Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Any body still playing these games?

I've been trying to find Pokemon Diamond or Pearl for a good price. It seems like most places are selling it for $40+ dollars. I've been wanting to play the Gen 4 games again. I'm going to Disk Traders this week. I want to see if they have the game. They probably do, but I imagine it's the same price as Sun and Moon. Heck, if I could even find Platinum that would be cool. I did have Pokemon Diamond, but I lost my copy somewhere when I moved.....

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

Yeah. I play these games all the time now. I am hoping to get black/white two soon so i can move my pokemon to my sun/moon!

I just bought a copy of Platinum version that didn't cost over 40 dollars. I'm pretty happy about that. So I'll be playing through Gen 4 again for the first time since 2008. I'm excited.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

Diamond and Pearl are too slow to get through now, and I can't find Platinum. I'll play it ASAP.

I played this game a few times, but it was from someone's else, who brought it at release date.

Almost 10 years, as I'm very behind in Pokemon, I finally own a gen 4 game.

I plan on restarting my pearl when i get my new ds lite XD

I look forward to using lucario and a bunch of cute pokemon on my team XD
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too
    I may add this one korrina blingee that helps my autism to this sig sometime however i don't feel like changing it as much yet :3 korrina is still powerful to me though^^

Well, seeing as I don't own a 3DS they're pretty much the only games I can play, so yeah, I still play them quite a bit. And for the most part I find them to be every bit as fun now as they were when I first got them.
    Last edited by Cat's Eye Draco; 7th October 2017 at 4:37 PM.

I still have my Pearl, Platinum, Diamond and SoulSilver, all of which I bought when they were new. Despite the slow pace, I love the games, and they introduce a whole host of great Pokémon. The Pokeathlon and the ability to rematch leaders was a godsend, and I loved every second of the games, Pearl being my first.

It's surprising how expensive they are now. The other day I saw a copy of SoulSilver for Ł52!

"The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

I plan on completing the pokedex in Pearl and Platinum soon. Also, I still train my team and try to beat the Battle Frontier Brains in Platinum.

No, I don't play anymore. I used to play Pokémon games for about 15 years. Ever since, I haven't been playing any Pokémon game, except Pokémon Go

I've been playing through my Diamond again. It's been pretty fun and it's reminding me of all sorts of memories from playing Diamond/Pearl when they first came out.
    Also, since I've played Platinum more than DP in recent years, it's helping me remember the differences/changes between DP & Pt.
    >>// \\<<

I'm playing both Diamond and Platinum since I'm trying to finish the Dex, which is so much harder without Wi-Fi trading. Why did Nintendo cancel that?

I restarted soul silver last night. It's been a long time, though. I absolutely love platinum and will probably restart that soon. I know a lot of people dislike it, but gen 4 is my absolute favorite.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

While I love the Sinnoh region and adore HGSS, I haven't gone back to them in a few years. Maybe I'm just impatient, but the speed of the games (especially the battles) has become a turnoff for me. Gen V's battle interface spoiled me too much. Seriously, it's so fast and fluid!
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light
    Sometimes becoming a Pokémon isn't all fun and games.

Latest Episode: The Great Divide
    Latest Chapter: 31 - Turning a Corner
    Other Works: Top Billing | Restarting

I play Platinum and HG each week since I'm Shiny hunting in both games, but I don't bother playing Diamond and Pearl anymore. They're boring.

I played Platinum so much my cartridge eventually fell apart. Yeah.

Suffice to say, that's my most favorite game, but even so, I hardly play it nowadays. Since BW, I turned into a very slow player, leveling up every new pokémon I get and ignoring older gen's pokémon. As such, I still haven't completed Sun and Moon. That doesn't mean that I don't play other Pokémon Games. I replay Red and Crystal every so often, because I can get around quite fast in those. And even still, in those games which are pretty much classics, I often get to a point where my interest just drops (In Red, it's often times after defeating Surge, and in Crystal it's often after defeating Morty).

I often wonder how that will be if/when I revisit Sinnoh. I want to, I really want to. But I need to find a working Platinum first - one that doesn't get corrupted every five restarts or so.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

I still play Diamond occasionally, but only for training. Last year December I completed the pokedex with the exception of the event type pokemon unfortunately.

I found used copies of Platinum and Heart Gold for $12 a piece at a used game shop. So as soon as I can find a spare 80 hours in my schedule, I will be playing the heck out of these games.
    https://twitter.com/dandock

I'm in the midst of playing Heart Gold now
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

Quote Originally Posted by DjVero View Post
    I still play Diamond occasionally, but only for training. Last year December I completed the pokedex with the exception of the event type pokemon unfortunately.
    I was attempting to complete my Zukan (Pokedex) is SoulSilver a few weeks ago, until I realized that without Wi-Fi, I can't attain several Legendaries that are exclusive to D/P. It's such a disappointing feeling.

I restarted HG a week ago so I'm playing it now, though I didn't realize just how bad the leveling curve was. My whole team is struggling to level up.

I really regret not buying so many more DS games in Japan. At the Book-Off second hand stores (which are EVERYWHERE) Diamond or Pearl were only 200 yen while Pt or HGSS were 500. I can't believe not buying more. Not ideal if you're someone who doesn't read Japanese though. Similar deals on GBA games, while 3DS were more around 2000-3000. Look at the conversion rates to your own currency and be amazed.
    EDIT: I haven't traded since BW, but looking back at this old flair makes me happy

Currently trading and looking to trade for egg moves.
    I have: Dark Pulse zorua, Dark Pulse Deino, Snarl Zorua, Hypnosis/Zen Headbutt /Roost Zubat, Curse , Aqua Ring , Imprison , Muddy Water , yawn/wish/stored power . I'll do others on request. Can do natures for any of my egg moves, though in some cases patience is required, please understand.

Visit my trade shop at http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=500528
    White FC: 3525 9605 9952

Finished my Platinum replay recently, what a wonderful game it still is (had 20x more fun with it than Sun if I'm being honest)

Looking to replay HeartGold (and BW2) soon, when time frees up a bit

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718