Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sinnoh Pokémon

Default Favorite Sinnoh Pokémon

What are your favorite Sinnoh Pokémon?

Here's mine:

Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra: I really enjoyed using it. I liked Torterra's typing Grass and Ground, and I liked the tree on it's back andI like the moveset too.
    Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape: I liked them because they were fast and easy for me to use in battle.
    Buizel-Floatzel: I really liked their design typing and movesets.
    Gible-Gabite-Garchomp: They are cool land sharks, they're fast, and I also like the movesets too.
    Riolu-Lucario: They are so iconic to me and I love using them in battle.
    Snover-Abomasnow: I mostly like their typings but still good designs too.
    Weavile: I thought it was a good evolution
    Leafeon-Glaceon: I love all the eeveelutions. I like Glaceon the most.
    Gallade: An awesome alternate evolution to Kirlia. I really like it along with Gardevoir
    Froslass: I think Froslass is pretty, and I like the typing too.
    Palkia: I don't care if it's pink. I like Water and Dragon typing and the moveset.
    Giratina: Giratina is an awesome shadow legendary with a cool background.
    Cresselia: Another pretty Pokémon I like but still good to use
    Mesprit: It was decent in battle but I thought Mesprit was another pretty Pokémon
    Manaphy: I absolutely love Manaphy. It has a cute pretty design. It's a water type, I love it's background, it's one of my absolute favorite Pokémon and it's wonderful.
    Darkrai: Darkrai is a cool dark legendary and fun to use in battle and I love how the body is like a cloak.
    Shaymin: Shaymin Land form is cute but Sky Form is cool. I also love the flowers Shaymin has. Really pretty.
    Arceus: Arceus is the God of Pokémon for crying out loud! It can change into different types and has high stats. I also think Arceus is majestic.

I like the rest of the Pokémon too but those were my absolute favorites.
    Last edited by TheJLeeTeam; 3rd June 2016 at 9:23 AM.

I love many of the Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh! The Cranidos family has always been a favourite of mine as I like the design and high Attack stat - I love how my Platinum Rampardos destroys stuff in battle.

I really like the new evolutions older Pokemon got, with Gallade and Glaceon being at the top of the list. Gardevoir is one of my Hoenn favourites, so I liked seeing it get a Physical counterpart. Glaceon's design is really pretty IMO and it's one of my favourite Eeveelutions (also like Leafeon a lot too).
    ~ * * ~

My top favorites are these:

Infernape. Favorite Fire-starter and favorite Sinnoh starter. A cool and useful monkey with a lot of tricks available.
    Mismagius. A really cool Ghost-type with a wonderfully mysterious and haunting design. Not completely useless in battle either.
    Garchomp. An epic dragon with everything it needs to be effective at any part of the game. Plus, it looks so cool.
    Glaceon. My second favorite Eeveelution. Really cute and it can hit hard with Ice-type moves.
    Shaymin. A cute hedgehog which turns wastelands into flower fields and has a great signature move. Its Sky Forme is really cool too.

Some others I really like are these: Empoleon, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Luxray, Gastrodon, Ambipom, Purugly, Happiny, Lucario, Lumineon, Weavile, Magnezone, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Froslass, Rotom, Mesprit, Palkia, Cresselia, Manaphy and Giratina. Like all generations, Gen 4 introduced several really awesome Pokemon.
    A new future is about to begin

The past and the present will not be forgotten

Secret Bases

Torterra, Garchomp, Spiritomb, Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran and Arceus are my favorites.

Well my favourite Sinnoh pokemon are Shinx's line especially Luxio cuz I like lions, plus Chimchar's cool as well. Since I like grass types the most, I like Cherrim also. However I only like its sunshine forme, not its overcast forme. ^^

My favorite Sinnoh mon is Weavile followed closely by Lucario and Garchomp because they're epic lol. Sinnoh had few Pokemon that I liked, though.

Infernape - bad***

Roserade - didn't like Roselia really. when i first saw this one i loved it. Good stats

Honchkrow - Wanted Murkow to get an evolution badly, swag bird is nice even if it loses speed :/

Toxicroak - Typing, I seem to like the faster fighting types like Primeape, Lucario, Mienshao

Gallade - easily prefer to Gardevoir who I got tired of using back in Gen III

Togekiss - I have a level 100 Togekiss that I used on one of my recent X teams it instantly became an all time fav

Froslass - Love the typing, another insta fav
    Latest Shiny:

RE: Training on Route 111

My all time favorite is sky shaymin because it's just so cute. I also really like infernape because chimchar is my fav sinnoh starter, luxray, garchomp, floatsel, starapter, yanmega, magnazone, palkia, dialga, and heat ran are also ones I like =)

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Top 5:

Garchomp: My favorite Dragon Pokemon! (second is Salamence)
    Electivire: He looks cool and strong! :3
    Magmortar: Same with Electivire :3 They're a dynamic duo
    Staraptor: I replaced Pidgeot with this guy. Loved his close combat and brave bird :3
    Empoleon: My 2nd favorite water starter! It is my pokemon sweeper :3

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

i liked
    torterra,awesome looking tortoise
    garchomp.a goof dragon/ground type pokemon ,decent in batle
    Abomasnow.talk about power
    bastiodon.as always, i like dinosaurs
    staraptor.he's cool,powerful with close combat andbravebird and i needed a replacement
    luxray.an electric type big cat , just what i wanted

Hmm... I'll say

Turtwig, Torterra, Empoleon, Starly, Staraptor, Kriketot, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Budew, Buneary, Loppunny, Gible, Garchomp, Riolu, Lucario, Skorupi, Drapion, Weavile, Leafeon, Gallade, and Frosslass.

Once again, mostly because they looked cool design besides Turtwigs line. Never really meant to pick him as my starter, but ended with me because my cousin and my brother picked the other two. Turwigs and Torterra really grew on me and they were one of the powerhouses of my team in Diamond.

Fire and Lightning Race Across the Heavens

Staraptor-has a great design and learns powerful moves like Brave Bird, Close Combat and Double-Edge, and Intimidate is always helpful.
    Weavile-looks awesome and is very quick with a high Attack stat.
    Togekiss-it looks pretty, and Serene Grace is a great Ability.
    Gallade-it looks cool and has a wide movepool.
    Palkia-I like its typing and its signature move, which is much better than Dialga's Roar of Time.
    Other Generation IV Pokemon I like a lot are: Torterra, Leafeon, Mismagius, Rotom, Azelf, Giratina(Origin), Lucario, and Shaymin(Sky Forme).

My favorite Sinnoh Pokemon is probably Lucario. I really like its design and unique Steel/Fighting typing, and I enjoyed getting the Riolu egg just because of Lucario.

Again, sticking to top favorites:

Lucario and Buizel, both because of the anime.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Torterra
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Buizel
    Gastrodon
    Honchkrow
    Bronzong
    Happiny
    Gible > Gabite > Garchomp
    Munchlax
    Toxicroak
    Magnezone
    Rhyperior
    Magmortar
    Gliscor
    Froslass
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Regigigas
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Arceus

Wow, that's a long list!

I pretty much love every sinnoh pokemon but my top 10 are

Empoleon
    Infernape
    Torterra
    Staraptor
    Lucario
    Togekiss
    Luxray
    Gliscor
    Floatzel
    Lopunny

I'm not sure what order to put them in but these are my favorites:
    Turtwig
    Monferno
    Piplup
    Starly
    Shinx and Luxio
    Pachirisu
    Cherubi and Cherrim
    Shellos
    Buneary
    Chatot
    Riolu
    Glaceon and Leafeon
    Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf
    Manaphy and Phione
    Shaymin

As you can see, most of my favorites are because I think they're cute instead of how they do in battles. I do like some others but I tried to make the list not be any longer than it already is.

Rentora/Luxray is my favorite due to its lion-like appearance. When I played Platinum, I used one as my main battler after accidentally releasing my Goukazaru/Infernape.

My favourites are:

Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra
    Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape
    Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon
    Bidoof
    Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
    Shinx, Luxio, Luxray
    Roserade
    Cranidos, Rampardos
    Shieldon
    Combee, Vespiquen
    Pachirisu
    Buizel, Floatzel
    Cherubi
    Drifloon
    Mismagius
    Honchkrow
    Chingling
    Stunky
    Bronzor
    Bonsly
    Chatot
    Spiritomb
    Gible, Garchomp
    Munchlax
    Riolu, Lucario
    Hippopotas
    Skorupi
    Croagunk, Toxicroak
    Carnivine
    Finneon
    Mantyke
    Snover, Abomasnow
    Weavile
    Rhypherior
    Tangrowth
    Electivire
    Togekiss
    Yanmega
    Leafeon
    Glaceon
    Gliscor
    Mamoswine
    Porygon-Z
    Gallade
    Dusknoir
    Froslass
    Rotom
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Heatran
    Regigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigi gigigigigigigigigigigigas
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Lol whats a signature

Turtwig, Empoleon, and of course palkia!

Buizel, Luxray, Glaceon and Garchomp <3

My Trade Shop: CLICK ME
    Warning: May contain traces of cloned Pokemon. We ask you to be attentive.

Garchomp, Infernape, Frosslass, and the Shinx line are my favorites.

My Top 12 favourite fully evolved Sinnoh Pokemon:

I actually don't know which starter I like more, Infernape or Empoleon. I have fond memories of using both of them, though Infernape was usually my go-to choice simply because there were so few fire types (especially in Diamond and Pearl!)

Staraptor always gets on my team whenever I play a Sinnoh game. The Brave Bird/Close Combat mix puts in too much work not to have it!

Luxray was the lion before Pyroar came along and mixing Thunder, Fire and Ice Fang with Night Slash leaves you with a monster! Just wish someone would give it an electric/dark mega!

Gliscor is one of those pokemon who I took one look at and thought "Well, they were bound to start coming with abysmal designs sooner or later" - then Ash caught one, so I trained one and suddenly I was all turned around on the idea. This is currently the only occurrence of the anime making me like a pokemon which I initially hated the look of (it then went on to do the exact opposite with Oshawott, but that's a different matter!)

Floatzel I just like. This thing was my go-to water type whenever I chose Chimchar over Piplup and it's always fun to use, even if it's not all that competitively viable!

Togekiss is the gift from above that the Togepi line needed. After seeing Togepi in the anime for so long before its in-game release that when we finally got a Togepi for ourselves I found it to be such a letdown, and Togetic didn't help at all! Thankfully we were eventually given Togekiss put put everything right!

Lucario and Gallade are always great to use, I've loved Aipom since I first saw it, so Ambipom was always going to win me over even if I didn't like its design at first, while Garchomp is a draconic land shark. What's not to love there?

I didn't really go much on Lopunny for a long time. I never seemed to be able to get Buneary to evolve soon enough to learn return and to me Lopunny was just this odd normal type that I never really got to use.
    Then I did a wonderlocke on Pokemon Y and a Lopunny ended up on my team. By the end it was a staple of the team, one of the core four that carried me through to the end (along with a shiny Espeon, Pancake the Goodra and Mapleleaf Serperior - sadly, Mamuska the Darmanitan didn't make it to the end)
    Hoenn Memories

Thanks Guys!

I hadn't really realized how much I actually like most of the Gen IV Pokemon. I'll stick with talking about fully evolved Pokemon, since I would be going on forever if I got to say a bit about each first stage Pokemon I like.
    Infernape, Floatzel, Honchkrow, Weavile, and Gliscor are just incredibly visually appealing. I don't know if I could accurately and concisely describe what I find appealing about each of them, so I won't try, but they all appear on my list of favorite Pokemon designs. I just wish I had used more of them on my actual in-game teams( I've only truly used Infernape and Weavile in-game).

Now for the fun ones.

Turtwig was my starter in my first Gen IV game, Diamond, so it's only natural that Torterra is one of my favorite Pokemon from this generation. I'm a sucker for turtle based Pokemon, sure, but there's something that seems so powerful about a tortoise that carries a whole environment on its back. I really enjoy the unique Grass/Ground typing and as a whole can't get enough of the Continent Pokemon.

Staraptor is just an absolute beast. Imagine my surprise the first time my wimpy Staravia evolved and became a one man wrecking crew, terrorizing everything in its path with Brave Bird and Close Combat. I relied on Staraptor's sheer power for much of my Diamond and Platinum runs, and I'm not ashamed to say that it is by far my favorite regional bird.

Luxray is another Pokemon whos design I really like. The sprite art in Gen IV gave it an incredibly fierce look that the new 3D model doesn't do justice to. Luxray always exuded strength, even if its movepool in Sinnoh wasn't great. The electric lion was a crucial part of my Platinum team, and was always reliable.

I don't think I ever truly appreciated Gallade until this year. While training up a team for and Elite 4 rematch, I stumbled across Gallade in my search for a fighting type. I immediately fell in love with its high attack, surprisingly high special attack, amazing movepool, and solid design. When it came time for the rematch, Gallade was a star, breezing through Glacia and Steven like it was nothing. I've always liked Gallade from a distance, but never really realized what made others like him so much. Now I know.

Well, this was a fun trip down memory lane! And this is only the surface of the Pokemon I like from this generation! Now I really want remakes.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

I like a lot of Sinnoh Pokémon but the ones I like the most are Infernape (first starter of DPPt), Staraptor (cool design), Garchomp (cool design), Leafeon ('cause it's an Eeveelution), Glaceon (same with Leafeon) and all of the Sinnoh Legendaries other than Regigigas.

Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast