Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poorly Created Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitAndKill View Post

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever) Okay it's not the greatest but it is by no means the biggest joke ever. The sprite wasn't done well tbh. (See serebii's bw dex page of cofagrigus, the cartoon picture to the right actually looks quite good)
    Zekrom Argue this. I believe Zekrom was actually made very well.
    Kyurem It couldn't be drawn any better imo.
    Mienshao It looks like a kung-fu master, how is that not cool?
    Accelgor Argue this. It looks exactly like it should, and a cool attitude is always awesome.
    Escavalier I thought Escavalier was done quite well, especially for the concept.
    Reuniclus It is definitely a unique concept, but is it by no means poorly created. It looks quite good imo.
    Gigalith I don't like it's size (1.7m, I think that's too small) But I personally find gigalith to be one of the best drawn pokemon in gen 5.
    In my opinion, Stunfisk and Dunsparce are the weirdest pokemon. They're just strange o_O

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Emboar: Why not research and see why he is Fire/Fighting?
    Yeah, what he said! He's a fire/fighting time because of his origin. Get this through your brains you goody goody people who complain that he's another fire/fighting type. (Sorry if I'm being mean). (LOL, goody goody people.)

(Also, I deleted my second post, because I felt it was necessary).
    Last edited by Tepig Pignite Emboar 969; 26th April 2013 at 1:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I'd say Bidoof and others like it. Absolutely useless.
    Bibarel is the Raticate of this gen. Not necessarily useless, but annoying.

At least it's cuter than Magnezone and Regigigigigigigigigas.

Spoiler:- Credits:

This is a terrible topic, it exists completely for people to complain.

Muk, Vanillite, Klink, Magnemite, Garbodor and Voltorb. These are the most unoriginal and to me most poorly designed in aesthetics.

GameFreak has made all the pokémon very well, and they thought good about them. Lets find a pokémon that looks like Spiritomb. Or combee.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    By far, Eevee is probably the most poorly created Pokemon. It's just a brown fox, big woop. It's eight Eeveelutions are equally generic. (No, I'm not trolling. This is my honest opinion.)
    Can I just point out how ironic this sounds coming from someone who loves Bidoof and Bibarel ;_; Aside from a stripe in Bibarel's tail and a brighter-than-usual red nose, I'd say nearly all the Eeveelutions are less generic than those two >_> Bidoof has grown on me though Bibarel needs derpier eyes like Bidoof though :x

There are only a handful of pokemon from each gen that I really like, but...

Nosepass and Probopass...UGH. Can't stand em. I don't even wanna vs. em.

Actually, looking through all the pokemon, a lot of the 3rd gens are especially ugly to me...Not a fan of any of those starters, Dustox looks kind of lame, Ludicolo I just despise, the sloths are hideous, the Loudred things look awful, Hariyama or whatever and Medicham look stupid, Magnetrike looks weird (which sucks because I think Electrike looks nice)...Okay, I'm bored of going through all the 3rd gens, but yeah, I just really don't like a lot of those pokemon.

There are plenty of other pokemon I think look bad or ridiculous, but after listing all of the ones I just listed, I can't bring myself to go through and pick out more specific pokemon...Too much negativity!

EDIT: I do want to say though, that I do like Zekrom, and I wish they didn't put turbo engines or whatever into them >.< It makes me feel stupid for liking them...
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Cofagrigus (by far the biggest joke ever)
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Landorus (joke)
    Kyurem
    Tornadus (joke)
    Thundurus (joke)
    Hydreigon
    Mandibuzz
    Bisharp
    Golurk (looks like a robot)

Druddigon
    Mienshao
    Accelgor
    Mienfoo
    Cryogonal
    Escavalier
    Vanilluxe
    Reuniclus
    Gothitelle
    Archeops
    Gigalith
    Swoobat

Spiritomb
    Combee
    Every PKMN is from the Unova region except combee and spiritomb. I disagree with the ones in bold.

How about chimchar. One of my least favorite PKMN in existence, Chimchar is an orange chimp with a flame for a tail. It is literally so ordinary that Charmander laughs at it everyday. (LOL) But in all seriousness, GameFreak got very lazy with that guy. Monferno and Infernape are acceptable tho.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    I love shieldon. I find him adorable and awesome.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitAndKill View Post
    Spiritomb
    Spiritomb isn't that bad...

Ah, I can't say any pokemon is "poorly created". Sure, there's some bad, but that doesn't mean they're poorly created...

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Generations 4 and 5. Yep. I went there.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

I hate Nosepass and Probopass.

*Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis for team pose*

I'm shocked nobody said Arceus yet. Arceus should have never been made. A God Pokemon? What was GameFreak smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Arceus should have never been made.
    This thread...

A God Pokemon? What was GameFreak smoking?
    A notion held (mistakenly) largely by the Western fans who have no concept of deities beyond the Judeo-Christian God, which Arceus very clearly isn't. If anything, it has far more in common with the creation myths and creator deities of indigenous belief systems worldwide; the "cosmic egg" in particular is a dead ringer for a similar concept found in many of those myths. Arceus is deified, yes, and very strong, yes, but that doesn't make it "God" or "THE god" or anything of that nature.

And now you know.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Some of the Gen. 5 Pokemon seem to me to be created with far too much things (Tao trio) and other Gen. 5 Pokemon just seem to be too familiar with past generation pokemon (Alomomola + Luvdisc, Bouffalant + Tauros). I don't consider them to be "poorly" created, but just odd-looking/unrealistic-like creatures. Even though some pokemon have nothing to relate to in reality, they just have their own original design that makes them cool.
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle King View Post
    with far too much things
    What, uh, constitutes "far too much things"?

and other Gen. 5 Pokemon just seem to be too familiar with past generation pokemon (Alomomola + Luvdisc, Bouffalant + Tauros).
    Which was intentional, given what Unova is supposed to be.

just odd-looking/unrealistic-like creatures.
    Why is that a problem, though?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm shocked nobody said Arceus yet. Arceus should have never been made. A God Pokemon? What was GameFreak smoking?
    It was never proven to be some sort of Abrahamic supreme diety.

Yes, but Arceus's signature move is Judgment, which screams "I'M THE GOD OF ALL POKEMON!!" Also, its name is a combination between the Latin words arch and deus. The latter means god.

The only ones I find are poorly created are the ones that don't do well in competition even in the lowest tiers. There's also repetition with Pokémon of the same type (Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga) but you can't blame them with the new region and such. As for names, there's already a thread for that and I've already gave my opinion there.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yes, but Arceus's signature move is Judgment, which screams "I'M THE GOD OF ALL POKEMON!!" Also, its name is a combination between the Latin words arch and deus. The latter means god.
    Are you not aware of the fact that the Christian God is not the only god in all of history? All the deities of Greek mythology are gods. Same as of Norse or Roman, etc. All of these gods created things and were given power over things and allowed judgment over things. "God" only means deity, unless you place it specifically on one god like the Christians have done. Arceus may be considered a deity or a higher being, but her is not the God.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

From any generation I don't really like "artificial" looking Pokemon. No robots, no 3 Pokemon in one (Magnemite, Dugtrio). I just can't stand those.
    My Y Team:

Arceus was deified by the ancient people of the Pokémon world; it makes sense to think that they would ascribe a title like "Judgment" to the signature attack of a Pokémon that they believe to have created the universe.

I'd also like to say for the trillionth time that even if Arceus did create the universe, that doesn't make it a god.

Furthermore, Arceus is based on Pangu, not Yahweh/Jehovah/God, and it was never once described as the "God of All Pokémon." It is simply a mythical figure, just as Celebi and Registeel and Mew and so on are.

Well, before you read my list, please keep in mind that this is all personal opinion, and that I mean no offense to any fans of the following Pokemon (heck, I love a lot of Pokemon that most people would consider ugly) But anyway, here they are:

Ledyba (Looks rushed and very unoriginal. They took a ladybug, put googly eyes on it, gave it a puppet mouth, and feet that look like they have doll's shoes on. It seriously looks like a summer camp craft)
    Simisage (The thumbs-up is just lame-looking to me, and the tall cylindrical bush growing from its head looks...wrong)
    Croconaw (Between a cute little crocodile and a big bad*** crocodile, we have a fat-mouthed crocodile cosplaying as Fred Flintstone for some inconceivable reason. It's always bugged me.)
    Quilava (The isolated flames on its head and its rump together with its weaselly body make it look imbalanced and weird. Not really a bad looking Pokemon I suppose, but it's always offended my sense of symmetry)
    Basculin (Again, it looks like it could have been an amazing-looking 'mon, but it was rushed.)
    Hitmonchan (I do think this guy is the epitome of hideousness in the Pokemon world. That face, for example. From the front it looks like someone took a cardboard head, put it through the paper shredder for a second, then ripped it out again just as it got halfway through. Then they glued it onto the preserved, shrunken corpse of a former boxer.)
    Clefairy (They made a really cute pokemon, then put the worlds ugliest face on it.)

These all top my list as "poorly created".

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Arceus was deified by the ancient people of the Pokémon world; it makes sense to think that they would ascribe a title like "Judgment" to the signature attack of a Pokémon that they believe to have created the universe.

I'd also like to say for the trillionth time that even if Arceus did create the universe, that doesn't make it a god.

Furthermore, Arceus is based on Pangu, not Yahweh/Jehovah/God, and it was never once described as the "God of All Pokémon." It is simply a mythical figure, just as Celebi and Registeel and Mew and so on are.
    Creating the universe kind of implies it's a god. Doesn't mean god of all Pokemon, but it's still divine to an extent.
    My Y Team:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast