Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poorly Created Pokemon

Default Poorly Created Pokemon

I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Landorus (joke)
    Kyurem
    Tornadus (joke)
    Thundurus (joke)
    Hydreigon
    Mandibuzz
    Bisharp
    Golurk (looks like a robot)
    Druddigon
    Mienshao
    Accelgor
    Mienfoo
    Cryogonal
    Escavalier
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Gothitelle
    Archeops
    Gigalith
    Swoobat
    Spiritomb
    Combee

Golurk hardly looks like a robot. He's an animated stone golem. If you want robots, look at Magnemite and Voltorb.

Trubbish. It looks like they just slapped a booger on a plant and just went with it.

Thanks to Rayquaza The First for the awesome banner~

I like all the 655 Pokemon designs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitAndKill View Post
    I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Landorus (joke)
    Kyurem
    Tornadus (joke)
    Thundurus (joke)
    Hydreigon
    Mandibuzz
    Bisharp
    Golurk (looks like a robot)
    Druddigon
    Mienshao
    Accelgor
    Mienfoo
    Cryogonal
    Escavalier
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Gothitelle
    Archeops
    Gigalith
    Swoobat
    Spiritomb
    Combee
    How. How can you say this. More than half of these you didn't even give a reason for. Pokemon is basically animals with powers. I won't say you're wrong (not terribly, I can see Swoobat but that's about it), but seriously...
    Reshiram - fire dragon. First in Pokemon.
    Tornadus - wind spirit. Only pure Flying type.
    Hydreigon - hydra. 6th pseudo-legendary, highest level needed to be reached in order to evolve.
    Mienshao - a...I'm not sure what animal that is, but kung fu animal nonetheless.
    Cryogonal - Snowflake. Do you SEE another snowflake Pokemon or even Digimon?
    Escavalier - Armored bug. Turn a knight into a bug and this is what you get. It's not poor.
    Vanilluxe - It's not ice cream, it's an icicle. Would you have made a creature out of icicles?
    Reuniclus - again, not sure what it is, but cells come to mind. You see another cell in Pokemon or Digimon or whatever?
    Archeops - Fossil bird. Aerodactyl is most likely a pterodactyl, keep that in mind.
    Gigalith - Probably a crystal cluster. Animated.

All Pokemon are kinda awesome in their own way, and I like all of them (even Stunfisk (derp)).
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 9th April 2013 at 1:47 AM.

Reshiram is a blue-eyed white dragon. Hmm... where have I seen that before? And someone's gonna flip out when I say this, but the new Mewtwo-esque Pokemon looks utterly stupid and unoriginal.
    3DS FC: 3952-7298-4616

† I am a Christian and proud of it!†

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I think Dugtrio and Magneton had pretty lame designs.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    How. How can you say this. More than half of these you didn't even give a reason for. Pokemon is basically animals with powers. I won't say you're wrong (not terribly, I can see Swoobat but that's about it), but seriously...
    Reshiram - fire dragon. First in Pokemon.
    Tornadus - wind spirit. Only pure Flying type.
    Hydreigon - hydra. 6th pseudo-legendary, highest level needed to be reached in order to evolve.
    Mienshao - a...I'm not sure what animal that is, but kung fu animal nonetheless.
    Cryogonal - Snowflake. Do you SEE another snowflake Pokemon or even Digimon?
    Escavalier - Armored bug. Turn a knight into a bug and this is what you get. It's not poor.
    Vanilluxe - It's not ice cream, it's an icicle. Would you have made a creature out of icicles?
    Reuniclus - again, not sure what it is, but cells come to mind. You see another cell in Pokemon or Digimon or whatever?
    Archeops - Fossil bird. Aerodactyl is most likely a pterodactyl, keep that in mind.
    Gigalith - Probably a crystal cluster. Animated.

All Pokemon are kinda awesome in their own way, and I like all of them (even Stunfisk (derp)).

Reshiarm I take it back is cool.

Tornadus is on a ****ing cloud that's incredibly stupid.

3headed dragon scares me.

The rest are just not right to me. Sorry :P

Grimer and Muk are piles of goop with faces. Not very inspiring if you ask me. In the same vein, Dugtrio and Magneton aren't the most creative evolutions either.

Probopass is just plain ugly in my opinion. The giant nose, tiny little eyes, and mustache-beard-thing just don't do it for me. I know it's supposed to be based on a moai, but I think it could have had a slightly better design.

Stunfisk... I won't say what I think it looks like. But it's not pretty. And that smile is really creepy.

One more: Palkia. It's just very awkwardly designed - the feet seem huge and out of proportion, and I think the wings were overdoing it a little. Not to mention that it looks nothing like a Water-type.

So yeah, those guys are pretty much at the bottom of my list as far as my personal taste in Pokemon goes.

