Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Our World Instantly Became A World Full Of Pokemon...

Let's just say all of a sudden one normal day this happened, with no warning, all of sudden. Following what other people right here have said, I would go out and search, obviously very cautiously, for a Pokémon worthy of trust. Something like an Espeon would be pretty good for a start, for moderate protection. People would be scared, especially those without any past knowledge, but would most likely soon get a hold on what was happening and follow common sense with finding a certain Pokémon to protect and stay by their side.
    As time goes on, I can imagine the world quickly getting a hold on it all, creating new laws and so on. Family households would almost always have some sort of loyal family Pokémon, while those old enough would get parties of their own, like Pokémon trainers. Possibly, with current human technology, Pokémon rangers too could form to help maintain balance. And then, I would see everything just going on like in the games and the anime. Just more realistic, like probably no everyday person would have big powerful Pokémon like Tyranitar and Salamence as partners :P Don't know what would happen about PokéBalls though.

If this actually, somehow, did happen, it would be awesome, just a really big shock, for me.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    1. How long do you honestly believe our society, etc would last before it became pure chaos? Why?
    I'm assuming you mean that the animals would be replaced by Pokemon when you say "if our world instantly became a world full of Pokemon," which would mean that there would be no Pokemon Centers, Pokeballs, potions, and other items that are essential to the Pokemon universe.

In that case, the world would be in complete turmoil. Pokemon are more intelligent and powerful than regular animals, so there would be an increase in human deaths due to encounters with Pokemon such as Salamence, Gengar, etc. Also, the government would probably try to violently capture these Pokemon (due to the lack of Pokeballs) in order to study them, which would also create chaos.

2. Which Pokemon(s) would be the most sought after for protection or to be the best partners to use in a world full of Pokemon.
    Considering that there are no Pokeballs, it would be very difficult to find a partner. Only friendly and weak Pokemon such as a Zigzagoon or something would be willing to become "partners" with a human.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

If the world became full of Pokemon instantly, there would be some chaos in the beginning, but it would automatically and naturally arrange in peace soon.

A Salamance would be my perfect partner, and yeah, the society will make it. Even if pure chaos comes a solution will always be made... because there's Pokemon.

Just so long as these Pokemon would be put to better use, then there''s nothing to worry about.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

The world would be even more crazy,horrible,and corrupted than it already is. People would destroy everything with electrodes. Some idiot would punch a "rock" and onix would destroy a whole city. Half the world's population would be dead within a week. Although, there would be a small portion of people that would be "good" that would try to prevent the horrible things from happening,but still. I would honestly choose Torterra. Props to you Karen. ( If you didn't know, Karen of the Elite four says use your favorite pokemon )
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

I predict mass destruction. It starts with potential dictators, politicians (same difference, am I right? Zing.), criminals, and the mentally ill using their powers for their own benefit, or in some cases, strictly to harm others. Keep in mind how fragile humans are in the real world. We can be killed by a radio falling into the bathtub with us, or by bleeding out from a small cut on the underside of our wrists. Imagine a psychopath taming a Scyther and mowing down a mall full of people with it, or a power hungry leader unleashing Draco Meteors from his Hydreigon onto his enemies. Ultimately, what will ensure would be a near extinction of human life.

Near extinction.

The passive, more nature-loving humans will survive in small numbers, escaping the hysteria, and form a new society after all of the more active, open humans have long since killed themselves. They will survive as the animals they are, foraging for food and living in small, makeshift shelters. Mother Nature will tear down the skyscrapers and technology that we have, and lush forests, swamps, tundras, deserts, and so on will rise in their place, where the Pokemon will make their homes. The human cultures will build anew over the course of several thousand years, forming more humble abodes at first and eventually reaching the technology we see today. The difference, though, is that these humans will rebuild in a society alongside the Pokemon, forming a dependency on them as well as enough of an understanding to stop any Pokemon-related apocalypses from rising again. Ultimately, it would result in a Pokemon world not unlike those in the games and anime; it would just take several millenia to reach this state.

As for what would be most sought-after, in the times of chaos and destruction, it would be anything that could dish out the deaths en masse. Tyranitar to wipe things out with Sandstorm, Charizard for its Overheat, and even things as humble as Vespiquen to overwhelm the masses with its Combee swarms. There would be too much chaos to really "seek" a certain Pokemon; instead, it'd be an arms race to get the strongest Pokemon you can find, be it for aggression or protection.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I think society would be fine. You have your good and you have your bad. Me? I would be a 5th grade drop out in a heartbeat to be the very best like no one ever was with my trusty Starly and Treecko to start. In fact i need someone to make it so. Bring Pokemon to this world!

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Imagine all the fires and destruction from moves like Earthquake and Draco Meteor.

I don't think you all are really understanding the realism lol.
    Actually, Draco Meteor fizzles out when it hits a hard object, I think. And Earthquake seems to have been banned in the Anime.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

With todays science, scientists would experiment with genes etc. and loads of super powered pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect. If pokemon of such description could be controlled, everything would be fine. But if not, the super pokemon would run riot and war would begin between them and regular pokemon and humans.
    As for which pokemon would be te most used partners, i would say any that are both common and powerful. But me personally, would choose torterra and luxray.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

The whole planet would descend into chaos, in short words.

First, we'd have the first public discovery of pokemon worldwide, with half of the general public in fear, and the other half in awe. The governments will try to make claims however they can, with the likes of MI5, CIA and many other government agencies trying to make claims on the pokemon for research. Arguements could erupt over that. If they do not, some agencies will take the pokemon for testing, observation, and enhancement. These pokemon, would likely end up like Mewtwo, and how he was treat by Giovanni.

Then, eventually, the pokemon would break out, and would likely cause destruction on whoever closest to them. Then, it'd likely be a war; by the end of it, lord knows who'd win. If the pokemon were real, and were hiding in existing habitats, after a certain amount of time after their rarity decreased, we could live alongside them. But most of the time, it'd be like above.

This to me, seems a lot like the Mutant/Human debate in X Men.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

I can agree with that as well

At least if our world suddenly had Pokemon, it would make global politics interesting. The Israel-Palestine conflict could be solved with a simple Pokemon battle.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Complete and utter chaos. There are just so many people in the world who will destroy themselves and each other just trying to get to a Tyranitar or an Excadrill(epic earthquake power!).
    As for my Partner Pokemon, I would have to go with Gengar. It's tough, reliable, and should be able to protect me well enough. As a ghost, I doubt many things can hit it....

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Life would be more fun tbh. Who needs gas or a car when you can fly on Charzard?

You would be surprised to know that I would not suggest Mew as a partner. It is too rare. I suggest Dragonite, it is powerful, but gentle.

75% - I think that the economy would be destroyed. Considering the fact that most humans do not care about Global Warming, Deforestation, Famine, etc, they would not hesitate to use Pokemon selfishly for their own welfare.

25% - I think that the problems in the world would decrease. Pokemon can prevent scarcity of electricity, food, water, etc. They might even be able to stop casualties, that is, if people listen to Pokemon like Absol and Xatu.

I have officially claimed Mew.

Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    You would be surprised to know that I would not suggest Mew as a partner. It is too rare. I suggest Dragonite, it is powerful, but gentle.

75% - I think that the economy would be destroyed. Considering the fact that most humans do not care about Global Warming, Deforestation, Famine, etc, they would not hesitate to use Pokemon selfishly for their own welfare.

25% - I think that the problems in the world would decrease. Pokemon can prevent scarcity of electricity, food, water, etc. They might even be able to stop casualties, that is, if people listen to Pokemon like Absol and Xatu.
    Imagine Golurk, Machamp, and other physically strong Pokémon finishing human work in a matter of seconds-minutes! That would put so much poeple out of work.
    And as for selfishness, I can see Hitmontop being forced to spin in a big tank of alcoholic brew and be used as a mixer, causing the drownings of several Hitmontops Y_Y
    Let's just not let naďve ten year-olds running around with the Time-Space deities, as well as the earth creation deities, in a capsule in their pockets.

I remember the creepypasta about Pokémon not wanting to evolve, and how humans become selfish and force them to, especially children. Eevee may want to become a Vaporeon, but when you force it to become a Flareon it is shocked and kills you with fire for forcing it to be something it doesn't want to be. How would you people like it if all of a sudden Wailmer began evolving like crazy? Gyrados and Sharpedo are very dangerous and I would be convinced not to go in any body of water if any Frilish lines or Tentacool lines were in them.

However, Pokémon battles would be great! We can finally set up gyms and I have just found myself a new job as a Gym Leader or Elite Four in my state. Like the 50 states/provinces are their own leagues. Or maybe all of New England is a league because pairing Ct and RI in the same league would be inconvenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

Veneno Oscuridad - 80 Points
    A Fun Place!

Pokemon suddenly appearing one day with no warning could be a big problem. If they are like the ones in the anime it wont be as bad. However, if they are like the ones mentioned in the pokedex entries large amounts of people would be killed from things like haunters/gliscors/etc and they could do little to fight back.

Also if powerful pokemon like dialga/arceus/kyogre appeared, wars would break out to try and control them.

imo
    Some of my faves:

Now to fill the rest of this space.

Here's how things would go down: It'd be hunting season.

Id get an eevee and get the heck out of town.
    POKEMON X

SO EXCITED FOR GEN 6, HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE GEN 3 AND 4, ALSO HAVE NOT PLAYED AS THE GIRL SINCE THEN.

Personally, I think that an orderly society would probably cease to ever exist if the pokemon are like their pokedex entries and appear out of the blue. People would go power crazy and manipulate pokemon for their own selfish uses. Pokemon would be used for weapons in wars and be treated in an unorderly manner. Legendary pokemon might fight to the death with each other (e.g kyogre and groudon) and would cause natural disasters everywhere around the world, killing thousands of people. Imagine hydreigons being real and acting like their pokedex entries. *shivers*
    My partner pokemon would be either a psychic type like alakazam or a tame hydreigon that responded to only my commands.

If they just turned up out of the blue (or red, yellow, silver, gold :P ) people would panic! Where have they come from? Why are they here? What are they? (some people wouldn't recognise them) and how are we supposed to catch them? Someone will have to invent pokeballs pretty quick! I think that society would collapse for many years and then we would fall into a similar society to the anime because people will be forced to watch it to understand these creatures who have just popped out of nowhere and they will emulate it because it apparently works. Obviously there would be the inevitable scramble for the legendaries but if they are as rare and as sly as they seem in the anime (not many beyond Ash and co seem to ever see them) then it may be alright. I think Growlythe could become the most sought after pokemon as the police force need to get hold of them. My choice would be an Abra because I'd want a psychic type with me but I'd also want a Poliwag and Charmander too.

Well humans don't have pokeballs...

I think Pokemon will defend themselves, and with what powers they have it'd be more than enough to stop humans. This is probably what happened when humans discovered pokemon in that world.

Though it would be cool if it worked out peacefully it would more likely result in the world being destroyed

I think that we would see some people trying to abuse pokemon in a Team "insert name here" fashion. Maybe a bit of chaos at first.

I would find an Abra and a Cyndaquil as soon as possible. Then proceed to find a bunch of other psychic types
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

1) Not very soon at all. Maybe never LOL

2) Alakazam, Charizard, Dragonite, Legendaries, etc...

People would want PKMN that can destroy, create, fly, and adapt. Charizard can adapt, fly, and destroy. Dragonite can as well. Also, Hypno, Alakazam, Espeon, and so on would be sought after because they can change their environment and react. Ya' know?

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast