Thread: Favorite Gen 4 BGM

Default Favorite Gen 4 BGM

What is your favorite music of the 4th gen games?

Please state a reason for your choice.

Personally, it's a tie between the Hearthome City music and the Eterna City music, both because they're beautiful and serene, but I could probably take hours discussing all of the great music this generation had to offer.
    Last edited by Flo; 19th December 2015 at 3:53 AM. Reason: Forgot a point

Cynthia's Champion theme because it is intense, Lake Trio theme because it just sounds awesome and also, the other Legendary theme (other than creation trio/Arceus), also for the same reason with the Lake Trio theme.
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 19th December 2015 at 4:06 AM.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

I was obsessed with Cynthia's theme music plus Canalave city's theme as well in Diamond & Pearl. Hg/Ss had nice music too including Lugia's battle theme. ^^

DPPt: My favourite music would have to be the Canalave City theme. It's one of the reasons why Canalave is my favourite Sinnoh city. It sounds so beautiful and relaxing to me.

HGSS: Just like in GSC, the Champion battle theme is my favourite music from HGSS. I think the HGSS arrangement just sounds so powerful.

I love many of the other pieces of music from DPPt & HGSS, too.
    ~ * * ~

From D/P/P, one of my top favorites is the music in Sunyshore City. It felt perfect for a port town by the sea which is also the last stop before the Pokemon League. The melody and the instrumentation is great.

From Platinum, I liked most of the new music introduced, especially the Giratina Battle theme and the Frontier Brain battle theme. Those were both great battle themes that suited their situations perfectly. I was surprised the first time I battled Giratina as the music was just so intense. And then, when I reached the Frontier Brains, I hadn't expected them to be able to make a theme that was on the same level as the one in Emerald, but they succeeded with that.

Others I like from D/P/P are these: Route 201, Gym Leader Battle, Jubilife City, Canalave City, Pokemon League, Snowpoint City, Route 216/217, Route 225, Distortion World, Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf Battle, Credits, regular Trainer Battle Theme.

From HG/SS, my three top favorites are these:
    Ho-Oh Battle theme. Another fantastic battle theme for a legendary. I definitely prefer it over Lugia's Battle theme because it suits the Pokemon and the situation better, it is relaxing yet uplifting and has a bit of energy into it.
    Ecruteak City. This was a recreation of the original track which added a bit more mystery to it while keeping what made the original good. Probably the main reason Ecruteak is my favorite Johto city in HG/SS.
    Cinnabar Island. I love everything about this. It took the original from the Kanto games and changed it so that it became perfect for what Cinnabar had become three years later. Sometimes I went to visit Cinnabar for no other reason than being able to hear this.

Some others I like from HG/SS: Cianwood City, Bell Tower, Route 47/48, Lavender Town, Hoenn Sound, Sinnoh Sound.

Route 209 wins, hands down. I fell in love with the music as soon as I entered the route. It's catchy, slow and upbeat at the same time XD

Apart from that, Canalave and Eterna City are worthwhile mentions, too. And while we're at Eterna, I somehow find the forest's music to be calming, as well.

Aaaand of course, Surf. I love the surf theme from every generation... Or at least the ones I've played (2nd, 3rd and 4th. I forgot the 5th one).

Last two of my favorite from the 4th Gen (not counting remakes) are the bike and Cynthia's theme.

In Sinnoh games,I especially liked Dialga/Palkia's battle theme,because it sounds epic,Route 205 theme,because it's cheerful and upbeat,and Galactic Grunt theme,because it is so intense.
    However,I also really enjoyed the following themes:
    -Eterna City
    -Floaroma Town(Night only)
    -Route 206
    -Route 225
    -Surf theme
    -vs.Cynthia
    -vs.Giratina
    In HG/SS,I liked Lance's battle theme because of its intensity,Ice Path theme because it conveys the snowy feel very well,and Route 29 theme(again,upbeat).Other great tracks are:Route 35,Route 47,Viridian Forest,Bell Tower,vs.Raikou/Entei/Suicune,vs.Lugia,vs.Ho-oh,and Route 28/Mt.Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    In Sinnoh games,I especially liked Dialga/Palkia's battle theme,because it sounds epic,Route 205 theme,because it's cheerful and upbeat,and Galactic Grunt theme,because it is so intense.
    However,I also really enjoyed the following themes:
    -Eterna City
    -Floaroma Town(Night only)
    -Route 206
    -Route 225
    -Surf theme
    -vs.Cynthia
    -vs.Giratina
    In HG/SS,I liked Lance's battle theme because of its intensity,Ice Path theme because it conveys the snowy feel very well,and Route 29 theme(again,upbeat).Other great tracks are:Route 35,Route 47,Viridian Forest,Bell Tower,vs.Raikou/Entei/Suicune,vs.Lugia,vs.Ho-oh,and Route 28/Mt.Silver.
    I personally disliked Floaroma's night music cuz it sounds lacking compared to the daytime version. The only night bgm that I liked is Jubilife's. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    Route 201
    This is one of my favourite route themes ever, along with Route 10 in Unova. I think it's such a cute and catchy tune. ^^

I taught myself how to play R. 201 on my flute when I was in high school, along with the Oreburgh City theme. I find the Oreburgh music very catchy as well and love how energetic it sounds.
    ~ * * ~

For me, Route 201 (for some reason first route themes are always up there for me), Oreburgh City for being so catchy and lively, upon listening to the route themes over again I think I just like all of them except Route 216 (so hard to choose just one or two between them all), Snowpoint City theme because it always reminded me of a snowy night in December with just a light snowfall and a blanket of snow already on the ground, and Sunyshore City theme was pretty catchy and really felt like "final (gym) city before the Elite Four" music to me.

my fave is undenyably temporal tower theme. (who cares thats its mystery dungeon its gen4) i think it is an awsome song that really sets the mood that you only have so much time to save the world. very fitting for a final dungeon theme. now if i could only beat primal dialga...........
    Ragirl243

Cynthia's music by far it was so intense and fit her style.