*braces self*

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

By far, Eevee is probably the most poorly created Pokemon. It's just a brown fox, big woop. It's eight Eeveelutions are equally generic. (No, I'm not trolling. This is my honest opinion.)

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I'm going to have to disagree with several of the Pokemon you have on this list.
    Golurk looks nothing like a robot, but more of a statue.
    What's wrong with Vanniluxe? I think he's a cute little guy, who would have though of an ice cream cone as a Pokemon? I think it's brilliant that they went away from the animal/humanoid/dragon thing they've had going.
    While Reshiram looks like crap what's wrong with Zekrom? He's got a decent design, and at least looks better than Dialga and Palkia.
    Bisharp is pretty cool. I think the concept of him is great, and he's personally one of my favorites.
    Reuniclus is another Pokemon that I think looks great. He's not amazingly designed, but I think he's got something good going for him. I'd say he's pretty unique.
    And finally Gigalith. Gigalith is one of my favorite 5th generation Pokemon. I don't understand why you don't think he looks good, he's got a cool design, nice coloring, and a good concept for what they were trying to achieve. Overall I would give him an 8/10.
    Yes I have more Pokemon on this list I would like to offend, but I'm too lazy to do so, so I picked out a few of my favorites.

Why are you hating on so many of the 5th gen Pokemon? If you want poorly designed Pokemon look at a few of the 4th gen Pokemon like Ambipom. 4th gen was probably the least creative being mostly evolutions and preevolutions. Happiny is also a terrible Pokemon from the 4th gen. As well as Kriketot/Kriketune, Glameow/Purugly, Carnivine, Lickilicky and so on.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with several of the Pokemon you have on this list.
    Golurk looks nothing like a robot, but more of a statue.
    What's wrong with Vanniluxe? I think he's a cute little guy, who would have though of an ice cream cone as a Pokemon? I think it's brilliant that they went away from the animal/humanoid/dragon thing they've had going.
    While Reshiram looks like crap what's wrong with Zekrom? He's got a decent design, and at least looks better than Dialga and Palkia.
    Bisharp is pretty cool. I think the concept of him is great, and he's personally one of my favorites.
    Reuniclus is another Pokemon that I think looks great. He's not amazingly designed, but I think he's got something good going for him. I'd say he's pretty unique.
    And finally Gigalith. Gigalith is one of my favorite 5th generation Pokemon. I don't understand why you don't think he looks good, he's got a cool design, nice coloring, and a good concept for what they were trying to achieve. Overall I would give him an 8/10.
    Yes I have more Pokemon on this list I would like to offend, but I'm too lazy to do so, so I picked out a few of my favorites.

Why are you hating on so many of the 5th gen Pokemon? If you want poorly designed Pokemon look at a few of the 4th gen Pokemon like Ambipom. 4th gen was probably the least creative being mostly evolutions and preevolutions. Happiny is also a terrible Pokemon from the 4th gen. As well as Kriketot/Kriketune, Glameow/Purugly, Carnivine, Lickilicky and so on.
    Dialga looks awesome. I could just tolerate some of the 4th gen. 5th gen got out of hand for a lot of them.

Poliwrath. It's Poliwhirl, but now it's angry.

I really like Magneton's design, but I admit it's a bit lazy. I'd rather Magneton stay the same and Magnemite be simpler.

As far as I'm concerned, almost every Gen 4-5 legendary's design is ridiculous, with a couple of exceptions.

Now, my list of designs I really don't like (purely visual judgement):

Tangela
    Mr. Mime
    Jynx
    Igglybuff
    Wobbuffet
    Snubbull
    Tyrogue
    Hitmontop
    Smoochum
    Magby
    Blissey
    Whismur
    Loudred
    Medicham
    Spinda
    Castform
    Wynaut
    Azurill
    Luvdisc
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Starly (line)
    Kricketot (line)
    Roserade
    Burmy
    Mime Jr
    Munchlax
    Riolu
    Lickilicky
    Rhyperior
    Tangrowth
    Magmortar
    Togekiss
    Mamoswine
    Probopass
    Palkia
    Phione
    Darkrai
    Oshawott
    Watchog
    Simisear
    Simipour
    Woobat (line)
    Timburr (line)
    Palpitoad
    Sewaddle (line)
    Cottonee (line)
    Darumaka (line)
    Scraggy (line)
    Gothita (line)
    Vanillite (line)
    Foongus (line)
    Frillish (line)
    Ferroseed (line)
    Klink (line)
    Elgyem (line)
    Cobalion
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorus
    Reshiram
    Keldeo
    Meloetta
    Chespin
    Sylveon

I'm happy to elaborate on any of those as requested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitAndKill View Post
    Dialga looks awesome. I could just tolerate some of the 4th gen. 5th gen got out of hand for a lot of them.
    I didn't mean to bash on Dialga, I love him to death, I was just saying that I personally think that Zekrom is better.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrodon View Post
    Poliwrath. It's Poliwhirl, but now it's angry.
    I agree with this so much. xD

Also, lickilicky, I think Lickitung looks so much better. I really hate Clefable's design as well it looks so derpy.

