Thread: When did you stop watching?

Default When did you stop watching?

Well since this thread died out a few months ago, I thought I'd start it again. Assuming you stopped watching the show (even for a short while) when and why did you?

Remember to elaborate your posts, but not bash/put down a series.
    ---

I stopped during Advanced. I watch it in Japanese since DP.

I stopped around the 30th episode of BW. The episodes made me lose interest.

i stopped in the middle of dp. it went on soooo long and there was so many filler episodes. the series took twice as long as most of the others.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Sometime during Johto with the fillers.

However, it's best to say during late orange islands is when my interest in the anime was waning.

I never completely stopped watching, just had hiatus here and there.

I don't know if I'll still be watching in a few years, though, because of real life issues that may come up in the future.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Late Johto. Maybe it was filler, maybe I was just going through the teen phase of thinking I'd grown out of everything I loved.

Got back into it last year and caught up on Best Wishes and continued to follow it weekly. I'm on raws and subs now.

I did go back and watch some of AG and DP tho.

I stopped watching around the Battle Frontier arc when it moved to Cartoon Network. I don't have cable, so I fell out of it fairly quickly. I also wasn't a fan of the new voices, but that's been water under the bridge for a few years now.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I haven't stopped watching yet but I plan to stop soon.

8 seasons of 4kids and 8 seasons of TPCI is more than enough for me. Don't need anymore than that.

I feel finishing on an even ground is best for me since I like both dubs but I don't want to watch forever. I have other things in life to focus on.

Put together by me.

Sometime mid-late Hoenn if I remember right. I can't remember the reason why but I wasn't into the show as much sometime before DPPt rolled around. I have since then gained an interest in it and have been watching episodes I've missed when I have the time. On those days I've been able to watch a few.

I've taken a few breaks from the show here and there but i never stopped watching it all together

I've stopped several times; during mid-Johto, the tail end of Hoenn, and most recently BW. For the first one, I had actually missed several episodes and I couldn't get back into the series until I caught up with it sometime during the Whirl Islands arc. For the second one, I just lost interest in the plot and I didn't gain interest until the Battle Frontier saga. For the BW instance, I just sort of gave up. The plot got tiresome really quickly, I couldn't relate to the main characters and I just couldn't be bothered to stay tuned every week.

I stopped the moment I realized how horrible it is.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

I only kept up with Kanto through Hoenn

I still watch CERTAIN episodes, like the big rival battles, leagues, and appearances of pokemon I like. The anime went downhill in DP where the only cool thing was Hunter J and the rivalry with Paul. The voice acting has been getting worse and worse each season since Hoenn. Dawn was straight up ANNOYING' and Brock just wasn't funny anymore. Unova was even worse! Nothing but Attract spamming, and crappy characters. Not to mention the horrible battle sequences where the attacks always looked the same. The worst of it all... Ash bonding with MELOETTA! What is he, a brony? Same goes for the Eevee dude in the pinkish outfit. That anime was once so good T_T

I do plan to watch the Episode N stuff, though I know it will ruin him and Team Plasma for me. I wish they would lose Iris, lose Cilam, have less Team Rocket, bring back Hunter J, never involve Meloetta again, and change the battle style.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadeOfRoses View Post
    I only kept up with Kanto through Hoenn

I still watch CERTAIN episodes, like the big rival battles, leagues, and appearances of pokemon I like. The anime went downhill in DP where the only cool thing was Hunter J and the rivalry with Paul. The voice acting has been getting worse and worse each season since Hoenn. Dawn was straight up ANNOYING' and Brock just wasn't funny anymore. Unova was even worse! Nothing but Attract spamming, and crappy characters. Not to mention the horrible battle sequences where the attacks always looked the same. The worst of it all... Ash bonding with MELOETTA! What is he, a brony? Same goes for the Eevee dude in the pinkish outfit. That anime was once so good T_T

I do plan to watch the Episode N stuff, though I know it will ruin him and Team Plasma for me. I wish they would lose Iris, lose Cilam, have less Team Rocket, bring back Hunter J, never involve Meloetta again, and change the battle style.
    Meloetta won't ever be involved ever again.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I stopped watching at late Diamond and Pearl. I started again at Black and White but lost interest quickly. Going to watch the new season on the 25th though because that looks good.

Stoped b4 the end of hoenn but now i watching some of BW and DP
    Some of my faves:

Now to fill the rest of this space.

I stopped keeping up with the anime after the Ash vs. Roxie battle and just read reactions to new episodes online.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Halfway through the Sinnoh Saga. I just lost interest.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

What happened was I lost WB, then when I got it back years later, it was moved to CN (I will always consider this a mistake), but I lost cable a bit before that.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

I've had several hiatuses. First one was during Johto. The fad was dying and other more interesting shows were coming up, and with Johto's...Johtoness, I lost interest near the middle and end, but came back for the league and would later go back and watch the episodes I missed. Whether I regret doing that or not is a topic for another thread. I came back in Hoenn, the franchise was still not as popular as it use to be but I was satisfied until the near end of Hoenn where I took another hiatus and skipped all of Battle Frontier minus a few matches and again I would later come back and finish the saga. Stayed for all DP, didn't miss a episode and after 13 episodes of BW, I did not like the direction the show was going and I decided not to torture myself and quit. I'm hoping to be fully active on the anime half again with XY but I just don't know. I do feel like my time with the Pokemon anime is over.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I stopped religiously watching it during the Johto arc. Every now and then I would watch it, until around the Diamond and Pearl arc where I pretty much gave up on it completely. Just lost interest.

Stopped watching althogether when Hoenn started, and didn't watch it again until Unova started. Unova is definitely the best Pokemon series since Johto, in my opinion.

I stopped watching before advance and when advanced started, I started to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Mike View Post
    Stopped watching althogether when Hoenn started, and didn't watch it again until Unova started. Unova is definitely the best Pokemon series since Johto, in my opinion.
    For me it kinda revived the light-hearted feel the show had been missing since then. I missed that a bit.

AG still had it, though. DP had traces of it, but less so than the other sagas in lieu of a more mature take on the series.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 30th April 2013 at 4:14 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer