Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things Parents Told You When You Were A Kid That You Found Out Were Not True

they said i was pretty

I think my step-mom told me that people that commit suicide go to hell because they can't ask for forgiveness.

Bleh.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

1. A wet head gives you a cold.
    2. Family dog got hit by a car ( it was my mother's jeep)
    3. Bullies are cowards. I think must parents say that to their children but it just isn't true.
    4. Reading in a dark room by the light of a lamp is bad for your eyes.
    5. I'd grow out of pokemon.
    Objectives:
    1) Fill a box with shiny pokemon! (before X)
    2) Breed quality competitive battlers!
    3) befriend someone with a ditto safari!
    Drop me a PM if you want to help me! We'll sort a trade out

I remembered another one. My mom had a miscarriage because she was exposed to a little bit of the X-ray when my brother went to the emergency room for his broken toenail. I may have known about pregnancy, but I never knew about miscarriages, so when I was patting Mom's belly in church one week, she said the baby wasn't there and just left a mess. I was all, "Oh," and never thought about it again, though she got pregnant again not long afterward with the middle brother whom my brothers and I insisted on calling him "Johnny", though the moment he was born, we stopped calling him that. Which is odd, I don't know why we did that.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

You know, there are plenty of younger folk on this site that may believe some of the things we are mentioning actually exist. Meanwhile, we are taking those beliefs and pounding them with a flaming jackhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    That Adam and Eve existed.
    ooooh shieett we got a religious debate on the way

*Looks at the rest of the posts in the thread*

Wait, nobody commented on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I think my step-mom told me that people that commit suicide go to hell because they can't ask for forgiveness.

Bleh.
    Gee, how pleasant.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

"If you have to sneeze, put your nose in the air and say 'grapfruit' and then you won't have to sneeze". Never worked.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

My parents never talked about storks... Instead, when I asked where babies came from, they said inside a mother's womb. ._.

The only thing I can think of would be Santa Claus.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    My parents never talked about storks... Instead, when I asked where babies came from, they said inside a mother's womb. ._.
    My Parents Told Me About The Womb As Well Because It Was One Of The Few Words I Remembered After A Farm Goat Punctured My Brain in 2004 But Because I Did Not Remember Its Meaning Then My Parents Told Me That Womb Was Short For Wombat And That There Used To Be A Stork That Delivered The NewBorn Babies But He Was Killed By Poachers So A Wombat Took Over The Job And Traveled Underground To Deliver Babies Instead Of Flying And Dropping Them Because The Way That The Stork Delivered Babies Was A Lot More Dangerous And Not As Sneaky

that i was handsome and that girls would like me.

only the uncool unpretty girls.

That the water that pours from our faucets hasn't been through thousands of urethras. Well, they didn't lie about it. They just never told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    that i was handsome and that girls would like me.

-sinks into deep depression-

That santa claus wasnt real...

WHY MOM WHY :'(

The usual. Santa Claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy.

I'm trying to think of something funny but I got nothing.

My Dad used to tell me that people with black hair were seriously depressed with their lives and felt the need to burn it. Of course, that was when I was very young... always got creeped out though. .__.

And that if you staple your nose, you die. I don't even know.

And that tissues from Italy are softer than those from England, my mom always said for some reason. Now, I know this is quite a controversial topic for some people - tissues are serious business and all, I get it - but I recently got some from Italy when my mom brought some back, and they SUCK. I'm glad I kept my English tissues. .__.'
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

My mom told me that her and my dad were legally forced to divorce because he didn't show up to a couple's event.

She wasn't too far off from the truth. I guess "legally forced" and "he was spending the night with another woman when they were renewing their vows" are comparable.

Stay classy, Dad.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

-My grandparents threatened to mail me to North Korea when I was 3-5
    -I am a handsome young man and that girls like me...(only the creepy/weird ones)
    -You can be anything you want to be. Yeah, I'm not Superman! Thanks for letting me crack my face on the table when I jumped off the couch!
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

My dad used to tell me I was born on a full moon. That was BS I looked it up.

*Siiiiiiighhhhh*
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Santa clause and I could be anything... To this day I'm still trying to turn into a quilava
    check out the quilava!

Credit goes to eeveelover824 and flower paradise graphics for these amazing userbars and the banner: click on it! and sworn metalhead

That Santa existed... Then they have me a book explaining why he couldn't when I was 6 or 7... OBVIOUSLY the book was lying to me >.>

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

"Getting A's at school will make you rich & respected someday."
    Then I found out that my wealthy uncle, who's currently leading huge resort companies around the globe, was actually a "C" student, or "D" rather.
    Good attempt but it doesn't work that way, mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    that having a college degree would bring me jobs, money and girls.
    ^This too.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Where do I start...

- That watching Tv to much makes your eyes go square
    - If you pull a funny face and the wind changes it stays like that forever
    - Easter Bunny (Rabbits don't lay eggs)
    - If I had a day off school my Nan said if there is a helicopter that means they are looking for me
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

When I was four I was looking at the book the Lorax and I asked my mum if this could ever really happen and she said yes if you cut down all the trees. i got so scared that I hid the book. I don't know why she told me that she really never lied much.

Offering:
    Looking for
    My 3ds fc:4441 9598 4755

1) That Santa Claus was real.
    2) That the tooth fairy was real.
    3) That water was a dangerous conductor of electricity (we were also taught this in primary school).
    4) That eating food with a dirty place mat would give you food poisoning.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

That an obese man lives at the Northern Polar region of Earth, has enslaved countless creatures of Germanic myth, and has flying reindeer and a sleigh that can somehow travel the globe in a single night and every year delivers presents to millions/billions of kin worldwide.

Also, that when my tooth falls out, I can place it under my pillow and another being of European myth will appear, take it, and leave me some moolah.

Man, I was a gullible youngin'.

They told me that I wasn't special but joke's on them now.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast