Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How the new Mewtwo-ish pokemon could be used in the manga.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Maybe the return of Red with the new Mew-ish Pokemon?

    First of all, lets face it. Red was the very first *main* character in the manga, so he is most likely to return. Now, let's look back to the past. Every story arc that has Mew/Mewtwo involved, has Red, and basically all the Kanto pokedex holders, involved with the story (I think). Now this is a long shot, but I'm thinking Red is going to make an appearance when they decide to bring Newtwo (Newtwo, Mewthree, whatever you want to call it) into the manga. The only thing that stumps me is the fact that he's going to be probably over 24 years old. How do I think this can be fixed? I choose you, Celebi! What do you think? Do you think that Red might return in the X/Y story arc? (Assuming they're going to make one). Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by noahc3; 10th April 2013 at 5:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    The conflict between Mewtwo and Sird has never been resolved, and now with Mewtwo's Eclair Forme being introduced, now is a good time for that to finally happen.

    The question is how. I don't think it will happen in the B2W2 arc, so the only other option is the XY arc - which we simply know too little about.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,317

    Default

    Red has no business being in Poke-France.

    If anything, he should show up in B2W2 with Mewtwo (and Deoxys? Mebbe?) and face Genesect with the others.

    Yes, Mewtwo's new Forme isn't in the games, but that's what we call "setting up for future events."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Red has no business being in Poke-France.

    If anything, he should show up in B2W2 with Mewtwo (and Deoxys? Mebbe?) and face Genesect with the others.

    Yes, Mewtwo's new Forme isn't in the games, but that's what we call "setting up for future events."
    And B2W2 has Pokémon World Tournament even has Genesect.

    It was the most suitable for the time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Well from my knowledge Kusaka tends to introduce moves within the generation that they are introduced (barring a couple from the earlier generations when the amount of chapters were limited). So I suspect that Mewtwo will make an appearance in B2W2 to show off Psystrike (and hopefully the Kanto Dexholders, or at least Red and Blue, will be there so Mewtwo will finally get his mind at peace). And this appearance will allow Mewtwo to make its new forme debut in XY. Though, considering Mewtwo's nonexistent role in the B2W2 games, it seems like kind of a stretch to just make Mewtwo appear in the chapter just to show off one move. Kusaka could maybe just show Psystrike in a flashback, one that involves Sird? (Hey, there has to be a reason why Colress was wearing a disguise so similar to Sird's; maybe he's in leagues with her? And also, I still can't think of a reason why Colress has to disguise himself, unless he's a wanted criminal already in the manga.)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Though, considering Mewtwo's nonexistent role in the B2W2 games, it seems like kind of a stretch to just make Mewtwo appear in the chapter just to show off one move.
    But Mewtwo had been distributed in BW, now distributing of movie.

    This also may be the reason for.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    But Mewtwo had been distributed in BW, now distributing of movie.

    This also may be the reason for.
    And since when did a Pokemon given away in events that were not within the generation that Pokemon was introduced have any impact on the anime? Okay I'll give you Spiky-eared Pichu but the Pichu was a special case (in that it was connected to a native Pokemon I guess). You didn't see Naval Rock with Ho-oh and Lugia play any significance on the manga, did you? Nor did Deoxys ever appear in Sinnoh despite it being hinted that it was going to Sinnoh.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    And since when did a Pokemon given away in events that were not within the generation that Pokemon was introduced have any impact on the anime? Okay I'll give you Spiky-eared Pichu but the Pichu was a special case (in that it was connected to a native Pokemon I guess). You didn't see Naval Rock with Ho-oh and Lugia play any significance on the manga, did you? Nor did Deoxys ever appear in Sinnoh despite it being hinted that it was going to Sinnoh.
    In the Anime we saw deoxy's a few times...

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Mewtwo doesn't have an in-game event in B2W2. To make it relevant now would be a waste of the potential of bringing it back for the XY saga to go along with its practically guaranteed game role.

    Mewtwo doesn't have to battle Genesect in the manga. They aren't connected to each other in the games, and in Special we've already seen Mewtwo take on Deoxys, which had a similar backstory.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101
    Kusaka could maybe just show Psystrike in a flashback, one that involves Sird?
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were to happen in the upcoming Red chapter.
    Last edited by Kein; 11th April 2013 at 8:22 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    And since when did a Pokemon given away in events that were not within the generation that Pokemon was introduced have any impact on the anime? Okay I'll give you Spiky-eared Pichu but the Pichu was a special case (in that it was connected to a native Pokemon I guess). You didn't see Naval Rock with Ho-oh and Lugia play any significance on the manga, did you? Nor did Deoxys ever appear in Sinnoh despite it being hinted that it was going to Sinnoh.
    Celebi in Colosseum......

    Although it is just a guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •