other heroes come into the picture?

I may not have been keeping up with the manga at all (it's hard to find complete scantrons, so I stopped mid-way into the Johto arc), but doesn't the manga have continuity (despite just being based off the games)? If it does, I'm sure Red will return at some point in the future for a short time, like probably in the very final battle that the manga might have. It would be interesting to have all the protagonists of their respectable arcs to show up and battle together to save the world or whatnot.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Isn't that part of Red's appeal in that he knew when to bow out and let other heroes come into the picture?

I may not have been keeping up with the manga at all (it's hard to find complete scantrons, so I stopped mid-way into the Johto arc), but doesn't the manga have continuity (despite just being based off the games)? If it does, I'm sure Red will return at some point in the future for a short time, like probably in the very final battle that the manga might have. It would be interesting to have all the protagonists of their respectable arcs to show up and battle together to save the world or whatnot.
    We have a Red/Pika chapter coming next month (I think it's next month) and there's the PWT in B2W2 that may have Red and some other Dexholders as well.

No.

Red has his special limelight, let others (heros of current gens) have theirs.

One difference from the anime I appreciate more, is the fact that the manga moves on and lets us have a new hero. I understand Ash is reused so to keep a certain demo-graph and not confuse kids who start midway. However, I like how the manga seems sooooo much more fresh with new faces, leading to mingling with old heros.

I like how this manga has different protagonists each saga on the one hand, while the anime keeps the same protagonist each saga on the other hand. Each particular thing makes this manga, and the anime series, unique. (Well actually, there's the different set of Pokemon manga series with the talking Clefairy, where the Red of those manga series is still the main human character, but... yeah.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Honestly, that would ruin the manga for me. Red wasn't exactly the best Dex holder (imo), and having him in every region probably wouldn't make him any better... In fact, it would probably make him stale.

Sorry, it's just not a great idea for PokéSpe.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I think no matter Red is good, great, or not. One thing that unique from this manga is many main protagonists, and I like it. Personally even though he is bad*** or Kick***, that(Red as only main male protagonist) would remove one thing that is very unique from this Manga
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

He shouldn't. While he's the 'leader' of all Dex Holders, there are new characters introduced in every arc and the throne should always be passed to one of them. That would hurt Pokéspe bad if he does.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

If, IF, IF by any chance that Red become the continuous protagonist of Pokemon Special, but unlike the anime, Red will not be "reset" after every saga, he has his knowledge and experience carry on to the next region, I will still say No Thank You for this idea.

That is because after the very first region Kanto, Red already accomplish the Kanto Pokemon League and became the champion, so what is the point for him to go beat gym and challenge another Pokemon League in another region? Because he already gain champion-level experience, so watching him challenging Pokemon gyms and league in another region will not be that exciting compare to the first Kanto saga, because battle result is obvious.

The current Pokemon Special with new protagonist in every saga is fine already, I don't want this great manga turn out to be a carboncopy of the plot of the anime. If you want that to happen, I think there was already an manga adaption of the Pokemon anime, with Ash being the recurring protagonist since the first volume.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

The sheer amount of people that refer to PokeSpe as "the manga" in this thread is ridiculous. If you're talking about Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Special, you should refer to it as that and make it apparent that's what you're talking about. PokeSpe isn't the only Pokemon comic out there, specify what you're talking about. You don't see people calling DBZ "the fighting anime" or Pokemon "the monster game."

....Anyway, no. Red is kinda the least interesting Dex Holder in personality, I don't think he's boring, I actually think he's really entertaining, but I'm not sure how long his personality would last out. Plus there have been many many more innovative and cool characters in PokeSpe for me like Pearl, Yellow, Sapphire, Gold, Black, White, and others and there's no need to keep the same character. Especially when Red is maxed out as a character in-terms of Pokemon, his Pokemon have no where else to go. They are all evolved, developed, high-level, and competent battlers in nearly every way. No need for more.

No.
    This is not Best Wishes.
    One of the best things on the manga is to change the main so it won't get boring. No matter how popular Red is, is not good idea to stick him for too long. Sorry but no.
    Besides he already got A LOT of spotlight besides from his supposed saga. Be glad with that gold treatment, not everyone gets that.
    Last edited by knux-the-killer; 16th April 2013 at 3:20 PM.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Originally posted by Zoruaruler
    Does anyone else think that they should go back to Red being the main character of the Manga no matter what region? I think it'd be cool to have this dominant trainer go around and become a true Pokemon Master rather than find new characters.
    Red being the main character to all regions? I doubt it. He can only be in one region, and it's best to have newer characters. I know I favor the guy (not because I have my username in and his name in too), but we should share other spot lights to other characters too. Instead, he'll be a minor or cameo to other regions.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    No. He'll be just like Ash then.
    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    And plus, I'm pretty sure that the term "Pokemon Master" was coined by the anime. I never heard that term being used in any other part of the Pokemon franchise. As far as I know, the highest status one can be in a Pokemon game is the champion of the region. Now is there a position where one trainer became champions of all other regions that he reigns as a champion of champions? Idk about that. But as for now, it seems that being League Champion is the highest position one can get and that's what Red has. So he's kinda in a position that as far as we know, is the highest position he can be in.