Woobat: Seriously his just some blue flufball with wings and a nose. Makes no sense.
    Garbodor: A trash can that just exploded... gross
    Trubbish. A deflated trash can. Weird.
    Magikarp: Same goes with febas. But just as worse. Magikarp was only made just for a pain for us pokemon players to level up forever until it evolves into a great pokemon. Then when it evolves its worth it but why?
    Feebas: Read Magikarp again.
    Litwick: Fire/ghost epic but whatever. A candle pokemon... sorta weird I think it was just a poor design giving a candle eyes. yea when it evovles it rocks but I think they made its evolutions but they needed something else like some random candle thats annoying and looks weird. Makes no sense again...

None. I think they're all designed well. BD

I do not get Cryogonal at all...

There is also nothing exciting about the thunder trio.
    The rest i think are okay

Meinfoo is more boring than poorly designed imo

I dont really like voltorb line, patrat line, bidoof line, some other more I cant remember now.

Some of your answers above actually have cool designs imo.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiOmega View Post
    Reshiram is a blue-eyed white dragon. Hmm... where have I seen that before? And someone's gonna flip out when I say this, but the new Mewtwo-esque Pokemon looks utterly stupid and unoriginal.
    I don't think the new "Mewtwo" Pokémon is stupid or unoriginal. It's similar enough to Mew and Mewtwo to see a connection, but different enough to stand out. Besides, we still don't know if its a new form or a brand new Pokémon.

That being said, I don't dislike any of the Pokémon designs. Some I like way more than others, but I find them all to be good in their own right.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Every Pokemon is cool in its own way. But I have a list of some I consider also poorly designed.

Pinsir - What bug is it? I'm not sure, but maybe a kind of an ant. It's very weird.
    Dunsparce - It looks like a bug, but it's not bug type. Lives on ground, but it's not ground type. In the end, GF decided to make it normal type. This dude is also very ugly, poorly designed in my viewpoint.
    Castform - What are those pair balls under it? Breats? Nuts? It look gross for you from now on.
    Hippopotas - Those two small eyes on top of that giant head is so odd. It doesn't even seem to be designed to be a Pokemon.
    Probopass - I can't look at that mustache for a long, it reminds me Super Mario.
    Regigigas - One word to describe this guy: ugly.
    Throh & Sawk - Pokemon using clothes always sounded odd for me.
    Elgyem/Beheeyem - They look like alien-like in my eyes. They don't look like Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Every Pokemon is cool in its own way. But I have a list of some I consider also poorly designed.

Pinsir - What bug is it? I'm not sure, but maybe a kind of an ant. It's very weird.
    Dunsparce - It looks like a bug, but it's not bug type. Lives on ground, but it's not ground type. In the end, GF decided to make it normal type. This dude is also very ugly, poorly designed in my viewpoint.
    Castform - What are those pair balls under it? Breats? Nuts? It look gross for you from now on.
    Hippopotas - Those two small eyes on top of that giant head is so odd. It doesn't even seem to be designed to be a Pokemon.
    Probopass - I can't look at that mustache for a long, it reminds me Super Mario.
    Elgyem/Beheeyem - They look like alien-like in my eyes. They don't look like Pokemon.
    Pinsir- It's a Stag Beetle esque Pokemon
    Castform- Why not research and see what those really are.
    Hippopotas- Then why the hell does all sources call it a Pokemon?
    Elygym line- Same as above.

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    I don't think the new "Mewtwo" Pokémon is stupid or unoriginal. It's similar enough to Mew and Mewtwo to see a connection, but different enough to stand out. Besides, we still don't know if its a new form or a brand new Pokémon.

That being said, I don't dislike any of the Pokémon designs. Some I like way more than others, but I find them all to be good in their own right.
    Obviously the new one is mewtwo and frieza's baby they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post

Let's see...

Pinsir - Stag Beetle
    Dunsparce - Well a lot of Pokemon live on the ground and aren't ground types.
    Castform - What if it wants to land on something? Balance?
    Hippopotas - Where else do you want a hippopotamus' eyes to be? And do you want them to be basketball size, like a giant squid?
    Probopass - How else would you make a stone magnet unique? And people nowadays actually seem to like mustachios.
    Regigigas - He pulled continents, cut him some slack. Do you want a little ant to pull continents?
    Throh & Sawk - Do you want a naked martial artist?
    Elgyem/Beheeyem - Well they kinda ARE aliens.
    Not saying you're right, not saying you're wrong, just saying.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast