Thread: Don't have a fancy team name (OU)

Default Don't have a fancy team name (OU)

This is my OU team. New to this IV/EV breeding/training business and it's time to get serious. RMT. Don't be lenient. tell me how I can make it better.
    Not really good at explaining each pokemon's purpose.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability : Torrent
    EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 HP
    Adamant Nature

Ice Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Waterfall

Swampert is one of my main leads. His bulkiness allows for an easy set up on SR. His purpose as lead is to cause a switch out with his many type coverages.
    Waterfall acts as his main move for STAB damage and the flinches. Ice punch allows him to deal with pesky dragon types who's main damage is from outrage. He is allowed to stand one outrage and maybe KO a squishy dragon who even may get the freeze on it.
    Earthquake is his next STAB move that covers electric/poision types. His resistance to electric attacks allow for easy switch ins against electric types.

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
    Leftovers
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 HP
    Bold Nature

Leech Seed
    Spikes
    Power whip
    Protect

Ferrothorn is here, mainly to set up Entry hazards and Leech seed. I switch into Ferrothorn into any pokemon that cannot destroy him which is basically but fire types. This allows for enough time for set up of spikes. He can also leech seed onto leftovers users/sweeps to prevent a little healing. His protect is used to basically stall time for the leech seed to drain a next pokemon to zero. His protect can also allow him to scout moves and for a sure leftovers heal. Power whip is to hit water types hard and other slow pokemon.

Sableye @ leftovers
    Ability : Prankster
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 Def
    Calm Nature

Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Recover
    Foul Play

Sableye is my main staller. His prankster ability allows for the easy and quick use of toxic/confuse ray and recover. The use of toxic is self explanatory. The confuse ray set up is to set up for foul play, sableye's only way of damage. Recover is there to easily wait out a poisoned opponent. Sableye allows for an easy switch in against Fighting pokemon that are choice banded.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
    Ability : Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature

Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake

Salamence is my main late game sweeper. He goes for revenge kills, as it goes hand in hand with his Moxie ability. Outrage hit any pokemon that doesn't resist it hard, going for a OHKO or 2HKO Earthquake is for coverage against Jirachis/Heatrans. Also Earthquake hit aggrons/T-tars very hard.
    Fire blast is to cover those Ferrothorns/Skarmories/Forretress that are trying to set up entry hazards. And Dragon dance is for those who are silly enough to let him set it up

Landorus-I @ Life Orb
    Ability : Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature

U-turn
    Earth Power
    Psychic
    Focus Blast

Landorus is my main special sweeper. Utilizing U-turn to scout, landorus is one of my openers.
    His DW ability - Sheer force, allows for a boost in power also negating Life Orb damage.
    The STAB earth power is for those pokemon Salamence couldn't take out with his Earthquake. Psychic allows for sure OHKO's against many fighting types. Focus blasts are for those dark types/Skarmories who try to enter the ring against this Landorus .

Jolteon @ Life Orb
    Ability : Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature

Volt Switch
    Thunder
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice

Jolteon's speed allows for a great revenge killer also. Volt switch is used against many water types and allows for a switch out when super necessary. Thunder is his stab move if you're feeling super lucky or against those pesky rain teams. Shadow balls hit Psychic/Ghost sweepers super hard since it basically outspeeds many of them. HP ice to OHKO most dragon types and maybe a Gliscor with the addition of Life Orb damage. Once Jolteon is in his zone. No one should be able to stop him

Thanks everyone for their future suggestions
    Friend Code - 4342 2201 2347

Looking for any shinies and looking for a DW Landorus. (Timid/Modest), Timid Thundurus, Relaxed Mudkip, Timid Latias, Calm Rotom-H and Jolly Terrakion.
    Also in need of a Jolly/Adamant Kyurem-b, Careful Jirachi, and Modest Larvesta. Thank you so much
    All needed for my ingame competitive team.

I have the following DWF -

Looking for the following Legendaries

I would give sableye swagger over confuseray to up foul play
    Another thing would be is to give swampert stealth rock instead of stone edge and replace stealth rock on landorus with u-turn
    I would also use jolteon or swampert as a lead depending on the opponent

white fc 0262-0801-2751
    Have you ever noticed the unusual amounts of red heads in cartoons compared to amount in real life?
    creds to swornmetal.

At school now, full rate when I get home. At a glance:

Thunder Wave over Protect on Ferrothorn
    Swagger over Confuse Ray on Sableye
    Either U-Turn or Rock Polish over Stealth Rock on Lando
    Gastrodon over Swampert
    Thundurus-T over Jolteon

Will explain each in-depth when I get home, I know some of these may not make a whole lot of sense at the moment.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Changes made, reopened

And it's back up <3 thanks Miror.
    Friend Code - 4342 2201 2347

Looking for any shinies and looking for a DW Landorus. (Timid/Modest), Timid Thundurus, Relaxed Mudkip, Timid Latias, Calm Rotom-H and Jolly Terrakion.
    Also in need of a Jolly/Adamant Kyurem-b, Careful Jirachi, and Modest Larvesta. Thank you so much
    All needed for my ingame competitive team.

I have the following DWF -

Looking for the following Legendaries

Definently Choice specs > LO. tbh the damage output just isnt enough for me w/out it. Since you don't have rain yourself on your team Bolt > Thunder For accuracy purposes. I like Will-o-Wisp > Toxic because otherwise, scizor messes with it too much. 4 evs in SpD instead of HP (imo) will rate fully later. This team is weak to heatran if its running a set with balloon that hasnt been broken or even a scarf heatran. HP ice hits landy and mence. ferro doesnt like lava plume jolteon doesnt like being walled and swampert stops it dead (hopefully) Overall however, fairly solid team Maybe jellicent > Sableeye just a preference for utility...
    Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Def
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball

It just takes hits so much better than sable

Claimed the electric dog that is Jolteon
    Pokemon X FC: 1349-5515-1443

Spoiler:- credits:

Right, explanations.

Thunder Wave over Protect on Ferrothorn because all Protect does for you is stall for one turn of Leech Seed damage and often they'll just switch the seeded Pokemon out. Ferrothorn is actually really good at spreading paralysis, especially as Ground-types don't want to switch into STAB Power Whip. Protect isn't a horrible option, but Thunder Wave supports the entire team so much better. And T-Waving something locked into Outrage is absolutely hilarious.

Swagger over Confuse Ray on Sableye is simply because you're using Foul Play. Liepard runs a similar set, albeit not in OU, and Swagger does two things: It boosts the damage they do to themselves and it boosts the damage your Foul Play does. Win-Win situation against Special attackers and walls because even though their Atk generally isn't great, they aren't using it against you so it's just you that benefits.

U-Turn and Rock Polish both have their advantages. Rock Polish can set Lando up to sweep and U-Turn can scout and get/keep momentum for the team. In my experience both work better than SR though.

Gastrodon has the same typing as Swampert, but with more bulk and a better ability in Storm Drain plus access to Recover. And if you need it to, it can also set rocks for you.

Finally, Thundurus-T has better stats across the board than Jolteon, and basically fills the same roles. It can also sweep with Agility or punch through near anything with Nasty Plot. Or you could run DoubleDance, which I have never tried personally nor seen tried on Thundurus-T but might be worth a look. It works for some things. Like Terrakion, but I generally prefer SubSalacSD with Terrakion.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

hang on isnt Outrage + Moxie on Salamence illegal? I could be wrong but if it is just use Dragon Claw instead

Quote Originally Posted by STABX4 View Post
    hang on isnt Outrage + Moxie on Salamence illegal? I could be wrong but if it is just use Dragon Claw instead
    Since Dream World Bagon has been released, no it is not. It is perfectly legal and makes Mence that much dangerous with a scarf.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!