Thread: Sand Shifters, an OU Trick Room team with sand.....

Default Sand Shifters, an OU Trick Room team with sand.....

After much work and thought processing I have concluded that this is probably my most useful team, its main purpose is to firstly win the weather war as soon as possible, which with a few great pokemon to make rain teams think twice and type advantages over ninetales and abomasnow this should be done fairly easily. And then after the weather war is won is can proceed to the second half of strategy which is cleaning up the rest of opposing team.

The all have IV's of 0

Except for my scarfer.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Slack Off
    - Stealth Rock
    - Whirlwind
    - Earthquake

Hippowdon is chosen over tyranitar for a few reasons. Firstly is durability. He can come in many times throughout the match and bring the weather with him. Adding to this he has no four times weaknesses which is important as I feel weather inducers aren't supposed to be sweepers but just supporting pokemon which is why I have the classic set. Also my team may have problems from electric types, which the ground immunity helps with. Slack off is reliable recovery, stealth rock is fantastic and whirlwind is brilliant unless its baton pass teams and earthquake is just brilliant.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Aerial Ace
    - Pursuit

Ever since I started with competitive battling I have always liked scizor, he looks awesome, but anyways bullet punch is priority for when trick room is down, u turn is a fantastic move in general, pursuit is very important as I can trap opposing weather inducers which has been worn down and to trap espeon in baton pass teams which reflects whirlwind. Lastly although its a bit random aerial ace is to kill volcarona or breloom, which otherwise causes problems. He is amazing on this team as he is slow, and immune to sandstorm.

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Not much explantaion really. Trick room is a great supporting move, and helps with the sweep which will come as soon as she arrives in the field, shadow ball and focus blast has great coverage together. And psyshock is kill special walls which otherwise causes problems. I love how people expect a calm mind pokemon and I end up sweeping half of their team instead, also being immune to sandstorm is nice.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait:Regenarator
    Ev's: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, - Spd)
    -Trick Room
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Flamethrower

Ok. Bear with me on this set. With previous teams I always had problems with gliscor, the genies, dragons, and most importantly ferrothron, forretress and scizor. Because of all the problems I had I needed a pokemon with both a reliable fire and ice type move and I think slowbro and slowking are the only pokemon with flamethrower and ice beam in the same movepool which I think is amazing. Surf is reliable STAB, and also brings the hurt against rain teams. Trick room is to support my team. How I tend you use him in one of two ways either like reuniclus where I end up sweeping or bringing him in multiple times to set up trick room, and with regenerator he can easily do that.

Cradily (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Storm Drain
    Ev's: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, - Spd)
    - Giga Drain
    - Ancient Power
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

This pokemon is probably the most anti-rain pokemon there is. I'm surprissed he isn't used in OU more actually. With trick room up his low speed is now a non-factor and he really is slow. Giga Drain is reliable STAB also the secondary healing isn't bad, and brings the hurt down on the water pokemon of the enemy rain teams, and also against enemy sandstorm teams, earth power and ancient power is my form of the 'EdgeQuake' combo and takes down pesky flying types and electric types which are both used on rain teams as well, namely the genies, jolteon, dragonite. The list goes on. Recover is just in case his health gets low, and the ability is for the water immunity and to up his special attack. I have chosen ancient power over HP Rock because of the side effect, and for the sack of 10 BP I think the side effect can come in handy. Also when sandstorm is up his special defense is increased which is always welcome. I have replaced leftovers to expert belt for a few reasons, firstly the added power is more then welcome, also he has no use with leftovers, standerd cradily does but this isn't standerd cradily also recover does leftovers job.

Landrous @ Choice Scarf
    Triat: Sand Force
    Ev's: 228 Atk/ 28 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Naive Nature (+Spe, - Spd)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Hidden Power Ice

Ok this is the standard expert belt Landrous. I have always been indecisive about my last slot, I always thought do I need another trick roomer? Or another sweeper? And after constant mismatching I just got so angry at myself because nothing fit. Also my team was turning more defense orrentated because I once used hitmontop for rapid spin support. Anyways after much thought I have chosen Landrous, he serves many important roles, firstly he is my lead most of the time to scout with u turn. He also can take down pesky dragons and gliscor, mainly gliscor with hidden power ice which is brilliant as my only other option is slowbro with which I need trick room up and sub variants can stall out slowbro's trick room. Stone edge and earthquake provides almost perfect coverage together which is awesome with the Sandstorm boost the ability provides. Another important role is being able to disrupt the voltturn stragey which causes a few problems and most notable although not as good as Landrous T it can come in on opposing scizor and potentially force it out with fear of a KO it with earthquake. Another bonus is that I thought I needed rapid spin but all I needed was another pokemon immune to spikes, which the flying type provides, lastly my team needed an earthquake immunity which again the flying type provides. All in all he has been proven to be very useful alongside the trick roomers and being able to work in and out of sandstorm.

I have chosen scarf instead of expert belt as I was always caught short when I mis predicted the opponent being scarfed or not but this way I do not have the worry and with his impressive move pool and speed stat he outspends a lot of Pokemon and can generally sweep late game and also give me momentum mid-game

The reason why I think this team works so well is that it combats the opponent two ways, firstly through the use of weather, and through the use of trick room. And by utizilising both stragies I fight the opposition with two fronts, whilst they are worrying about maintaining their weather I can and have the luxury of ignoring the weather at times, this luxury allows me and the team to combat a lot of different pokemon. And by utizilising weather I immidetially have the advantage over non-weather teams and the use of trick room also gives a hybrid advantage over the opposing rain and sandstorm teams which runs rabid in the OU metagame. The only real trouble which this team have is with other trick room teams however with sandstorm residual damage I can eventually come out on top.

Additional notes:
    I play competitive on PO so the item clause isn't a problem

This team is for normal OU Singles.
    Last edited by Rosez66; 9th April 2013 at 11:16 AM.
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

Also looking for female dream world moxie heracross and a miltank message me I have many dream world pokemon