Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poorly Created Pokemon

Okay, I'm going to try to defend Cofagrigus... because in my opinion it's actually pretty creative, it takes the Egyptian motif and does something not expected. Instead of a horror movie style mummy coming out of the sarcophagus, the sarcophagus has ghostly hands and then opens up in an unusual way reveling a ghost’s demonic face.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

I personally think all of Gen 5's Pokemon look poorly designed. And the Gen 6 Pokemon aren't that great either imo I just like Froakie and Chespin but the others aren't looking too great so far. And I think Mewtwo's new forme ruins the original forme. It just looks like a bad copy of him and I think Gamefreak is running out of ideas for new Pokemon so they keep recycling the old ones. Some one said a good word for what they're doing but I forget what it was may be redundant? I dunno but it bothers me how bad some of the new Pokemon look.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitAndKill View Post
    Obviously the new one is mewtwo and frieza's baby they had.
    ok- that made me laugh.

I never quite got Staryu. Its a pretty little gemmy starfish thing, but never struck me as a pokemon.
    Jinx and Mr. Mime... /shiver. Hello Uncanny Valley.
    Ambipom.... it has stumps. It has no hands *weeps*
    Does Whiscash *really* need a big W on its forehead?
    Dusclops looks like its getting ready to grab b00bies.
    Lickiliky- just plain disturbing
    Last edited by Laurelai; 9th April 2013 at 5:52 AM.
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Gulpin looks like a rotten pear with a pair of duck lips. Either a rotten pear or a green blob of some sort

Never liked it or its evolution. They weren't really used much.. or atleast not known of as well.
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

I think Luvdisc is a bit weird. So it's a heart with a mouth and eyes. Okay then...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I don't like the new mewtwo design. It looks strange to me, and I think it's unnessary. I wish they would stop this "merging" business and creating new forms of already existing pokemon.

I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Landorus (joke)
    Kyurem
    Tornadus (joke)
    Thundurus (joke)
    Hydreigon
    Mandibuzz
    Bisharp
    Golurk (looks like a robot)
    Druddigon
    Mienshao
    Accelgor
    Mienfoo
    Cryogonal
    Escavalier
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Gothitelle
    Archeops
    Gigalith
    Swoobat
    Spiritomb
    Combee
    The ones in bold are the only ones whose designs I dislike out of those. And it's not so much disliking Resh/Zek/Kyurem's designs as thinking they don't really look like Pokemon. (Black and White Kyurem are even worse imo). Also, why no Electrode and Voltorb? Or Foongus and Amoongus? I mean, doing the Pokeball thing once was bad enough.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I think Luvdisc is a bit weird. So it's a heart with a mouth and eyes. Okay then...
    I think (I THINK) that's supposed to be in a kissy face...so it's a heart fish with a kissy face.

Which leads me to think that Alomomola is awkward.

No single Pokemon is poorly created for me. All of them look alright/great.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

There are definitely designs that I'm not fond of, but I will not going to go as far as saying that any Pokemon is "poorly" designed. To me this implies a lack of artistic talent and skill, which if were the case for one of Game Freak's employees they could easily remedy this problem by firing the artist/designer and hiring someone else.

I've seen tons of poorly designed Fakemon though...

Team in training:

Definitely Garbodor, Probopass, Genesect, Magmortar and Regigigigigigigas.

Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Landorus (joke)
    Kyurem
    Tornadus (joke)
    Thundurus (joke)
    Hydreigon
    Mandibuzz
    Bisharp
    Druddigon
    Mienshao
    Accelgor
    Mienfoo
    Cryogonal
    Escavalier
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Gothitelle
    Archeops
    Gigalith
    Swoobat
    Spiritomb
    Combee
    So....where's YOUR opinion? You're just stating a bunch of Pokemon that you dislike.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I would like to start this thread for everyone to input their OPINION with a list of pokemon that look like crap to them. Remember this is a opinion thread so no 'you are so stupid how do you not like insert name here'.

you may also defend the pokemon on posts like if you don't think cofagrigus is bad then just state why. GO

Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Landorus (joke)
    Kyurem
    Tornadus (joke)
    Thundurus (joke)
    Hydreigon
    Mandibuzz
    Bisharp
    Druddigon
    Mienshao
    Accelgor
    Mienfoo
    Cryogonal
    Escavalier
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Gothitelle
    Archeops
    Gigalith
    Swoobat
    Spiritomb
    Combee
    Major bias against Gen 5 Pokemon?

My analysis

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)--meh, i somewhat see you
    Zekrom--wat. no way. i will admit it is not the best legendary I have ever seen but you must concede it is not stupid.
    Reshiram--roughly same ^
    Landorus (joke)--I think the reason for this is GF is trying too hard to base new pokemon off existing things, like the djinn. I like amorphous pokemon
    Kyurem--meh
    Tornadus (joke)--understandable
    Thundurus (joke)--same ^
    Hydreigon--Hmmm, this one is tough. I think they could have gone somewhere with the dark/dragon and/or three heads but the design is somewhat flawed
    Mandibuzz--you are correct my good sir
    Bisharp--I am not allowed to use the kind of language I would like to in response to this. Bisharp is the most awesome design I have ever seen and I can't imagine why you would say this.
    Golurk (looks like a robot)--ok but your point?
    Druddigon--yes filler dragon type
    Mienshao--hmmm....yes
    Accelgor--No. I actually like Accelgor's design and the theory behind its evolution. In general speed-based pokemon appeal to me.
    Mienfoo--yes
    Cryogonal--I think they could have gone somewhere with this, but the sprite is dissappointing. When I first read its dex entries I was so excited to see it and I was let down
    Escavalier--Yes, but they had to put something in the Shelmet/Karrablast/Accelgor line
    Vanilluxe--Now I think a lot of people use this to criticize gen 5, but I don't go around railing against Mr. Mime
    Reuniclus--No. For a psychic-type it's pretty sweet. I like it.
    Gothitelle--yes
    Archeops--No, I actually like this one. I know there are other rock/flying but the prehistoric bird was a good idea.
    Gigalith--When I imagine a straight-up rock type this is what I imagine. No other design. It is not my fav but I still approve
    Swoobat--Correct
    Spiritomb--Finally a non-5th gen. I'll have to disagree here. Spiritomb could have had a different name but it is somewhat cool.
    Combee--Huh...yea, I guess you're right

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

Tornadus, Landorus, Thundurus- Dislike that they are the same pokemon with three different skins and stat distributions. The Therian formes should have been the original ones. They used them to satisfy their form obsession.
    Garbodor- I admit it was an interesting idea but it just looks odd.
    Togekiss- It kind of looks like a big, awkward kite...thing.
    Stunfisk-...look at it lol...and don't get me started on that battle cry...
    Tangrowth-Just a large tangela with arms.
    Sylveon-It is actually kind of growing on me but I chose it because it doesn't fit in with the others. The others all have simple designs and look cohesive when lined up next to each other and Sylveon is just...there. If they had simply stopped at one bow around the neck,though it still wouldn't fit in, it would have been better but the one around it's ear is overkill to me (i'm picky when it comes to detail).
    Klinklang-It's just a Klang with a spike disk on the bottom...and Klang isn't all that great to begin with.

I find many of the Gen 1 lines lazy with evos. A magnet evolve into 3 magnets? Great.
    Tbh, My least fav lines are in Gen 1 AND 5. But it's not SO many; most of the Pokemon are designed well.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Thumbs down

Chespin. Shorter, Recolored dewott with a happier face? Please.
    Firered Team:

Emerald Team this run:

Black 2 Team:

Boy do I want my HG I lost twice back

Quote Originally Posted by Aelov View Post
    Chespin. Shorter, Recolored dewott with a happier face? Please.
    There nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Grimer and Muk are piles of goop with faces. Not very inspiring if you ask me.
    if you think that's uninspiring, what about the pokemon from later generations that actually ripped them off?? (swalot, etc)

some of these designs are so bad that it makes them hilarious and i love them. like mr mime, vanilluxe. but some are just so bad it's horrible. (garbodor)

i think a lot of 4th and 5th gen legendaries just look awkward, i mean they're supposed to strike fear and awe into you aren't they? dialga looks ridiculous, palkia looks half fish half fox, with a mullet, giratina... god theres so many. i think out of the bunch shaymin sky forme is the only one i actually like

Vanilluxe line - I know they've had bad ideas for pokemon before (magnets, pokeballs) but a pokemon based off an ice cream to me is just a big middle finger.
    Kami trio - One of these looks bad enough, then they copy, paste, change the colour and a few details then call it a new pokemon.
    1st X run:

i think smoochum and jynx look kinda sloppy, and trubbish was a waste of time. seriously, who has used a trubb/garbo and it b effective. they are ugly, too.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Purugly- the name fits it well
    Probopass- What did they do to you Nosepass?
    Magamar- I still have no idea what this is.
    Ho-oh- it's a rainbow turkey.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Purugly- the name fits it well
    Probopass- What did they do to you Nosepass?
    Magamar- I still have no idea what this is.
    Ho-oh- it's a rainbow turkey.
    Ho-oh is most definitely not poorly created. Okay, it looks a bit like a turkey, but there's nothing wrong with turkeys. It's supposed be a phoenix, anyway. It's so much better than the later gen mascots that have extra body parts and random lines draw all over them in an attempt to make them interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by yolotot View Post
    if you think that's uninspiring, what about the pokemon from later generations that actually ripped them off?? (swalot, etc)

some of these designs are so bad that it makes them hilarious and i love them. like mr mime, vanilluxe. but some are just so bad it's horrible. (garbodor)

i think a lot of 4th and 5th gen legendaries just look awkward, i mean they're supposed to strike fear and awe into you aren't they? dialga looks ridiculous, palkia looks half fish half fox, with a mullet, giratina... god theres so many. i think out of the bunch shaymin sky forme is the only one i actually like
    Swalot doesn't look anything like Muk, and they're based off of different concepts (Muk being a living pile of sludge, while Swalot is literally a stomach).

And seriously, what the hell is up with people going on about later gen stuff looking "unoriginal", or "awkward"? They don't like any better or any worse than previous Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    I find many of the Gen 1 lines lazy with evos. A magnet evolve into 3 magnets? Great.
    Tbh, My least fav lines are in Gen 1 AND 5. But it's not SO many; most of the Pokemon are designed well.
    Agreed!Most people say that the new generation is uncreative but the truth is that the gen 1 pokemon are like that.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast