Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still enjoy pokemon as much as you ever have?

Default Do you still enjoy pokemon as much as you ever have?

For me at least, ever since i've gotten more and more into egg moves, IVs, EVs and natures its been getting more addictive but less enjoyable. I'd say the highlight of my pokemon days was playing gold version and not caring about any of the complex mechanics. What say you?
    Objectives:
    1) Fill a box with shiny pokemon! (before X)
    2) Breed quality competitive battlers!
    3) befriend someone with a ditto safari!
    Drop me a PM if you want to help me! We'll sort a trade out

On average, yeah, but it definitely fluctuates from time to time. Sometimes, usually around game release times, I'm well into it, but then there'll be other times when it's not so much.

yeah, I've enjoyed pokemon just as much as i used to.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

No. I first played Ruby/Sapphire, and I loved it. Then I played Gold/Silver, which I liked it until the game started freeze up (it was store bought too!). Then Diamond/Pearl came and that's when I started doing some other things in the game, mostly what Coileach said. But, I still liked it.

Then Black/White came and that's when it started to go down for me. Gen 6 will probably be a lot better, so I'm happy about that. I still play the games before Gen 5, but still not as happy as I was with Gen 4.

My interest for Pokemon has been the same since I have been introduced to it when I was young, but it kinda dropped down during the release of BW and came back up upon the release of BW2.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I actually ENTIRELY agree. I think I enjoyed the games a lot more before I was introduced to the more competitive aspects of. I used to enjoy just starting games constantly and playing through, but I barely ever do that anymore. Now I just train my pokeys up in their EVs and battle on the Wi-Fi which I BARELY even enjoy. It's more like a chore. I need to reset myself and just go back to enjoying random playthroughs.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I actually ENTIRELY agree. I think I enjoyed the games a lot more before I was introduced to the more competitive aspects of. I used to enjoy just starting games constantly and playing through, but I barely ever do that anymore. Now I just train my pokeys up in their EVs and battle on the Wi-Fi which I BARELY even enjoy. It's more like a chore. I need to reset myself and just go back to enjoying random playthroughs.
    Actually, I only DO random playthroughs. I never battle competitively, I don't train my Pokemon with EVs or IVs or egg moves. Probably because its too boring to learn ow to competitivly battle, and more easy to just enjoy the game as it is.

And yes, I do enjoy the games as much as I use to when I bought Diamond. In fact, I enjoy them even MORE now.
    I'm awesome

I'd say I enjoy it even more. The designs are getting way more creative and the graphics are getting a lot better. At first the new game mechanics annoyed the hell out of me but now that I understand it, I don't have a problem with it. I can now get any pokemon I want shiny and flawless by myself, although I really only care about nature and IVs. Anyway, I can't wait to see what XY brings!

I used to be literally addicted. I had a literal physical, psychological, and mental addiction to it. Then my best game got stolen.

Since then, I've learned to calm down and play casually.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

I definitely don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid, I was an addict!

I still enjoy playing the games very much, but I can become bored with them after a while and not play for long periods of time.

I enjoy it more every gen, with better graphics, music, battle mechanics, and imo the designs are better overall. I have barely ever gotten into competitive, so that helps. Of course it's way less challenging then when I was a kid, so it makes it less dramatic in a way in terms of just battling not to lose., but I also can understand the stories much more now.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I started out in Leafgreen and enjoyed the game until my hearts content, then I bought Sapphire and I was even more hooked, and even played Red, Yellow and Silver alongside. Diamond and Pearl came and and Pearl was the game I was most addicted to back then since I thought Sinnoh was a great region (and I still think so but Unova will always be my favorite until I see how X and Y come out). Then generation 5 came and I started to get into competitive battling which I find a great way to expand my experience with Pokémon (though nowadays I battle on PO/PS for easier and less arbitrary grinding). Even though I haven't touched my Black 2 in a while, I plan to go play again to hunt for some Shiny Pokémon.

Oddly enough, the more I got into egg moves and natures and IVs and all that stuff, I've found Pokemon to be much more enjoyable for a longer period of time. It used to be that a new game would come out, I'd get excited, play it until I beat it and finished most of the post-game content, then get bored and put Pokemon aside until the next game came out.
    Then I found out about how to customize Pokemon so that they become better battlers, and it opened up many new possibilities for teams that I never knew could exist. Now I'm always trying new things and it's taking me far longer to get to get bored with Pokemon. And even when I do, it doesn't take me long to get interested in a new project and get back into it.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

My interest in the series has fallen dramatically. The games are too similar and repetitive, I find, and after almost ten years, it's often hard to keep coming back to them. I do enjoy the games for a while, but they fail to hold my attention for months at a time – as they once did – when there are far more varied and appealing games out there.

It's actually more enjoyable for me now. When I started playing competitive, I got to meet new people, and it's sort of Gratifying beating people with the team you trained with all your hard work. True, EV training and the lot can be boring, but there's always battle simulators if you don't like it.

Before, playing Pokemon was something I used to do just to pass time, but now it's one my main hobbies!

My love for Pokemon has gone down quite a bit, but I'm still a fan. I'm sure XY will pull me back into the series, though. ^^

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I've gotten even more into Pokemon now than ever before! I have become addicted to trading so yeah. Plus I have found dvds for the seasons of the series I have missed. I am in my Pokemon hayday after all these years.

I don't enjoy Pokemon as much as before when I didn't know what EV's, IV's, nature and all the other complex mechanisms were.

Also, I don't enjoy the anime either as much as Ash went to Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Coileach View Post
    For me at least, ever since i've gotten more and more into egg moves, IVs, EVs and natures its been getting more addictive but less enjoyable. I'd say the highlight of my pokemon days was playing gold version and not caring about any of the complex mechanics. What say you?
    I feel the exact same way.Shiny hunting helps me a little bit though.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

This is an interesting question for me because in ways yes and in other ways no.

A lot of people would classify me as a gen oner when I say that I really do enjoy and prefer R/B/Y to the new games but at the same time that's not entirely true. I wouldn't say I love the new games as much as the classics heck no, i'd play Red version over Black 2, "flawed" battle mechanics and all -why do you think I mad a competitive R/B/Y team- but they are still great fun and i'm still avidly playing my Black 2, plus I just bought White 2 and I just got done EV training a Pokemon for the first ever time on my Black 2 game, and I love the heck out of Soul Silver. I really can't wait wait 6th gen has in store. So far it looks promising.

The only pokemon game that I just can't play for the life of me is ironically Fire Red/Leaf Green. I don't know why but...I just can't get into it. I've never actually beaten it, to me it's just not gen 1. I didn't like R/S/E anyway so that might have had something to do with it. I didn't really like the sprites and the battle mechanics and the music -the music and sprites were a big influence for my dislike- stuff like that in those gens and to have R/B/Y slapped on the base of my most disliked generation it's just really hard to get into. Every time I pay it I just can't and end up going back to playing Red version again, because I like it better, I can stand it. That's just my freaky logic spewing out and i'd adore GF for the rest of my like if they made gen 1 remake with the new mechanics and new style. Hell remake gen 3, I might be able to get into it now!

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

You know, funnily enough, a little while before X/Y were announced, I kinda when through a bit of a low point in terms of interest in Pokemon, which resulted in getting rid of all my Pokemon games (something that I regret entirely).
    However, when X/Y got announced, I suddenly felt psyched about Pokemon again, and that feeling has been growing ever since

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

^Sorry to hear. But for me, im loving pokemon more than ever. I still play black,white 2,soul.silver and even platinum. Of course sometimes are more enjoyable than others, but as a whole, my love for pokemon has never faded. And of course theres x and y to look forward to. So yeah i always enjoy pokemon.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'm considering getting out of competitive battling all together and just enjoying the game itself. To answer the question, yeah I was getting more and more disinterested, but now I feel a resurgence of joy by just playing through the story and training my faves in-game.

Certainly not as crazy about it as I was in my younger years but it still is one of my favorite game franchises.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I still love Pokémon. It could be the nostalgia factor of how it seems to fulfill a childhood dream of just leaving home to wander the earth for a while and finding a lot of friends along the way. It could be that I really enjoy the mechanics of the game, and just the style of the games and how they evolved over time. Whatever the reason may be, Pokémon has a special place in my heart that I can't bear to let go of. I have a feeling I will fall away from Pokémon for a long time in the future, but I can still see myself a few decades down the road playing a Pokémon game for the heck of it.

My argument is if my dad can still into Star Wars and comic books in his mid-forties, then I can be into Pokémon at that age as well--and there are a good number of folks around that age who still are.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast