Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most emotional episode

Default Most emotional episode

Hey all!

Just wondering, has there been any episodes that surpass the emotions felt when watching that episode?

Also Episode 66 'Snow Way Out'?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I can think of plenty that caused outrage from the fan base far outstripping any sadness in that ep.

There might be a chance they will be showing Butterfree in Da! based on what I've seen on the posters. I might be wrong however.
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Gotta catch ya later was pretty sad. But i dont see any more emotional episodes that actually was as good as snow way out and bye bye butterfree now.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    Gotta catch ya later was pretty sad. But i dont see any more emotional episodes that actually was as good as snow way out and bye bye butterfree now.
    Agreed. The OS had some really solid emotional episodes.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

PIkachu's goodbye made me cry QQ, just like butterfree's episode.

If there's one thing that kanto had over everything else, it was dose moments. ;~;

Sinnoh comes at a close second, but ehhh, that might just be my bias/love for it. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I'm not sure, but the first episode "Pokemon! I Choose You!" comes close
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I think Gotta Catch You Later, Pokemon, I Choose You!, Charizard's Burning Ambitions, and Pikachu's Goodbye are all right up there with the Butterfree release episode.
    Especially Gotta Catch You Later and Pikachu's Goodbye those two both left me with that one knot in my throat. You know, when something sad but totally irrelevant to your life happens in some sort of media.

If there are any Warriors fans out there... I'm staring you right in the face Firestar. How dare you die in such a manner?

"Pikachu's Good Bye" was a tear jerker for as well as "The Birth of Mewtwo". Not an episode per say but still is very emotional and explains a lot of Mewtwo's charater.
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

The movies invoke more emotions in me than the episodes do, to be honest. But I remember getting very, very sad at "Pikachu's Goodbye" and "Gotta Catch You Later". Not sure if I shed tears at those parts, though. But any scene with the score "Tears, After the Cloudy Weather" tends to make me really sad because of how somber it is. Nostalgia I think plays a very tiny part in the song's effects on me, but as I've gotten into piano and violin (heck, just classical in general) music the last few years, I paid more attention to it, so it makes me sad. Maybe not tear-jerking, but I can feel it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I never was emotional about this episode. Charzard one I cried a lot however

"Mewtwo Strikes Back" and "Sweet Baby James" make me cry. Heck, they still bring on the waterworks when I watch them. "Bye Bye Butterfree"? Not so much. I can understand how it's emotional, but I don't know, it just doesn't grab me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

So am I the only one who is attached to Snow Way Out? I thought it was really sweet how they would rather all be together. A little sappy, but I like those

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Bye Bye Butterfree makes me cry and cry and cry. omg :'( I'm crying just thinking about it..Butterfree is one of my favorite pokemon and I seriously could not stop crying the first time I saw it..I remember that day so well...I was sitting in my grandfathers room we were watching it together and i just had a knot in my throat and lost it.....Everytime I see butterfree i get a tear in my eye... Snow Way out does the same to me. it's such a touching moment that Ash loves his pokemon that much. and of course The First Movie and Charazard's release, I never thought I would cry during Charazards release but I cried alot.

nothing will make me cry more than the end of A Togepi Mirage

twitter | tumblr | lastfm
    ☆☆ 3ds: 2921-9118-8471 | nnid: stephastated ☆☆

That was sad. Parting with butterfree and never seeing it again? Plain sad.

Pokemon Heroes for me.

Oh those last 3 diamond and pearl sinnoh leave victors
    But memories are made of bliss was the one that got me
    When piplup is so happy to be going on with ash and the rest but then gets so upset when he figures out he isnt
    _____
    Also when togetic left it was so upsetting we seen it hatch grow evolve and leave.
    Really felt it for misty
    And may is the background was exactly how I was.
    _____
    And of course the first time misty and Brock leave! Really loved misty

There is a lot that if chocked up on but those 3 are the most sad IMO
    Last edited by adamfitz; 16th May 2013 at 7:52 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

The one where Dawn left. I was never a HUGE fan of her, but all the tears, and goodbyes..

They made it seem so dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor sun View Post
    That was sad. Parting with butterfree and never seeing it again? Plain sad.
    Now the writers might yell "OBJECTION!", as we saw Butterfree on the Da! poster.

The most emotional episode was imo the one where Ash lost to Tobias, the lamest character ever introduced.

The first episode and Misty's departure episode. I cried during both and neither have been topped imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The first episode and Misty's departure episode. I cried during both and neither have been topped imo.
    ngl I was non stop crying @ the ladder.

Bye Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye are some that I couldn't watch twice when I was a kid (yeah, they made me that sad. I don't know if I cried but...xD) they still make me sad today.

Misty's Goodbye was another one, but I've watched it too many times where I've gotten over the initial shock. ^^;

BW wise it'd be Iris and Excadrill vs. the Dragon Buster. :/ It brought tears to my eyes.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Most emotional episodes:

-Snow Way Out.
    -Bye Bye Butterfree.
    -Pikachu's Goodbye.

My most emotional episode was when Paul left. I never felt anything for the earlier stuff.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast