Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 142

Thread: Poorly Created Pokemon

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Exeggcute is just a bunch of eggs. And Dugtrio is just three Diglett that decided to group up for no reason. About as uninspiring as it gets.

    Note that I still love those Pokemon.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Ditto-Just a pink blob but that suits it well.
    garbador-Its literally garbage
    diglett and magnemite-One magnet and mole evolves into three magnets and moles
    luvdisc-Valentines day pokemon
    Simple designs can be good to.
    people are used to bad designs by now.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    575

    Default

    The only Pokemon I consider "poorly created" are the ones that are just plain hard to look at due to their ugliness. There are plenty of lazily designed Pokemon, like Seel and Voltorb, but I don't consider simple to be a bad thing. In fact, I think they help add to the variety in the world. Also, the Golurk line sits proud among my favorite Pokemon designs, so nyah.

    Pokemon I Consider Horrendously Ugly, or PICHU for short:

    - Probopass (No Problem with Nosepass)
    - Vanilluxe (No Problem with Vanillite or Vanillish)
    - Simipour (I'm Fine With the Other 5 Monkeys)
    - Female Wobbuffet (Included on my bucket list: to inflict as much pain and suffering as I can on the individual who came up with this)
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Outside of the ones that I've already mentioned (Garbodor, Probopass, Genesect, Magmortar, REGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGAS)...

    Tornadus-T. What is it meant to be?
    Gardevoir. I don't care if I get flamed, but it looks absolutely pathetic in my opinion.
    Electrode. No explanation needed.
    Dugtrio/Magneton. The epitome of non-creative. 3x Diglett and 3x Magnemite, respectively.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Finneon, It looks like a real mino fish.
    Psyduck, i can't look at it without thinking of homer simpson.
    geodude, its a stone with arms that floats.
    ducklett, i just think it looks too childish.
    Objectives:
    1) Fill a box with shiny pokemon! (before X)
    2) Breed quality competitive battlers!
    3) befriend someone with a ditto safari!
    Drop me a PM if you want to help me! We'll sort a trade out

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Luvdisc: Luvdisc is a generic water type with crummy stats everywhere except speed, and its ability? SWIFT SWIM! Ahahahahha *facepalm* I don't like the designs of Heart fish, but I don't have a problem with Alomonola, because it's actually a pretty good tank.

    Magneton/Dugtrio: Magnemite x 3 + Diglett x 3

    Probopass: The mostache just looks random. Its IMO not on par with Magmortar, Electrivire, Lickylicky and Togekiss in Gen 4 designs.

    Charizard: Pardon me for saying this, but to be frank, I really don't like this thing because of a) hype b) people claiming that Zard is original because fire dragons are definitely neverused in other franchise.

    Igglypuff: The thing it has on its forehead just irks me for some random reason.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    Ho-oh is most definitely not poorly created. Okay, it looks a bit like a turkey, but there's nothing wrong with turkeys. It's supposed be a phoenix, anyway. It's so much better than the later gen mascots that have extra body parts and random lines draw all over them in an attempt to make them interesting.
    It's not so much the way it looks in the art, but the way it looks in-game. All the sprites for it are pretty bad. And the later gen box legends are so much better than it. Even Palkia, who I never really liked.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Palkia, Nosepass family, Magmortar, Makuhita family, Electrivire, Drudigon, etc.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    - Probopass (No Problem with Nosepass)
    - Vanilluxe (No Problem with Vanillite or Vanillish)
    - Simipour (I'm Fine With the Other 5 Monkeys)
    - Female Wobbuffet (Included on my bucket list: to inflict as much pain and suffering as I can on the individual who came up with this)
    Finally, someone who shares my opinion With Probopass, I never understood it as it's meant to be a statue on the Easter Islands, but why add the moustache? It's just too gimmicky. And I never ever licked Simipour, or Panpour either, it's design was just so basic and there was little change inbetween the two aside from height and face.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Finally, someone who shares my opinion With Probopass, I never understood it as it's meant to be a statue on the Easter Islands, but why add the moustache? It's just too gimmicky. And I never ever licked Simipour, or Panpour either, it's design was just so basic and there was little change inbetween the two aside from height and face.
    Why not research and see what the moustache really is and why it's there?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter.
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Surprised this ain't been locked yet.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Why not research and see what the moustache really is and why it's there?
    Metal shavings that, for some reason, only magnetize directly under its nose instead of all around it or anywhere around the magnet on its head. Even knowing what they are, their oddly specific location still makes no sense.

    I think they missed a golden opportunity to give it sideburns with this logic, hanging down from the hat. If you're gonna make an intentionally hideous Pokemon, why not go all out?
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    I'd have say Ambipom, and it's all down to one key factor; it's fingers.
    God alone knows why GF chose to give it red fingertips and therefore make the fingers look like 3 "unmentionables".
    If they'd just made the fingers all one colour, it'd be absolutely fine, but one poor design choice has doomed it to my NU pit.
    And it's a shame, really; everything else about Ambipom is great and I'd otherwise love to use it, but alas, it was not to be.

    ~The Head Honchkrow~

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    I think Magmortar and Tangrowth could have been better.
    Magmortar is just a huge, fat version of Magmar and Tangrowth is a bigger version of Tangela, but with arms added.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    How. How can you say this. More than half of these you didn't even give a reason for. Pokemon is basically animals with powers. I won't say you're wrong (not terribly, I can see Swoobat but that's about it), but seriously...
    Reshiram - fire dragon. First in Pokemon.
    Tornadus - wind spirit. Only pure Flying type.
    Hydreigon - hydra. 6th pseudo-legendary, highest level needed to be reached in order to evolve.
    Mienshao - a...I'm not sure what animal that is, but kung fu animal nonetheless.
    Cryogonal - Snowflake. Do you SEE another snowflake Pokemon or even Digimon?
    Escavalier - Armored bug. Turn a knight into a bug and this is what you get. It's not poor.
    Vanilluxe - It's not ice cream, it's an icicle. Would you have made a creature out of icicles?
    Reuniclus - again, not sure what it is, but cells come to mind. You see another cell in Pokemon or Digimon or whatever?
    Archeops - Fossil bird. Aerodactyl is most likely a pterodactyl, keep that in mind.
    Gigalith - Probably a crystal cluster. Animated.


    All Pokemon are kinda awesome in their own way, and I like all of them (even Stunfisk (derp)).
    Mienfoo and Mienshao are based on weasels.

    OP, I have to strongly disagree with you putting Mienfoo/Mienshao on your list. They are among the more unique Fighting-type Pokemon out there mainly because they don't follow "big and muscular" stereotype. Especially Mienshao. We needed a graceful looking Pokemon like it for the Fighting type. That's one reason why I love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    I personally think all of Gen 5's Pokemon look poorly designed.
    I know everyone has their own opinion but I honestly don't see how it's possible to not like an entire generation of Pokemon.
    Last edited by SKyLineR32; 21st April 2013 at 4:05 AM.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Well of Soles shoe store
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Cofagrigus: I actually kind of like this one. It’s really sort of an awkward design, but the interesting, original (for Pokemon), Ancient Egyptian theme and that perfectly psychotic smile make it decent enough.

    Zekrom: The weird thing with Zekrom is that it is deliberately masculine-looking, while the “black” part of the yin-yang, yin, is explicitly feminine. Also, the whole concept of “ideals,” and how it is supposed to be the opposite of “truth,” is really rather vaguely defined. I do think that it’s a bit overly-detailed, but it sticks to the theme nicely aside from that weird gender-inversion, and I think it’s a decent enough version mascot.

    Reshiram: More or less the same as Zekrom with the words “masculine” and “feminine” swapped. I do happen to like it slightly more, though.

    Landorus: The two main problems with Landorus are that it’s too human-looking and that it looks too much like a palette-swapped Tornadus or Thundurus. It’s Therian form is, however, reasonably well-done, though I suppose the face could have been a little bit better.

    Kyurem: This thing is old, awkward, crippled, alien, and monstrous – exactly how it’s supposed to look. The new forms are also quite ugly-looking and awkwardly-fused, though I’m not really sure that that’s a bad thing.

    Tornadus: Like Landorus except I don’t particularly like its Therian form.

    Thundurus : See Tornadus.

    Hydreigon: I’m… not sure what the problem with this guy is. While the idea of “evil, three-headed dragon” is not a terribly original one, it doesn’t even come close to anything that Pokemon originally had, and the design is pulled off pretty well. Now defenseless villages can tremble before the might of the Hydreigon-training Evil Overlord!

    Mandibuzz: If you want something that’s flat-out stupid-ugly (as opposed to thematically-appropriate-ugly, like Garbodor or Kyurem), go with Vullaby. I think Mandibuzz is actually pretty decent-looking once she’s evolved.

    Bisharp: A cool concept, and the art is reasonably well-done. The sprite seems a bit over-packed with details, though.

    Golurk: This guy’s my favorite Pokemon of all time, but going only by the way the sprite looks, I can see why you might put him on this list.

    Druddigon: Ugly, but in a grumpy old man sort of way. The random redness of his head is a bit awkward, though.

    Mienshao: I don’t really dislike this one, though the fur-whip concept is a bit stupid, and I like Mienfoo quite a bit better.

    Accelgor: There isn’t really anything wrong with Accelgor, but it simply isn’t quite as cool-looking as something that can be best described as a “ninja-bug” should by rights be.

    Mienfoo: As I said under Mienshao, I like this guy. Really, I don’t see any particular design flaws with it, it’s both cute and tough-looking, and it has a pretty cool color-scheme.

    Cryogonal: Is it dumb-looking? Yes. Does still manage to be pretty cool at the same time? Also yes-ish. What else do you expect from a giant angry snowflake with an ice-stache?

    Escavalier: I challenge you to make a better combination of a knight, a beetle, and a snail shell.

    Vanilluxe: It’s… okay for an ice cream Pokemon… I guess. I suppose my problem is that they try to make it somewhat naturalistic (with the icicle cone and all) and end up failing miserably.

    Reuniclus: I personally think that Reuniclus is absolutely adorable and a very interesting concept, though I’ve heard people say it crosses into Uncanny Valley territory.

    Gothitelle: Can’t argue with you there. At all.

    Archeops: Perhaps a bit overly-colorful, but I think it turned out pretty well.

    Gigalith: As Golem 2.0, it’s not terribly original, but its appearance is decent enough. I’m not quite sure what’s up with those eyes, though.

    Swoobat: It’s not particularly outstanding, design-wise, but it isn’t horrible either, and it’s a big improvement on Woobat (in my opinion).

    Spiritomb: Definitely an interesting concept, but it came out somewhat awkward-looking when I’m not sure it was supposed to. A pair of ominous, shadowy, grasping, three-clawed arms might have helped, as could giving it a bigger stone “body” and integrating the gaseous, spiritual parts into it.

    Combee: Pretty mediocre, design-wise, but it’s pretty cute without resorting to being another electric rodent (not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, just rather overdone) or having an obnoxious amount of pink, and it’s evolution method is… interesting.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Glaceon, Magnezone (!!!), Druddigon and Conkeldurr look stupid too.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 23rd April 2013 at 10:58 PM.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Turbbish and Garbadour are garbage......literally (haha) I don't like them its just trash not even a animal just trash.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Herpa Derpa Stunfisk.

    Being honest, a lot of them.

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Many Pokemon from Gen 5. Just to mention a few:

    Emboar: Another Fire/Fighting Starter! They could've tried to make it look good!
    Mienfoo: Winnie the Pooh of Pokemon.
    Cofagrigus: (hope I spelled it right), it sorta looks like a five-year old made it.
    Reshiram: Wolf head with bat wings on a kangaroo.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Many Pokemon from Gen 5. Just to mention a few:

    Emboar: Another Fire/Fighting Starter! They could've tried to make it look good!
    Mienfoo: Winnie the Pooh of Pokemon.
    I don't buy the Emboar one for one minute. (A line from a video game I play on the PC, except for the Emboar part)

    I can defend a Pokemon right?

    Anyways, I think Emboar is really cool. It is SO not poorly created. And saying that because he's another fire/fighting? You really irk me. (Another line from the same game. I'm doing this so that I don't get too mad at people. These lines actually make me laugh).

    And I guess you saying that Mienfoo is the Winne the Pooh of Pokemon makes me like Mienfoo? Because I like Winne the Pooh.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Cofagrigus: (hope I spelled it right), it sorta looks like a five-year old made it.
    That five-year-old must be mortified for having the most creative nightmares for such a young age.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Poorly created pokemon could refer to terrible stats/movesets?

    Flareon Is terrible in the regards that it has very little to choose from when what seems to be it's main stat "Attack" has so little movesets it could possibly use.

    The re-occurring Fire/fighting Combo after 3rd gen through 5th gen is just awful, Sprites are nice/cute but sometimes I wish there was more variation.

    The snow cone pokemon kind of put me off but it's not a horrible sprite it's just what it's based off to me.

    Only pokemon I think was just really terrible was swoobat or it's evolution sprite wise.
    Omega Sapphire team

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Many Pokemon from Gen 5. Just to mention a few:

    Emboar: Another Fire/Fighting Starter! They could've tried to make it look good!
    Mienfoo: Winnie the Pooh of Pokemon.
    Cofagrigus: (hope I spelled it right), it sorta looks like a five-year old made it.
    Reshiram: Wolf head with bat wings on a kangaroo.
    Emboar: Why not research and see why he is Fire/Fighting?
    Mienfoo: There nothing alike lmao.
    Cofagrigus: By your silly logic, all of other Ken Sugimori's creations are 5-year old.
    Reshiram: So?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    That five-year-old must be mortified for having the most creative nightmares for such a young age.
    That is Ken Sugimori/some other artist.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    I'd say Bidoof and others like it. Absolutely useless.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •