Page 1 of 359 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Default Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Remaking . . .
    If you need help, post here! :]

• Check the site.
    • Use the search feature.
    Last edited by Erik Destler; 22nd March 2010 at 1:16 AM.

watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

When going through Heartgold i found a guy ingame who will tell you your pokemon's Hidden power type. I didn't mark him on the map and have not been able to find him since. Anyone able to help?

In HeartGold if I defeat Ho-oh, will I be able to encounter it again later?
    3DS FC = 0216-1223-1081
    friend safari (dark) = Inkay, Cacturne, Vullaby
    White FC=4298 2302 9295
    Heart Gold FC=1720 6203 4547
    Platinum FC=0388-4663-6425
    Pearl FC=3137-5419-0198
    PBR FC=4725-5099-1678

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmuskrat View Post
    When going through Heartgold i found a guy ingame who will tell you your pokemon's Hidden power type. I didn't mark him on the map and have not been able to find him since. Anyone able to help?
    He is in Celadon, in the Game Corner prize redemption building.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Quote Originally Posted by 23caterpie View Post
    In HeartGold if I defeat Ho-oh, will I be able to encounter it again later?
    Yes, in order to have Ho-Oh reappear after you KO it in battle or run, you will have to defeat the E4 (again if you already have once before).
    "What ever happened
    to the Golden rule
    where trainers
    couldn't follow you
    into the grass
    and challenge you
    to a battle?"

"Team Rocket's rockin, Talkin' trouble, walkin' trouble"

"Double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you"
    3DS FC: 3368-2042-4128

Default Dragons den

I answered the elder's question after beating clair and did not get a Dratini as a gift as said in the Gift pokemon section http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gift.shtml

is there something I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by FireCloud42 View Post
    I answered the elder's question after beating clair and did not get a Dratini as a gift as said in the Gift pokemon section http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gift.shtml

You have to speak to Clair on the way out of the Dragon's Den, then you can return to the elder and pick up your dratini.

All you have to do is leave the cave after you answered the questions and then reenter and talk to the Elder

You need to go to Clair again and come back to dragon's den after she gives you the dragon pulse TM.

Also , I have a question about Latias. Is there anyway I can prevent Steven from appearing? I want to save catching latias for later since I want to SR for it. And will synchronize work on Latias?

Quote Originally Posted by Esterk View Post
    You need to go to Clair again and come back to dragon's den after she gives you the dragon pulse TM.

Also , I have a question about Latias. Is there anyway I can prevent Steven from appearing? I want to save catching latias for later since I want to SR for it. And will synchronize work on Latias?
    Not sure about preventing Steven from appearing.

But as for synchronize, I'm pretty sure its nature is determined upon talking to Steven, so I would assume it doesn't work.

I'm a little concerned about how under-leveled my Pokémon are. I've been playing the whole game with a team of six and always level them up evenly, but I got through Victory Road while still with Quilava, meaning my Pokémon were in the mid-30s. Is this normal for someone who raises their Pokémon evenly and fights every trainer along the way?
    Platinum Friend Code: (Ryan) 5413-6265-0120

I have a question regarding receiving gifts in HG/SS. I tried sending a Japanese Ranger Manaphy Egg to Japanese SoulSilver, but it won't allow me to get the Egg. I've deleted the Wonder Cards just incase I had too many, but then I remembered that the Egg doesn't provide a Card. Am I doing something wrong? I really need Manaphy for SoulSilver and this is getting tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by redshift71388 View Post
    I'm a little concerned about how under-leveled my Pokémon are. I've been playing the whole game with a team of six and always level them up evenly, but I got through Victory Road while still with Quilava, meaning my Pokémon were in the mid-30s. Is this normal for someone who raises their Pokémon evenly and fights every trainer along the way?
    I'd say its somewhat normal. Although you could probably use some training on wild pokemon. I'd recommend training each of your pokemon to a level between 40 and 42 before challenging the Elite 4. Also, you might need to buy some items to help out wiht the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Birdy View Post
    I'd say its somewhat normal. Although you could probably use some training on wild pokemon. I'd recommend training each of your pokemon to a level between 40 and 42 before challenging the Elite 4. Also, you might need to buy some items to help out wiht the challenge.
    Really only 40-42. I'd say 45 especially for Lance, he's a real pain if your not prepared for him

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

Does anybody know how you get "tougher" Pokeathlon opponents? I'm tired of playing the same 3 teams, and I've gotten all the way to the gold statue room with my Dugtrio, so I don't understand how I could possibly get tougher competitiors O_O;

~*~Made by Me~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_grass View Post
    Really only 40-42. I'd say 45 especially for Lance, he's a real pain if your not prepared for him
    Yeah, I suppose a little more training wouldn't hurt for Lance. But he does have a full team of 6.

What pokemon do you have? Any with a super good ice attack?

How well does Noctowl hold up throughout the game? Is it worth using?
    Shiney's: Oddish, Electrike, Numel, Lotad, Hariyama, Weedle, Ponyta, Riolu, Staravia, Skarmory, Wurmple, Tangela
    Team:

Blegh.

Anyone know a feasible place to grind from Lv. 58 to a level suitable to battle the Elite Four rematches?

And then, what's a good level to battle Red?

Also, to the Latias person, there is, you just don't get the Pokedoll from the guy at the club. You have to skip out on the Magnet Train though, so you decide whether it's worth it.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Does anyone know how I can get my radio to work in Kanto?

Well I actually did beat the Elite Four going in with six Lv. 36 Pokémon. I had Lapras, Typhlosion, Pupitar, Heracross, Crobat and Ampharos. The battle with Lance was very difficult but I pulled through. Now I'm in Kanto and my Pokémon are still under 40...

I just find it odd because I remember being able to get to 40-45 naturally when I played the originals. This game has even more opponents, so I'm a little confused.

I believe you need the Expansion Card for that to work.

If it's the same as in the originals, go to the tower in Lavender Town after restoring the Power Plant and talk to one of the people in there.

How are you supposed to get your team up to par enough to take on Red without getting owned? There are no trainers left, little to no rematches, and no decent leveled wild pokemon to grind with.
    Shiney's: Oddish, Electrike, Numel, Lotad, Hariyama, Weedle, Ponyta, Riolu, Staravia, Skarmory, Wurmple, Tangela
    Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Female Steelix View Post
    How are you supposed to get your team up to par enough to take on Red without getting owned? There are no trainers left, little to no rematches, and no decent leveled wild pokemon to grind with.
    The Elite Four, Gym Leader rematches, et cetera. There's a lot of training potential, you just need to look around.

Yeah I don't even understand how this dowsing machine works now. Can someone explain? Trying to find the machine piece in Cerulean Gym.

Page 1 of 359 123451151101 ... LastLast