Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Drivers

Eh, I'm a terrible driver, I admit it. The lady that gave me my license was some crazy old dog lady that bred them for show and dressed them up and stuff, and so I was just like "Oh my God, you love dogs? I do too! I have three!" The woman practically squealed, touched my hand and said "You're going to do just fine dear"

I passed. One week later I stupidly pulled into a one way. Thank God it was late and there were no cars.

People in traffic circles who wait until there is a car coming before speeding out in front of them.

Also, tailgaters, especially when I'm already going over the speed limit. When I'm going 60 in a 55, there's no need for someone to be right on my *** trying to push 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    People in traffic circles who wait until there is a car coming before speeding out in front of them.

Also, tailgaters, especially when I'm already going over the speed limit. When I'm going 60 in a 55, there's no need for someone to be right on my *** trying to push 70.
    Oh man. There's heaps if these guys in New Zealand. I get a fair few if these guys, though one reason that I think I get so many is that in NZ when you are on your learner license (pretty much stage 1 of 3) you need yellow "L" plates on your windscreens to let everyone else know. Part of me thinks these guys are trying to be dicks and intimidate you, I know one of my high school friends did this to someone open their learners as well, purely because they were a learner.

Anyway though, I am getting better at driving, I think roundabouts are my weak point. Other than that I feel quite comfortable on the road.

I recall someone driving around my dad's car while we were at a stoplight. It made me wonder if the other driver had his or her license, or if they had any awareness of traffic rules.

Oh, tailgaters are another annoyance to me.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

I live in an area that seems to be full of them, namely near a major, well known university. Why seemingly ninety percent of people in such an instiution can't drive well is beyond me.....
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

A car accident occured yesterday, and i couldnt help wonder in the lousy area it was located: was it a gang war, or due to being drunk or high? >.>
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

People who drive with their fog lights on in the middle of a sunny day. What are they trying to do?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

It's those people that don't know those obscure laws (crossing double yellow lines only when entering a driveway, right-side cars at an intersection have right of way, etc.) that annoy me. If these rules are important but more easily forgettable, you'd think that they'd be more enforced, but sadly, that is not the case.

On a highway in my town, there is a LOT of space between the fogline and the side of the road at this one stoplight. I've seen people pass cars in front of them by going off the fogline, and turning right at that light.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

Went out clubbing with my best friend, drove back drunk.
    Woke up wondering how we were still alive the next morning.
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

I wish I could call the cops on you. Driving drunk is one of the stupidest thing you could ever do, and you're not only putting yourself in danger, but others as well, simply because you're an inconsiderate asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by WishforaMilotic View Post
    Went out clubbing with my best friend, drove back drunk.
    Woke up wondering how we were still alive the next morning.
    Holy ****, that's so ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    I wish I could call the cops on you. Driving drunk is one of the stupidest thing you could ever do, and you're not only putting yourself in danger, but others as well, simply because you're an inconsiderate asshole.
    I've never driven, I was a passanger and too drunk to realise the designated driver drank.
    Nice to know the staff are still polite here <3
    TEAM:

I hate it when people leave their blinkers on after making a turn, or when they just forget to turn them off. You can never tell what they're going to do. Also when people change lanes right in front of you, so close they almost scrape your bumper, just because they want to get around the person in front of them.

I've never driven, I was a passanger and too drunk to realise the designated driver drank.
    Nice to know the staff are still polite here <3

"Went out clubbing with my best friend, drove back drunk."

Might want to make that clear next time, then.

Last August I was running an errand when another driver, a diabetic who had neglected to check his blood sugar, passed out behind the wheel of his pickup truck and blew through a turn doing 90 kmh. He slammed into the car I was driving, right in the front fender and scraped all the way down the side.

Chevy half-ton vs Ford Focus. You do the math.

It was my 27th birthday, and I ended up in the hospital for 3 hours after being cut out of the wrecked car. Seriously people, if you've got some medical condition, make sure you're okay to drive before getting behind the wheel!
    Last edited by Cyberra; 3rd May 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    "Went out clubbing with my best friend, drove back drunk."
    Might want to make that clear next time, then.
    When you live in a different country from the one in which you were born, your grammar does deteriorate.
    If I did ever do something so stupid I wouln't post it on a forum stating someone shouldn't have a licence haha
    (i have a very considerate arse )
    TEAM:

At a red light a girl got out of her SUV and walked over to what appeared to be a friend.....parking her SUV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!!
    Now, there was nothing wrong with her car. She just stopped the car at the red light, hopped out and went over to a chick pushing a pram at which they both started laughing.

DAFAQ?!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Tailgaters are horrible where I am. There's tons of no light crosswalks and driveways as well.

People who use their brights at night, and don't turn them off ever resulting in me being blinded every time they approach.

People who basically stop at green lights.

People who wait like 5 seconds when the Left Turn Green Light is on to turn. That thing only last like 8 seconds.

People who drive 10 MPH under the speed limit in single lane no passing zones.
    You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness...

[IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/34si8ac.jpg[/IMG]

I'm just going to get in a car with some other drunk guy who is probably as drunk as me, or even more!
    Sounds like a wonderful idea. ;D

i almost got hit by a car because someone was swerving and going 35 in an ACTIVE school zone!
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I had many past moments of drivers losing their minds and not using their indicators, and not passing after the green light.

Anyone who texts and drive at the same time.
    The moms turned around screaming at their kids when at a green light, you know when they should be moving rather than yelling at their snotty nosed kids.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Less of a story more of a warning: People in the south CANNOT drive! I've lived here for ten years and drivers up north are so much better.
    My Y Team:

If you are not passing someone or if you are holding back traffic then get out of the left lane. I don't care if you are going 80 in a 60 zone, if I am right behind you and you don't have any reason to be in the left lane other than "hurr durr I'm already speeding, you don't need to pass me" then no, get the fuck out of my lane.

Also around campus there are a wealth of bicyclers who think they are immune to traffic laws. Wait until you get crushed by a 4000 pound machine and it's your fault.
    Last edited by Prelude; 5th May 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast