Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still enjoy pokemon as much as you ever have?

I only enjoy the Pokemon franchise as much I do, but not the main series games or PO/PS. :/ It's just gotten boring over the days, I haven't played Black since 12/28/12. ._. And PS since February. Though I still do love the franchise and I'm writing a story dedicated to it, I'm mostly into the non-main-series side of Pokemon and non-video games-side of Pokemon. ^^; Though, I'm sure when X and Y come out I'll buy it immediately. XD

EDIT: Also, my interest for the main series games and PO/PS has dropped beyond drastically. ._.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 16th April 2013 at 1:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I feel that I'm into it more that I had before. I mean, Pokemon isn't my favorite game, but I still like it.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I suppose I still enjoy the Pokemon franchise, since I still like buying some of its merchandise. But when it comes to the games, I have to admit that it's a little time-consuming and exhausting.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

I'm formerly Kiseki!

I am 21 years old and in college and YES I still love Pokemon just as much and more as when I did when I was a little kid.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/eb785j.gif[/IMG]

I like Pokémon more now than I did back then. When I was a kid, I was naive and self-centered. Nowadays I'm just self-centered. :P

Regardless, since I'm a lot more intelligent now than I was as a kid, I'm able to enjoy the games and even the Pokémon themselves a lot more; back then, I was really into Pokémon, but I didn't care too much for RBY and was instead more interested in the anime. I did grow to love the games during the time of GSC and RS, but I still don't think that I was able to appreciate them quite like I do now.

Yes! I'll enjoy it even more with the release of X and Y. Based on what I've seen o far, I have high expectations for the two games.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Yes, I think so. I think it's because I only play it when I want to, and I don't worry about the cheating and stress that comes with the competive stuff, but just having fun and trading to fill my Dex. I tend to have a period of inactivity pokemon-wise after beating the elite four and champion, but even after the next game comes out, and the next, I still end up playing my old games.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

I enjoy the anime more than I ever did due to the fact i dont watch the dub. The time learning jap was worth it haha. the games are fun for me because i play with friends and I dont battle competitively I play enough games seriously i dont want to add pokemon to that list. I like to raise my 5 teams (power,cool,cute,electric, and random) and wait for the next one.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

I'm still loving pokémon as much as I did back when I started to play it, maybe more; that said, I'm a very distracted person and college (plus other interest I picked along the road) didn't help that at all, so my interest for the series fades from time to time.
    When that happens, there's usually something new that I do like to try in the games that gets me back to the series every time, like trying contests or the pokéathlon or playing nuzlocke challenges. Sometimes I write stories about the characters or train themed pokémon.
    I dunno, I feel like there is still a lot to try in every game and that always keeps my love for the series going.

I was 15 when Pokemon first came out. I am 30 years old now, and it fills me with as much joy as it ever did. I still play the games on a regular basis, found a new love of TCG through the online app, and just love it in general. Its something I have never really been able to put my finger on why I feel so strongly about Pokemon as a whole. Its basically my happy place, the anime which tons of people seem to dislike never fails to lighten my mood. Hahaha, I didn't mean to babble there, but yes, I still love in now, if not more, than ever.
    time you enjoy wasting is not wasted- john lennon

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Yes I actually still enjoy it a lot. It was declining rapidly when it was on its fourth generation, but was brought back up by fifth.

I enjoy capturing my favorite Pokemon and making them grow strong. Its like... mini accomplishments that give a bit of happiness every time.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I'm not as into it as I was when I was younger, but the idea of finding and capturing new Pokemon is what I enjoy most about Pokemon.

I still enjoy it and play it from time to time.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Just recently I bought Black 2 and I'm enjoying it like I always enjoyed my pokemon games when I was young (pokemon Red), like a little fangirl. xD
    Though I wasn't so sure about Diamond/Pearl/Platinum series. It somehow lacked something that I just can't place. Good thing B/W totally revived my enthusiasm~

I do very much still enjoy Pokemon. So much so that I've actually built an entire project around the same concept as a game designer. The really fun thing about playing it these days compared to back when I was younger is that now I can play with my boys and we all have fun battling and catching pokemon together.
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

I still enjoy Pokemon as much as I did the day I started almost five years ago. But I went through this stage where I just didn't play it at all. But I'm glad I got back into it because it is such a good game.

Honestly no, I pretty much never play any more, I'm skipping the next mystery dungeon for various reasons. I'll still play X and Y, but probably just once.

However, I still hang around here for the non-pokemon sections. And the occasional dabble in the pokemon sections.

Yes I still enjoy it very much apart from some crappy designs. I hope x and y provides cooler Pokemon because in this gen it showed they were running out of ideas. I play it almost every day but Sapphire was the most enjoyable time I had with Pokemon.

I love Pokémon, but the after game can be improved. I just don't find catching a few secret legendaries (apart from Rayquaza) that exciting, or the battle frontier. I did like the White Treehollow, just for the fact you could get a shiny Dratini from it, and it has a more open feel than the battle tower.
    <-------Favourite Legendary!
    <-------Favourite Non-legendary!
    <-------Favourite Not-fully-evolved!

Im try to enjoy the game itself, but I hate competition and IV's and such. It's all so confusing now.
    I still play it, but I just think it's more complex now.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedPeppers View Post
    I love Pokémon, but the after game can be improved. I just don't find catching a few secret legendaries (apart from Rayquaza) that exciting, or the battle frontier. I did like the White Treehollow, just for the fact you could get a shiny Dratini from it, and it has a more open feel than the battle tower.
    It would be really cool if in the after game, you were actually acknowledged as the champion and maybe somehow challenged by random trainers by calling you or just encountering you.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Actually, I only DO random playthroughs. I never battle competitively, I don't train my Pokemon with EVs or IVs or egg moves. Probably because its too boring to learn ow to competitivly battle, and more easy to just enjoy the game as it is.

And yes, I do enjoy the games as much as I use to when I bought Diamond. In fact, I enjoy them even MORE now.
    I see what your saying but I wouldn't call competitive battling boring. Just difficult. True I don't competitive battle because I believe EV training is very difficult and time consuming. That takes the fun out of the game for me. I usually just stick to random playthtoughs with some occasional breeding.
    Gaming is not always about the victory and the conquest of your foes. Enjoy the journey for what it is. It all pays off in the end

My level 100 dream team

[img]http://oi44.*******.com/107s2vk.jpg[/img]

Hey do you like manga? If you do check out my collaboration with orochi of my story Blood Type P . Just click on the link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0-Blood-Type-P
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2uhy7m9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/24fhc3d.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Yes I still enjoy it very much apart from some crappy designs. I hope x and y provides cooler Pokemon because in this gen it showed they were running out of ideas. I play it almost every day but Sapphire was the most enjoyable time I had with Pokemon.
    Ugh no this generation was most certainly not running out of ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeepfly View Post
    I see what your saying but I wouldn't call competitive battling boring. Just difficult. True I don't competitive battle because I believe EV training is very difficult and time consuming. That takes the fun out of the game for me. I usually just stick to random playthtoughs with some occasional breeding.
    You could just go on PO/PS and build a team there, without the harsh EV grinding.

I definitely do not enjoy Pokemon as much anymore. I started playing Red, and was so addicted I played every chance I had. This continued until I completed Diamond. I lost interest in Diamond and hardly play the new games, especially Gen 5, but I still play the pre-Gen 4 games a lot.
    I believe that no Pokemon after Gen 3, Legendary or not, is a real Pokemon.

I don't even play pokemon anymore. I'm hoping XY gets me back in though, I don't wanna let go of the game I grew up with.
    I claim Larvitar!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast